Prospect Info: Frederik Andersen signs 2 year extension. One way 1,15 AAV

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
It`s only in rumor status but i thought i should make a thread as Capgeek is already on: http://www.capgeek.com/player/2326
If that counts as an official source, mods, please, change headline to ''Confermet with link'' :)

Congrats Freddie!
185453954_slide.jpg

Will be interesting to see how the goalie sitation plays out. Andersen might or might not go back to Norfolk.
If we are in a playoff picture, i could see us holding on Hiller and ship Fasth. Fasth have had too many injury problems while here and even though he have been good, he really haven`t proven he can be a #1 guy. Not consistency(injury)-wise. The skill is there, though.
As we can remember, Fasth was injured at the end of last season/in playoffs too.

Last edited:

AD87

Oct 1, 2010
Ingolstadt, GER
When Andersen stays with the big club next year I think Fasth is the odd man out despite I'd prefer to ship Hiller who makes me sometimes furious with his style of play.

duxfan8

Sep 13, 2011
South Bay
Hiller and Fasth for Miller and a 3rd :P. Good for Freddie though. I'm just surprised we signed him this quickly to a one way deal. It will be interesting to see if Fasth or Hiller get traded now

Yeaoh

Jun 14, 2011
Austria
The contracts are structured like a roadmap, Hiller/Fasth to Fasth/Andersen to Andersen/Gibson.

This. Although I could see it being Fasth/Gibson along the road.

I am curious what will happen with Hiller and when it will happen. If anything now until christmas should be the time for the biggest return possible. By the deadline no team in or out of the playoffs will trade for him.

Hariken

Apr 7, 2013
Have to remember that Anaheim is not really a cap-spending team, and re-signing Hiller will be really expensive (at least $5M I'd say). I really think the management is aiming for a cheap but solid solution in net with Fasth/Andersen.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Yeah, I think too that Hiller is the man on the way out in this case. Don't know if Andersen can become a proven starting goalie, but him and Fasth will make a decent duo while Gibson progresses.

Ducksgo*

Yeah, I think too that Hiller is the man on the way out in this case. Don't know if Andersen can become a proven starting goalie, but him and Fasth will make a decent duo while Gibson progresses.

Get Ducks a first round pick for Hiller. Move 3 firsts for first overall and I'm down for it.

On an another note to decide on however, I Kinda think 3 firsts for first overall is an overpayment though. Our scouting staff has been bad ass with first round picks. I don't need to even list the players who are slowly becoming studs through firsts.

Maybe from other franchises it isn't an overpayment. But having 3 firsts with the Ducks and their past accomplishments previously. It just might be.

It's A debatable topic

parrosfan16

May 13, 2009
Get Ducks a first round pick for Hiller. Move 3 firsts for first overall and I'm down for it.

On an another note to decide on however, I Kinda think 3 firsts for first overall is an overpayment though. Our scouting staff has been bad ass with first round picks. I don't need to even list the players who are slowly becoming studs through firsts.

Maybe from other franchises it isn't an overpayment. But having 3 firsts with the Ducks and their past accomplishments previously. It just might be.

It's A debatable topic

Didn't Calgary offer 3 first to move up to the first round and Colorado said no?

Ducksgo*

Didn't Calgary offer 3 first to move up to the first round and Colorado said no?

Think they did. Which is why even if we offered that and we got turned down. I would still be okay for the 14 draft with the picks we have in hand. If we get another one for Hiller to EDM, others? Great

It's iffy though and debatable on what we should do after this new signing. Have no idea what Murray is thinking with the new signing, picks, prospect pool etc.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Have to remember that Anaheim is not really a cap-spending team, and re-signing Hiller will be really expensive (at least $5M I'd say). I really think the management is aiming for a cheap but solid solution in net with Fasth/Andersen.

Cap or no cap, Anaheim's spent $6 million or around that for goaltending ever since they won the cup, with the exception of the second half of 2010 when JSG was traded. Actually, Toskala still made $4 million, so it would've been only after he was traded a month or two later. Anyway, I don't expect them to cheap out just for the sake of it, they'll go with the better of the two as the starter.

Won't be surprised if we see a similar situation to 2010, where Hiller inks and extension and Fasth is traded the next day. Or perhaps when the two sides are come to an agreement(but it isn't official), Fasth is traded and then they finalize Hiller's extension. Either way, my money's on Hiller staying, unless he wants to hit the open market.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Cap or no cap, Anaheim's spent $6 million or around that for goaltending ever since they won the cup, with the exception of the second half of 2010 when JSG was traded. Actually, Toskala still made $4 million, so it would've been only after he was traded a month or two later. Anyway, I don't expect them to cheap out just for the sake of it, they'll go with the better of the two as the starter.

Won't be surprised if we see a similar situation to 2010, where Hiller inks and extension and Fasth is traded the next day. Or perhaps when the two sides are come to an agreement(but it isn't official), Fasth is traded and then they finalize Hiller's extension. Either way, my money's on Hiller staying, unless he wants to hit the open market.

They didnt have 16 mil tied up in 2 players.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
They had 12M tied up in 2 Dmen with a much lower cap. Same difference.

Thirteen actually (Scotty-6.75, Prongs-6.25). When Pronger and then Scotty left they didn't, but they also spent a decent enough amount.

Needless to say, if they were comfortable with committing $7+ million this year to goaltending, I highly doubt they'll be afraid to $6 million next year and for a couple more. I mean, there can't be a team out there that spends less than $4 million on goaltending, and I doubt they'll drop Hiller because they want to cheap out there.

douglast5

PS3 GMC Comish
Sep 14, 2012
hfboards.hockeysfuture.com
Can we drop the false statement that we are not a cap team.

Samuelis have already stated they are willing to spend more to win, also alot more teams will be cap teams because you cant dilute contracts.

There are teams paying over 80m a year yet under the 65m cap. So this team spending to the cap is 65m salary, which they have probably been close to in actual salaries anyways.

camshaft

Mar 4, 2013
The thing that really impresses me about Freddy, is that he seldom gives up rebounds. The puck just seems to stick to him.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

It's A debatable topic

It's not gonna happen if Ottawa and Anaheim are playoff teams.

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
Goalies only need to be good enough.

There are great goaltending events that have helped carry their teams, but i think you can win with an average goalie.

The disparity in goalie skills these days is much smaller than it used to be.

Reliability is better than stellar ability and good enough to win a cup.

I am not saying that i dont want gibson to show up and rock my world... but i am saying that between fasth, anderson, and hiller, i want the one who can be consistant and not give up bad goals.... he doesnt need to steal games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad