GDT: Free Agency 2020, Part III - Hockey is back! Regular season to begin January 13th 2021

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Eh I think there is a big difference in certainty; Hoffman is a certain 30 goal scorer for us; Duclair isn’t.

I’m guessing we are inviting prospects who we haven’t seen before (or require intensive evaluation), in the hunt for a spot, or might make the taxi squad (the older guys like Marchment)

Edit: taking a look at the forwards I think Hepo is the only returning AHLer who has been in camp with us before, right?
Hoffman makes hey on pp and doesn’t create much 5 on 5. Duclaire drives offense much better 5 on 5. Hoffman is irrelvant

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I think there is a good chance that Deni is a big club. Maybe the betting markets were right about him?

With Saarela not coming over(at least right away), Deni definitely has a good chance of being in the starting lineup. Zito seems to want it, and if he can be decent defensively, Q will play him.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
With Saarela not coming over(at least right away), Deni definitely has a good chance of being in the starting lineup. Zito seems to want it, and if he can be decent defensively, Q will play him.
Yep: Last year’s WJC showed us the passion that Deni can play with: I wouldn’t mine a new HBD ;)

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
If deni out in the work and has taken huge steps from last year maybe he can make it. But for how much he struggled last year in a men’s league it would be shocking

Reactions: 16Skippy

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Dom's final Central projections:

Tampa- 73 points
Carolina- 69 points
Dallas- 66 points
Nashville- 64 points
Columbus- 63 points
Florida- 61 points
Chicago- 54 points
Detroit- 50 points

Pretty realistic, Florida's gonna finish between 4-6

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

Tampa- 73 points
Carolina- 69 points
Dallas- 66 points
Nashville- 64 points
Columbus- 63 points
Florida- 61 points
Chicago- 54 points
Detroit- 50 points

Dom is somewhat of a joke IMO. He shits on Florida on the reg.

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Tampa- 73 points
Carolina- 69 points
Dallas- 66 points
Nashville- 64 points
Columbus- 63 points
Florida- 61 points
Chicago- 54 points
Detroit- 50 points

Feel we're better than CBJ, they lost a ton of defensive depth which is their biggest strength.
If PLD is shipping out, Domi becomes their #1C.
Almost feels like Kek is forced to do a retool year since swinging and missing on Hall/Hoffman etc.

Did Nashville get any better? If so, where?

It'll be close between these 3 but I like the sandpaper we added throughout the lineup, overall offense won't dip that much if at least one of Tipp/Deni can produce.
Think Verhaeghe should get a look at 2C and give Wennberg more defensive 3C role.

I know everyone is focusing/worrying on Wennberg but he's forced to bust his ass on a 1 year deal, a fair amount of players typically have career/better years.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006

Tampa- 73 points
Carolina- 69 points
Dallas- 66 points
Nashville- 64 points
Columbus- 63 points
Florida- 61 points
Chicago- 54 points
Detroit- 50 points

No way will it turn out like this.

Tampa won’t dominate like that.
Nashville won’t be that good.
Florida won’t be that bad.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Hepo is a bit of a surprise although unlike Saarela and Borg he has a contract so he needs Florida’s permission. A good AHl season would do a lot for Hepo
It was reported already when Hepo went to play with MODO, that the plan for him is to return to NA when the season starts.

Now is it the right thing to do? Who knows.

Regarding Saarela:
Makes sense, he wasn't a shoe-in to make the line-up on a regular basis. I'd rather play than be on the taxi squad too.

Note how the roster .PDF they posted in the press release had a C for Barkov, but no A’s.
I'd think they're doing the home and away thing again.

Hornqvist & Ekblad
Huberdeau & Yandle

Acciari as the first reserve, Gudas reputation with refs probably prevents him from the conversation.

If deni out in the work and has taken huge steps from last year maybe he can make it. But for how much he struggled last year in a men’s league it would be shocking
Knowing the KHL, it really wouldn't be. Very few prospects get to play the kind of minutes you would get in SHL/Liiga/NLA etc. with Denisenko's status. They are constantly being yo-yo'd through the lines and the first guy the coach points at when he needs a fall guy. It's a terrible league for young players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad