GDT: Free agency 2014 Part III - We got older, bring on the walkers

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't think the Avs would be interested in Boychuck after the Stuart deal, but if they were it would likely be an Elliott + for Boychuck deal.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I don't think the Avs would be interested in Boychuck after the Stuart deal, but if they were it would likely be an Elliott + for Boychuck deal.

That was my first thought as well but Boston wouldn't be able to take on Elliott. He wouldn't make their big club and they would lose him on waivers. Joey Hishon would be a guy Boston might want.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
We'd be sending picks & prospects for Boychuk. The Spoked Wheels want to shed salary. We'd have to shed salary after that.

When is the deadline for CBO for Wilson?

54toscore

Oct 12, 2006
I would have been ok with that contract here. I wanted Verb more then Iggy Azalea

So, you're telling me you would prefer to splash $5 million per year on a winger who has eclipsed 30 goals only ONCE in his 13-year career than spending that money on a winger who has eclipsed 30 goals in EACH of the last 12 full NHL seasons!?!?

I just don't get it.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
So, you're telling me you would prefer to splash $5 million per year on a winger who has eclipsed 30 goals only ONCE in his 13-year career than spending that money on a winger who has eclipsed 30 goals in EACH of the last 12 full NHL seasons!?!?

I just don't get it.

But....but.....37.....no speed.....Buttonsayswesuck.....

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Josh Yohe ‏@JoshYohe_Trib 2 min
Just spoke with Steve Downie. "There will not be liberties taken against our star players in Pittsburgh."

Yeesh, that could get ugly if that's the role they stressed he should play. His role should be to get under the skin of others, not to react or retaliate to what the other team is doing. That's just promoting him crossing the line.

Hopefully it's just standard talk. I want to see Steve do well in the league, not become Matt Cooke.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Didn't Penguin fans despise Downie?

I said this about Downie when he was on the Avs, doing something that pisses him off is like pulling the pin on a grenade and throwing it at your teammate. You just know he is going to come back and do something to hurt someone, anyone.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Not sure its been posted but I found this interesting. It's a behind the scenes look at the Neal trade. The interesting part is the Pens apparently could have made a deal for Colorado's #23 overall pick and then packaged their #22 overall with the #23 overall and Neal to get Hornqvist, Spaling and the #11 overall. I have no idea what the Pens would have traded to get the #23 overall though.

http://video.predators.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=1501&id=627845&lang=en&navid=DL|NSH|home

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
So the "high pick" was number 23 and PAP for Neal......

Edit: If you didnt know, there was a rumour flying around that Roy had offered a high pick and PAP for James Neal. We just didn't know what pick or if it was true at all. But this pretty much confirms it.

So if Preds hadn't prefered to do the player deal isn't of the pick deal, we would be sitting on Neal now. Instead of Briere. Would we still have gone for Iggy?

Last edited:

CoachBadkitten

Matt Hunwick
Jul 25, 2012
Colorado
So the "high pick" was number 23 and PAP for Neal......

Edit: If you didnt know, there was a rumour flying around that Roy had offered a high pick and PAP for James Neal. We just didn't know what pick or if it was true at all. But this pretty much confirms it.

So if Preds hadn't prefered to do the player deal isn't of the pick deal, we would be sitting on Neal now. Instead of Briere. Would we still have gone for Iggy?

Wasn't the Neal deal, because that was being discussed by Rutherford and Poile already, It was a separate deal for #23 I guess.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Wasn't the Neal deal, because that was being discussed by Rutherford and Poile already, It was a separate deal for #23 I guess.

But wasn't Poile basically asked if he wanted to do the pick deal or the player deal? If he had prefered the pick deal, Pens would have made the player deal with the Avs instead. That's the way it sounded to me. But Poile had first dibs on the player deal. I imagine they prefered Hornqvist over Parenteau.

Edit: I mean, it's not like he doesn't stop talking about Neal with other teams just cause he is discussing Neals name with the Preds. Especially if you are shopping a player like he was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad