Free Agency 2015

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think Glencross can be had on a deal comparable to Raymond last year (3 x 3.5 maybe a bit higher for Glencross) I think his stocks fallen quite a bit after the playoffs he watched most of from the press level.

He's not the answer to any big questions like the defense but a middle six depth option that can actually play would be welcome.

You're right some cap floor team might give him a ridiculous contract but fills a need. But would way rather Glencross than Stewart.

Kelly must go. There's simply no place for him on this team going forward.

Agree 100% on both.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Matt Irwin would be pretty cool, I've met him a few times and he is the childhood friend of a friend back in Canada. It would be awesome to see him sign for Boston because my friend hates the Bruins and would have to change his tune for his childhood friend :laugh:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Matt Irwin would be pretty cool, I've met him a few times and he is the childhood friend of a friend back in Canada. It would be awesome to see him sign for Boston because my friend hates the Bruins and would have to change his tune for his childhood friend :laugh:

^^hehehe works for me!^^:laugh:

As most everybody has already said: IF the B's are going to want to pick up any of the free agents they'll need to shed some serious coin.
I'd like to see them trade Kelly (of course) and Reilly Smith. He doesn't have the uptempo, balls to the wall attitude that I think he should have. He does a few things well enough I guess but I'd rather see them free up some cap space more than watching him do what someone else (Frolik) can do with enthusiasm.
Also would like to see Sekera here to. Whatever they have planned, especially if it's going after a UFA they'd be smart to clear space TODAY!

TootSweet

Sep 22, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Give me Sekera, Fleischmann and J.Williams and I'll be happy. We probably don't have the dough for that so we should end up with :

Corey Potter, Rich Clune and Danny Heatley.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Mike Richards/Brad Richards/anyone on a 1yr/2m deal would be much easier to stomach than signing garbage like Stewart/Belesky/Vermette long term.

I'm going in expecting the worst to be honest.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I have a gut feeling Vermette signs here

Right. Cause a C is what we need...

There isn't much to like with this UFA class. I rather they pass on this group. Likely mean we'll overpay for a couple of players that will become the new untradable contracts on the team.

And we will have traded Hamilton to get Cap room for them... :help:

BostonPC

Bleed Black & Gold
Dec 3, 2005
Woburn, MA
Mike Richards/Brad Richards/anyone on a 1yr/2m deal would be much easier to stomach than signing garbage like Stewart/Belesky/Vermette long term.

I'm going in expecting the worst to be honest.

We have been conditioned to expect the worst over the last two years... they need to break that cycle.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Around 48 hours away from the opening of free agency and I haven't seen a thread yet, so I thought I'd create one.

Feel free to discuss/predict what you think the Bruins' needs/wants/plans are this week.

Keep the cap in mind, when discussing trades/signings. The Bruins can be over the cap by as much as 10% before the season starts.(71.4m ceiling + 7.14m)

That said, I thought our D needed upgrading, even before our draft day trades. I think it's even more critical now. G is set and our forwards can mix/match/slot in as needed.
D is my target.... Green/Sekera are the cream of the crop. My darkhorse is Matt Irwin from the Sharks. He has a solid shot, big body and can get dirty in the corners. I think there could be value there.

They need to add a top 4 D-man and it's not an option. These guys are not going to be signed for cheap so I fully expect to see Kelly/Eriksson being traded. Bruins not having a TON of flexibility under the cap so... A huge thank to PC in that regard.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Are there any legit rumors of Rask going somewhere? I hear rumblings.

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
I think I'll have to delete the Bruins app on my phone for tomorrow. I don't want to be pissed off at work like I was on Friday after I got the updates on Lucic and Hamilton :cry:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad