Prospect Info: Frederik Andersen signs 2 year extension. One way 1,15 AAV

justheducks

Feb 10, 2009
OC, California
www.myspace.com
This is the updated deal. I forgot to add Holland, he was part of the original deal but I think the 2nd should be changed to a first.

Hiller
+
Holland
+
2014 1st rounder

For

Yakupov
+
(cap filler) like Petry

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Petry isn't a "cap filler" he's actually a pretty decent defenseman. You have him in there like he's some throw in.

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
Lol. That deal is so ridiculous! As Sojourn said Petry is not a throw in or cap filler. Lol

He's probably the Oilers best defenseman which isn't saying a whole lot but he's certainly no throw in. Lol

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
well it seems like a bunch of Hf board Oil fans would disagree. They throw him in nearly ever trade proposal.

From what I've seen, there are even more Oiler fans who think it's ridiculous to trade him. The vocal minority shouldn't speak for the entire fanbase. Petry might be their best defenseman. That's obviously a problem, because while he's a solid defenseman he should never be your best defenseman. But the bottom line is you're throwing him in there like he has no value, and he does.

If Anaheim acquired Petry, we'd probably see him playing with Fowler on the 1st pairing. He's an immediate upgrade over Lovejoy.

NHLFreak

Aug 5, 2010
Being from the cold north I dont get to see the Ducks play much. Saying that got myself some first row sports and saw the Sens game. Loved Freddie's calm and cool good position game.

How'd he do today overall.

And I get the feeling he inspires more confidence then Hiller or Fasth.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Being from the cold north I dont get to see the Ducks play much. Saying that got myself some first row sports and saw the Sens game. Loved Freddie's calm and cool good position game.

How'd he do today overall.

And I get the feeling he inspires more confidence then Hiller or Fasth.

Think he was really good especially in the third.....but im hopelessly biased.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I thought he was solid tonight, with some real nice patches. Nothing spectacular, but definitely good.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
You mean as opposed to all the talking they've done about Sbisa?

Yeah, they've really gotten quiet on that front as well. There was seemingly daily updates on Penner's condition, and nothing about anyone else, other that they're on the road trip.

EDIT-Actually saw Stephens and Wood say on twitter a couple days ago that Sbisa still really isn't close to returning, so maybe that's why there isn't much in the way of updates. 5 days ago they said Fasth was a "couple days away" and ever since the Ottawa game there hasn't been a peep.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Who's still in the market for a goalie? You'd have to think that the price for any of them to Edmonton would be extortionate, because there's no way they want to make the Oilers a legitimate threat with the division as ridiculously tight as it is.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
This is the updated deal. I forgot to add Holland, he was part of the original deal but I think the 2nd should be changed to a first.

Hiller
+
Holland
+
2014 1st rounder

For

Yakupov
+
(cap filler) like Petry
Still terrible

Who's still in the market for a goalie? You'd have to think that the price for any of them to Edmonton would be extortionate, because there's no way they want to make the Oilers a legitimate threat with the division as ridiculously tight as it is.
I'd love to pull Smid out of Edmonton for one of our goalies if they are traded, but probably wishful thinking...

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

I'm pretty certain the Oilers won't be a legitimate threat even with a goalie, and don't really care too much about trading in the division, but I do imagine the Islanders and Penguins both could use Fasth. Carolina possibly, too.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Yeah, they've really gotten quiet on that front as well. There was seemingly daily updates on Penner's condition, and nothing about anyone else, other that they're on the road trip.

EDIT-Actually saw Stephens and Wood say on twitter a couple days ago that Sbisa still really isn't close to returning, so maybe that's why there isn't much in the way of updates. 5 days ago they said Fasth was a "couple days away" and ever since the Ottawa game there hasn't been a peep.

I recall BB telling us in camp Sbisa would be out 2 weeks but the second week was just precautionary. Since then, pretty much nothing. It's beginning to look like last year's Bonino injury all over again. A guy gets hurt and it's like he never played here. Nobody remembers his name. I wonder if Sbisa has to buy a ticket to get into the games? :laugh:

The team has really clammed up on any info related to injuries. I somewhat understand it, but it would be nice if a 2 month injury wasn't called a 2 week one. Or if guys didn't spend weeks being called day to day.

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site
My money's on Fasth being gone once he's off the IR. They've been pretty quiet about his status lately, I wonder if he's getting close but they're working on something for him.

Mine is on Hiller, simpley because of his contract status. The Ducks have a duo for next season signed. Hiller alone will demand much more than both of them. And personally I don't see why Hiller is so much better than one of them. With his vertigo issues I also don't see him being so stable injurywise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad