NBA Free Agency 2K18

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Meh. Most major signings have their own threads anyway, right? I'll decide tomorrow whether or not to merge this with the offseason thread. (I haven't been a mod on this board for that long, so I'm not sure how you guys post over here.)

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Meh. Most major signings have their own threads anyway, right? I'll decide tomorrow whether or not to merge this with the offseason thread. (I haven't been a mod on this board for that long, so I'm not sure how you guys post over here.)

Its more for the smaller ones and to keep threads clean.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Anyone else not buying these recent reports of LeBron and George possibly staying? I still think they both go to the Lakers and it has probably been done for some time. Feels like a way to try and hide the tampering a bit.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Anyone else not buying these recent reports of LeBron and George possibly staying? I still think they both go to the Lakers and it has probably been done for some time. Feels like a way to try and hide the tampering a bit.

I could definitely see George staying with OKC. As for LeBron, I have no idea.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

PG seems genuinely happy in OKC - however sometimes the pull of playing at home is too much.

LeBron only stays if Gilbert gives him an ownership stake and not just a Jay Z symbolic one of 0.30%. He wants his blood sweat and tears to turn into actual equity. This would be on top of a 5 year, 200 million dollar max contract, likely with an opt out after year 3 incase things go south.

He would also stay if his wife pleaded with him - she's a huge influence on him and if she wants her kids to grow up in Akron/Cleveland, I'm sure he'll oblige.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't know why Paul George would actually stay in OKC. The bench is trash, 'Melo is garbage at this point in his career and eating up huge money, and guys simply can't play to their potential with Westbrook being so ball dominant.

Sure, if you like Oklahoma City as a place to live by all means, do what you want to but in terms of a pure basketball move, I think OKC is far, far down the list of teams he should consider signing with.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I don't know why Paul George would actually stay in OKC. The bench is trash, 'Melo is garbage at this point in his career and eating up huge money, and guys simply can't play to their potential with Westbrook being so ball dominant.

Sure, if you like Oklahoma City as a place to live by all means, do what you want to but in terms of a pure basketball move, I think OKC is far, far down the list of teams he should consider signing with.

He's either stay in OKC or signing in LA.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
yeah PG would be incredibly stupid to stay with OKC

also, lol @ DJ potentially signing with the mavs. are any of the current clippers willing to hold him hostage in their homes again?

Reactions: darko

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
So Stephen A. Smith reports that LeBron James texted Kevin Durant about potentially joining forces on the Lakers. Joe Vardon of Cleveland.com then reports right away that James hadn't talked to Durant about joining the Lakers, and that James joining Los Angeles wasn't dependent on Kawhi joining the team.

It seems very outlandish that James would text KD to join forces. Then again, I haven't believed a word out of Stephen A. Smith's mouth in years.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
So not only are superstars wanting to join forces nowadays, it's the superstars at the same position. I know one of them would play the 4. Bht f*** this small ball era.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Of course LeBron would want Durant. It helps him and hurts the Warriors at the same time.

Don't think for a second he isn't peeved that Golden State constructed a team the right way and beat his brains in 3 out of 4 times.

George looks like he is officially gone from OKC. What remains to be seen is if he'll play the Wade/Irving role or the Bosh/Love role.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I've heard more and more people saying he should go to the Sixers and that makes a lot of sense to me. That'd be a great situation for him if he no longer cares about playing at home in LA. They could use another wing player and shooter and even though he might be the third option, he'll still get the ball a lot because Simmons is always looking to pass.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I've heard more and more people saying he should go to the Sixers and that makes a lot of sense to me. That'd be a great situation for him if he no longer cares about playing at home in LA. They could use another wing player and shooter and even though he might be the third option, he'll still get the ball a lot because Simmons is always looking to pass.

George would be my preference for the Sixers. He’s a better fit than LeBron and unlike Kawhi all he’d cost is $$$.

Reactions: Avs_19

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The Sixers seem to be shunned by everyone. Not really on LeBron's radar, nor PG's, and no speculation of them trading for Kawhi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad