Speculation: Free Agency 2016 : Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

Either way, plenty of cash to throw at someone good. Man, it feels like one of those game-shows where you have to go on a shopping spree! Time to spin the Free-Agent Wheel of Overpayment! Wheeee!!

You KNOW that cap space is going to be spent. The question is: One top player or two lesser players? Bergevin better be aiming big.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
Buy out Desharnais, and move Emelin. Then sign Eriksson AND Ladd.

Ladd will probably sign for less than people think. I bet 5x5 coudl get it done. Eriksson will cost more, but probably less than 7. 4x6.5? maybe a bit more term.

That still leaves around 3.5-4M in cap space if they felt the need to acquire Fowler.

Can't, buyout period is over.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
If we banish Davey to the AHL, how much money do we save....the whole contract, just a portion or nothing at all?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Can't, buyout period is over.

Screw it. I'm resigned to Desharnais being here one more year. The only thing I ask is he gets bumped down to 3rd-line duties and 3rd-line minutes PERMANENTLY. No Power-play, no sneaking back into Max's pocket, his top-six clearance revoked with extreme prejudice. Give the guy a final season of dignity playing at his level of competence, where he'll be a decent support player with 25-30 points, and let him retire with an ember of affection from our fan base.

Stan

Mar 20, 2005
Screw it. I'm resigned to Desharnais being here one more year. The only thing I ask is he gets bumped down to 3rd-line duties and 3rd-line minutes PERMANENTLY. No Power-play, no sneaking back into Max's pocket, his top-six clearance revoked with extreme prejudice. Give the guy a final season of dignity playing at his level of competence, where he'll be a decent support player with 25-30 points, and let him retire with an ember of affection from our fan base.

You've become soft

Stan

Mar 20, 2005

Also....it would probably force MB to re-sign him. That scares me more than anything

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Landeskog apparently for sale

Chris Nichols
‏@NicholsOnHockey
Seravalli just said on 1260 that Gabriel Landeskog is going to make his debut on the TSN Trade Bait board. To be posted within hours. #Avs

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
Landeskog apparently for sale

Chris Nichols
‏@NicholsOnHockey
Seravalli just said on 1260 that Gabriel Landeskog is going to make his debut on the TSN Trade Bait board. To be posted within hours. #Avs
Hmm can we add 2 new captains in one week? Bahaha. The only valuable player that we could trade has been traded. No way we move Gally or Chucky imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad