GDT: Frans returns to Brooklyn; 6 PM EST

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Everything that went down in regulation aside: Gotta admit that those two guys that I ripped on a lot previously made pretty good plays on that last shift.
Good backcheck & great shot by Danny, great set up by Tats.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Zetterberg was amazing tonight. He honestly looked 5 years younger. I feel bad for the guy, knowing he's doing all he can to will the team into the playoffs.

Green, Vanek, Nielsen and Mantha were also great.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Zetterberg was amazing tonight. He honestly looked 5 years younger. I feel bad for the guy, knowing he's doing all he can to will the team into the playoffs.

I think Mantha is really helping Z and it's showing in his game he does look a step better the past few games

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

It really was a grind. Zetterberg got 16 points from my own scoring chance data, and it's his highest I've ever collected for him with my current system.

Scoring attempts:
0 -10min, 4-7 (quality 2-4) Goals 0-1
10-20min, 6-7 (quality 2-3) Goals 1-0
20-30min, 4-6 (quality 2-2) Goals 0-0
30-40min, 5-4 (quality 2-1) Goals 1-0
40-50min, 9-8 (quality 2-3) Goals 0-1
50-60min, 6-3 (quality 4-2) Goals 1-1
Overtime: 2-0 (quality 1-0)

TOTAL Attempts: DET @ NYI 36-35 (Quality chances 15-15) Goals 4-3
Even Strength Attempts: 33-32 (Quality 14-12)
Power-Play Attempts: 0-3 (Quality 0-3) Wings didn't get any PP
Short-handed: 1-0 (Quality 0-0)
Overtime: 2-0 (Quality 1-0)

Player, Goals+Assists, AllAttempts(Quality)+AssistedAttempts(Quality), Screens+OtherOffensivePlay+OtherDefensivePlay = Total

LW Mantha, 0+0, 4(2)+2(0), 3+1+2 = 14
C Zetterberg, 1+1, 4(1)+6(2), 1+0+0 = 16
RW Tatar, 0+2, 2(2)+5(2), 1+1+0 = 15
----------- Very good game from TOP line. Tatar assisted many chances, still can't bury his own. Mantha did a key-takeaway on the situation, where Zetterberg did score. Should have deserved a point from that.

LW Glendening, 0+0, 1(1)+0(0), 2+0+3 = 7
C Nielsen, 0+1, 2(0)+6(2), 0+0+5 = 16
RW Jurco, 0+0, 3(2)+0(0), 0+0+1 = 6
---------- Nielsen was great and had Selke Trophy -level of effort. Lots of defensive plays, more than any of our defencemen. Jurco had chances, but can't bury of them. Story has been same for 3 years now.

LW Vanek, 0+1, 7(3)+3(2), 0+1+0 = 17
C Larkin, 0+0, 0(0)+1(0), 0+0+1 = 2
RW Nyquist, 0+0, 3(1)+4(2), 0+1+1 = 12
--------- Monster-Vanek, most quality plays from our team. Always dangerous. Sudden off-game from Larkin, did he get injured or why was the ice-time so low and Sheahan there for extra 7-8 minutes?

LW Miller, 0+0, 0(0)+0(0), 0+0+0 = 0
C Sheahan, 0+0, 1(0)+2(0), 2+0+1 = 6
RW Ott, 0+0, 1(0)+3(0), 0+0+1 = 1
-------- Miller is totally useless.... Ott did fight and fight = WIN.

LD DeKeyser, 1+0, 3(1)+1(0), 0+0+0 = 6 (Quality chances against -6) = +0
RD Green, 2+0, 4(3)+2(0), 0+0+3 = 14 (Quality chances against -6) = +8
LD Kronwall, 0+0, 0(0)+0(0), 0+0+0 = 0 (Quality chances against -2) = -2
RD Lashoff, 0+0, 0(0)+1(0), 0+0+1 = 2 (Quality chances against -2) = +0
LD Ericsson, 0+1, 0(0)+4(2), 0+0+1 = 8 (Quality chances against -3) = +5
RD Ouellet, 0+0, 2(0)+0(0), 0+0+2 = 4 (Quality chances against -4) = +0

Great efforts from Green and Ericsson. Kronwall proably the weakest link. Didn't suck that bad at own end, but Lashoff did eat out all offence from him.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Zetterberg scoring on a great pass from Ericsson? Dekeyser to win it in OT on a pass from Tatar?

If not for Green's goals I'd think the Wings gameplan was to troll this forum.

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
I went to the game tonight. Here's my thoughts.

Z still doesn't look good. He's slow and much weaker than he used to be. THAT being said he's using his smarts and IQ to get it done. It's blowing my mind how this guy keeps getting it done.

Tatar really, really sucks. Bench his ****ing ass. He misses on a breakaway 2 minutes in to set the tone against possibly the streakiest goalie in NHL history. And he didn't just miss by an inch. I'm done with him. He wasn't rushed by anybody either. The closest defender was at the blue line.

Ericsson was probably our best D-man. I know he's sheltered against weaker opponents but seriously, if we could add another d-man and have him as our "sheltered" guy, he'd be one of the best if not the best 3rd pairing guys out there right now.

Barclays didn't even play the replay of the goal as it was being challenged. My mind was blown. My buddy with me was an Isles fan and he had no idea what was going on. From up top that was as innocent as they come. I'd LOVE to see a replay.

Jurco missed a big fat stinking goal in the third again. Idk what it looked like on TV but my god in person that looked like an open net. GTFO. FINISH THAT.

I still hate DDK. I don't get why he is on the ice for overtime.

Ott still do you. I don't care if he gets beat up. Taking a good run at JT was the **** and vinegar this team needed. We need more **** and vinegar. Ott shouldn't have gotten a penalty on the play. Miller should have. That shoulda been even strength 4 v 4.

LAST but not least. Blashill really pisses me off. Last night his excuse for the third period was "oh simplify things" and "oh we need to just get the puck out more." No, you idiot. THIS IS ON YOU. You love shell hockey. You love a ONE MAN forecheck. You love just flipping it out, to have it dumped back in our zone 5 seconds later. Stop saying the player are "overdoing it." They aren't doing ****. It is 1111110000000% on YOU playing shell hockey.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015

Z still doesn't look good. He's slow and much weaker than he used to be. THAT being said he's using his smarts and IQ to get it done. It's blowing my mind how this guy keeps getting it done.

Tatar really, really sucks. Bench his ****ing ass. He misses on a breakaway 2 minutes in to set the tone against possibly the streakiest goalie in NHL history. And he didn't just miss by an inch. I'm done with him. He wasn't rushed by anybody either. The closest defender was at the blue line.

Ericsson was probably our best D-man. I know he's sheltered against weaker opponents but seriously, if we could add another d-man and have him as our "sheltered" guy, he'd be one of the best if not the best 3rd pairing guys out there right now.

Barclays didn't even play the replay of the goal as it was being challenged. My mind was blown. My buddy with me was an Isles fan and he had no idea what was going on. From up top that was as innocent as they come. I'd LOVE to see a replay.

Jurco missed a big fat stinking goal in the third again. Idk what it looked like on TV but my god in person that looked like an open net. GTFO. FINISH THAT.

Ott still do you. I don't care if he gets beat up. Taking a good run at JT was the **** and vinegar this team needed. We need more **** and vinegar. Ott shouldn't have gotten a penalty on the play. Miller should have. That shoulda been even strength 4 v 4.

LAST but not least. Blashill really pisses me off. Last night his excuse for the third period was "oh simplify things" and "oh we need to just get the puck out more." No, you idiot. THIS IS ON YOU. You love shell hockey. You love a ONE MAN forecheck. You love just flipping it out, to have it dumped back in our zone 5 seconds later. Stop saying the player are "overdoing it." They aren't doing ****. It is 1111110000000% on YOU playing shell hockey.

Was done reading here. :laugh:

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
Was done reading here. :laugh:

Are you actually going to defend him???? He had a breakaway from the blue line in with NO ONE around him and doesn't burry it. This snake bite excuse is over. It's ridiculous.

Tomas Tatar has 10 points and a -6 in 26 games. Tomas Tatar has 3 goals in 26 games.

I have NOT, I repeat I HAVE NOT been one to call for his head or an unnecessary trade at all this year. I have given him a dozen more games of opportunity than most on here. He had 2 assists tonight great. That's within those whopping 10 points.

He sucks this year. This is going to play out 2 ways. We either get him at 2.5M a year for 2 years (Fine, he could redeem himself). Or we get jack **** for him in trade value (Not fine). We'll see what happens. Tatar doesn't look like the same player. Who knows what kind of stuff he has going on outside of the hockey rink, who knows. Might have something to do with it. This year he just kind of looks "there" and bobbles or misses 90% of opportunities he gets.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
He plays a very solid 200 foot game, He's really growing on me glad we got him for 6 years.

So good defensively. That's why he's so underrated. He's a 50-60pt 2way center. Did you see how well he played Tavares tonight? That's why most isles fans were saying he was/is the biggest loss from the offseason. Not Okposo. Anyway, he's also a real pro and great teammate. I'm glad he's with a great organization.

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013

You said he completely missed the net, it was saved.

See above. Missing by more than an inch is = completely missing the net since when? Did I say he completely missed the net?? He didn't graze one off of the pipe, he wasn't "robbed" by any means. Tatar took a "this season" rushed Tatar shot to set the tone and get over his horrible slump and didn't finish it. Case closed.

So good defensively. That's why he's so underrated. He's a 50-60pt 2way center. Did you see how well he played Tavares tonight? That's why most isles fans were saying he was/is the biggest loss from the offseason. Not Okposo. Anyway, he's also a real pro and great teammate. I'm glad he's with a great organization.
The jumbotron played a nice tribute to Frans. He pumped his chest/heart and looked like he was about to tear up. Classy move by the Isles and their fans to give him a huge applause. Plenty were standing for it, including myself. Glad to have him.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
How was the ice ? I've heard it's the worst in the league. Plastic pipes to freeze the ice. That's a nono. Was worried we'd get another injury. But nice win regardless.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Are you actually going to defend him???? He had a breakaway from the blue line in with NO ONE around him and doesn't burry it. This snake bite excuse is over. It's ridiculous.

Tomas Tatar has 10 points and a -6 in 26 games. Tomas Tatar has 3 goals in 26 games.

I have NOT, I repeat I HAVE NOT been one to call for his head or an unnecessary trade at all this year. I have given him a dozen more games of opportunity than most on here. He had 2 assists tonight great. That's within those whopping 10 points.

He sucks this year. This is going to play out 2 ways. We either get him at 2.5M a year for 2 years (Fine, he could redeem himself). Or we get jack **** for him in trade value (Not fine). We'll see what happens. Tatar doesn't look like the same player. Who knows what kind of stuff he has going on outside of the hockey rink, who knows. Might have something to do with it. This year he just kind of looks "there" and bobbles or misses 90% of opportunities he gets.

Tatar was great tonight. He had several great set-ups and probably even more solid defensive plays. He was smarter and steadier with the puck than he usually is. I thought it was one of his best games in the past 1.5 seasons. He was much, much calmer with the puck and seemed to have abandoned his "do-it-all-on-my-own" attitude. You can harp on a missed opportunity, but all players have those, and it seems to have given you a badly biased viewing of him as a result.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Zetterberg scoring on a great pass from Ericsson? Dekeyser to win it in OT on a pass from Tatar?

If not for Green's goals I'd think the Wings gameplan was to troll this forum.

This forum has pretty much loved Ericsson this season. He's been phenomenal defensively. But on the offensive side of things, he, like Dekeyser, made a great play when he had tons of time and a clear view. I give props for Dekeyser for taking all the time in the world to get that shot off, but it doesn't get much easier than that. And its a shame Mantha didn't get an assist on that Zetterberg goal because he was Homerian in his distracting tie-up in the crease that allowed Z to get wide open next to the net. There was a clear-as-day lane for Ericsson there.

They still could have ****ed up the obvious play, and I'm thankful they didn't, but it wasn't a Mark Mowers self-assist situation where a scrub made the amazing play.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015

I don't get your argument at all here. You do know that guys don't score on every single breakaway right? He got a good shot off. Our best shootout guys career average are like 35-40% and they're in alone from the red line in. Invalid argument.

Tomas Tatar is my favourite player so maybe I defend him more than anyone else, but this whole waive him, trade him thing is ridiculous to me unless a top three defenseman comes back. He has 10 points in 25 games. Dylan Larkin has 9 points. Tats averages 16:43 TOI per game and Larks 16:15 so don't make some crazy argument there.

Tats has struggled offensively since Blashill has come aboard. Everyone has. Last three seasons prior to this he had 40 in 73, 56 in 81 (29g) and 45 in 82 (21g). I also do not like him with Z. Tatar likes to go East to West for a far snipe while Z likes to feed his wingers one timers, which Tatar is garbage at. Tatar is the best when the puck is on his stick with space against the boards. Z likes to play tight against the boards with primary puck possession and cycle for an opener winger,or a **** angle shot. He is great at finding wingers streaking though from his red line in though Tatar doesn't have the speed to go like Nyquist and Larkin have shown.

It also isn't like he's not getting scoring chances. He's simply snake bitten right now. His career shooting percentage is 12.3%. He's shooting at 5.6% right now.

EDIT: Looked in the wrong spot. Tats is averaging 17:20 per and and Larks 16:35.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Personally I'd run this when AA returns, assuming he's the first one back.

Nyquist-Z-Mantha
Vanek-Nielsen-Larkin
AA-Sheahan-Tatar
Miller/Ott-Glendening-Jurco

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
Anyone else see Z's hat for the post game interviews?

"Danny Cleary's Hockey School"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad