Fredrik Olofsson

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He's a dime-a-dozen bottom-six player, but definitely NHL calibre. Very surprised that Dallas just gave him away for free.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
He's a dime-a-dozen bottom-six player, but definitely NHL calibre. Very surprised that Dallas just gave him away for free.
Pretty much.

Our 4th line has had some of the best possession metrics on the entire team so far so I'd say he, Cogs, and LOC have all met or exceeded expectations this far in.

Would like to see some of the opportunities go in but for a 4th line, if they're spending more time in the opponents end tiring out there players and less time in our end, they're doing a good job.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Pretty much.

Our 4th line has had some of the best possession metrics on the entire team so far so I'd say he, Cogs, and LOC have all met or exceeded expectations this far in.

Would like to see some of the opportunities go in but for a 4th line, if they're spending more time in the opponents end tiring out there players and less time in our end, they're doing a good job.
4th line has easily been our most consistent line with all three being great, but I think O'Connor has the team's brightest spot this year after Rantanen and Makar (and maybe Georgiev). He wasn't going to score at a 40-goal pace, but he's looked to have taken the next step in terms of development so far.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
He's been very good for us given his role and expectations.

Can't ask much more for a 4th liner. We've cycled through dozens of bottom-six players and Olofsson is a great fit for Bednar's system.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
He's been a great 4C so far, hard to complain about what he's done with the role so far. Hard worker, good with the defensive details, efficient PKer, and he's even chipped in a bit of offensive production as well.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Him being able to go back to playing C increased his value to the team significantly. If he was just a 4LW, he wouldn't be playing over Cogliano so I'm glad for that.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
He isn't dominating possession quite like he was early in the year... But I wonder how much of that is actually on him, versus the injuries moving LOC up a line and other lesser players into the 4th line spot.

Still, I think he's been an excellent 4C so far and even the production is starting to look ok for a 4th liner, on pace for nearly 20 points now.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
He plays hard, skates well, battles his ass off, blocks shots. All you could ask for from a 4th line centre. Chips in the occasional offensive production.

Thrilled with him.
And we can add good on the PK as well. So far he has been really good.

His production could also be higher if LOC would have stayed on that line.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
He's on pace for 18 points, that's 4th line production. Not sure I'd be expecting much more.
No I agree. I just meant a bit higher like a couple pts so far maybe another 5-6 pts higher on an 82-game pace. I just meant LOC is a big upgrade on guys like Dermy. That Cogs-Freddy-LOC line was terrific and very dangerous for a 4th line.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Really like the way Olofsson has played in his role.

Smart reliable two way player, plays within his role, will hound pucks the way Bednar wants, and limit mistakes while generating momentum, but also has a bit of underrated skill as we've seen recently.

I think he migth have surpassed Bellemare as the Avs best 4C in recent history. Probably only Yelle is ahead of him IMO.

Avs might have their best 3C too with Colton. Outside of 2C, the Avs have had great center depth again, like they've had most years. If they can get 2C figured out somehow, they'll be as good as any team up the middle.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Really like the way Olofsson has played in his role.

Smart reliable two way player, plays within his role, will hound pucks the way Bednar wants, and limit mistakes while generating momentum, but also has a bit of underrated skill as we've seen recently.

I think he migth have surpassed Bellemare as the Avs best 4C in recent history. Probably only Yelle is ahead of him IMO.

Avs might have their best 3C too with Colton. Outside of 2C, the Avs have had great center depth again, like they've had most years. If they can get 2C figured out somehow, they'll be as good as any team up the middle.
I always like helm better then belly

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
He’s fine. Ideally if we want to compete for a cup we’d have a guy there who does similar things but can also provide the occasional clutch offensive player but that’s just me being a spoiled fan. This guy does nothing wrong out there which is what Bednar loves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad