GDT: Free agency 2014 Part III - We got older, bring on the walkers

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Tourigny interview on RDS:

-Iginla was there #1 ranked forward, love his leadership, toughness, intangibles etc.

-Still talking to Benoit (seemed a little iffy on it)

-Avs aren't done yet

-Briere will play an offensive role and on the PP

Add this here

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Pretty sure not being done means more trades... which means prepare for the next melt down. :sarcasm:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Ryan Rishaug @TSNRyanRishaug
Rangers sign Hunwick 1 year 600k done deal.

kitsel

Mar 31, 2012
Thats really interesting.

Maybe that 7x7 rumor about the Lightning was made up.

It must have been. I saw it as did a few others that posted here and it just sounds absurd that nearly ANYONE would turn that down, let alone Niskanen. I mean he's good, but... really?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Avs aren't done? Is that because they have some contracts to move?

I don't see how they could still be talking to Benoit given how many freaking defensemen we have.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
If the Avs are still looking at Benoit, then something is up with the defense. Just too many guys right now.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Not sure if not being done means more new signing and trades, or simply O'Reilly and Barrie getting new contracts. Would be weird if latter. Maybe they make that Kulikov trade finally.

HF007

Sep 9, 2008
I feel like the Avs added experience but only lateral moves so far. Our D is still underwhelming.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com

I don't see how they could still be talking to Benoit given how many freaking defensemen we have.

I think they are probably still trying to sell Wilson to someone.

I would bet money that one of Cliche, McLeod, or Bords gets traded before the season starts. Outside chance of Talbot being traded.

I think Hejda could be on the market. Would not be shocked to see him moved for an asset and another guy signed, Mitchell. Outside chance that the Avs go after Niskanen, moving Barrie or Niskanen to the left side?

Also could just mean that the Avs are working hard to sign Barrie and O'Money. Signing those guys to contracts would go a long ways towards relieving the sting of losing Cashny.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
We went after Neal. Curious if they're still looking for a forward. Seems it would be worth adding Kulemin.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Hard to say. I wonder when we pulled out of the Niskanen bidding war. Was it before the Stuart trade and minor signings or were they still trying after that? If it's the latter, they might still be looking to do more than just dump some contracts.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Even though the Avs seem to have some contracts they need to move I cant see anything really being done until Barrie/O'Reilly is completely figured out.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
so the only avs who tweeted at staz were Duchene/landeskog/o'reilly(that I know of). I'm sure some privately messaged him but I can see mackinnon being upset with him walking out on him in a sence. pauly's dad mentored joe/joe mentored paul/paul could have mentored matt/nate. oh well, bring on bleackley.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad