Post-Game Talk: Freddy needs to be better. Leafs lose in OT

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I'm surprised Keefe hasn't went back to Barrie-Muzzin and Rielly-Holl. I always thought Rielly was aggressive when it came to trying to produce offence but Barrie is thinking offence 99% of the game. Idk why Keefe or anyone thought it was a good idea to have our 2 most aggressive dmen to be paired together.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Holl's been rather mediocre for the past three games. Hopefully he calms things down on Tuesday and gets back to the winning recipe.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
What's alarming is that Leafs have allowed the 2nd most goals in the division, only behind Detroit. They have scored the most, though. Why can't we ever have a good defensive team? lol.

Our Leafs are built on offensive skill and so we will see lots of 5-4 and 6-5 games in last goal wins strategy.

Its a high risk / high reward strategy and we will have to see if it works.

Much like you, I'd also prefer more emphasis on defense, and only push the offense when required to do so.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
What's alarming is that Leafs have allowed the 2nd most goals in the division, only behind Detroit. They have scored the most, though. Why can't we ever have a good defensive team? lol.
Some see this as a recipe for success.
True story.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Some see this as a recipe for success.
True story.

Problem is, that includes when Babcock was in charge as well.

Since the coaching change, only Boston and Tampa have let in less, and Tampa is BARELY less (Looking just at GAA).

In total Goals, only Boston has given up less in that span.

Happy to help all.

Reactions: willmma

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Freddy is off past few games. You can't expect him to win every game. But solid team effort on Saturday night. The better team lost. It happens. It is hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad