Proposal: Frans Nielsen to NYI

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
What would Detroit want in return? Any interest in Thomas Hickey (2.5m for the next 3 years)

You want him, we could probably be tempted for a conditional 7th pick in 2088!

I could even rent a bmx bike and ride him to the airport!

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Always thought he was more of a winger, and I don’t really feel like he’d fit with Trotz’ system (not sure how he did when he was on WSH).

I honestly think he'd be fine, and is definitely one of the additions NYI should be considering. I think NYI can hide a substandard bottom 6 center if they a add player like Johansen or Dzingel (as opposed to having that substandard center play with Kuhnhackl or Dal Cole).

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I honestly think he'd be fine, and is definitely one of the additions NYI should be considering. I think NYI can hide a substandard bottom 6 center if they a add player like Johansen or Dzingel (as opposed to having that substandard center play with Kuhnhackl or Dal Cole).

Are you saying Johansson would be the 3C, or that he would be a wing on that line replacing Kuhnhackl or Dal Colle?

All I know is that I thought he was dealing with concussion issues on New Jersey.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Are you saying Johansson would be the 3C, or that he would be a wing on that line replacing Kuhnhackl or Dal Colle?

Yes. I'm saying you could live with Komorov at C if someone like Johansson or Dzingel were on the wing. Players like that are versatile and athletic enough to play different roles out on the ice.

All I know is that I thought he was dealing with concussion issues on New Jersey.

I don't really know about his injury situation. I'm just saying that I think his play-style would be fine.

Reactions: seafoam

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Yes. I'm saying you could live with Komorov at C if someone like Johansson or Dzingel were on the wing. Players like that are versatile and athletic enough to play different roles out on the ice.

I don't really know about his injury situation. I'm just saying that I think his play-style would be fine.

Makes sense now.

I agree, Johansson is a better option than
Dal Colle (who I like, but think he still needs to get a little stronger and faster) and Kuhnhackl (who’s a good depth forward but not an everyday guy).

Reactions: dano16

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Makes sense now.

I agree, Johansson is a better option than
Dal Colle (who I like, but think he still needs to get a little stronger and faster) and Kuhnhackl (who’s a good depth forward but not an everyday guy).

NYI should try to get a center, but if it is too expensive (i.e. 1st round pick expensive) they should go after someone that fits this profile. I know Dzingel will be a UFA, and I don't know what's his status with Ottawa. But he'd definitely be among the group I'd target for NYI (ahead of Johansson). Would also like to have first stab at signing Dzingel.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Marcus Johansson is what the Isles could use if available. Yes he's been hurt a lot recently but that's a risk you take. And his value is probably lowered cuz of it. However he's a player that Trotz knows pretty well and he's UFA after this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad