Proposal: Frans Nielsen to NYI

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
What would Detroit want in return? Any interest in Thomas Hickey (2.5m for the next 3 years)
Didn't Nielsen take less money from Detroit then what the Islanders offered? Plus I am one of the few Isles fans who thinks Hickey is underrated and should not be traded. Loved Franz on the Isles but feel the ship has sailed...

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
[QUOTE="PROMputt, post: 154432755, member: 64712]

Plus I am one of the few Isles fans who thinks Hickey is underrated and should not be traded..[/QUOTE]

If there was one wrong thing to say to one specific person / poster it would be exactly what you wrote above regarding Hickey

Happy New Year

Last edited:

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
We have a better Frans Nielsen in Filppula who is way cheaper. I know he’s hurt right now but bringing back Neilsen on that contract just to replace injured Filppula doesn’t make sense

We’re going to need cap space to try and get a #2 Center this summer. Taking on Frans contract would ruin those plans.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
If there was one wrong thing to say to one specific person / poster it would be exactly what you wrote above regarding Hickey

Happy New Year

I don't have a problem with people thinking Hickey is a good defenseman.... I disagree, but your opinion is your opinion. I do have a problem with someone basically saying you're ignorant if you think Hickey is a bad defenseman, then calling into question not only how much you watch the team but how much knowledge you have in general. Do that and I will roast your ass without regret.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I don't have a problem with people thinking Hickey is a good defenseman.... I disagree, but your opinion is your opinion. I do have a problem with someone basically saying you're ignorant if you think Hickey is a bad defenseman, then calling into question not only how much you watch the team but how much knowledge you have in general. Do that and I will roast your ass without regret.

Tune in to the food channel each Wednesday night at 8pm for the new hit show Roast Dat Azz w/ Jester

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Probably not good trading partners right now, at least for the pieces mentioned. Frans has been very good this year, still pacing for 50+ pts, with our Top 4/5 D missing roughly 15-20 gms & counting. He's been our 2c & playing all situations, while producing on a lottery (bottom 4) team. His term is 3 yrs after this one, which isn't great, but Veleno may not be ready by '19-'20 to take over as 2c... thus we keep Frans, until we have a replacement. (AA isn't a C, Glendening is a 3c etc.)

Re: Hickey, don't know enough about him to assess value 1 for 1. On paper, a soon to be 30 yr. old LHD, small (183 lbs.) who doesn't produce much offensively is the antithesis of what we're probably looking for, for a myriad of reasons & the opposite of the league's trend.

Is Hickey rock solid defensively? How is his mobility? First Pass? Transition game? PP/PK efficacy?

Thanks for the OP & any replies.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Didn't Nielsen take less money from Detroit then what the Islanders offered? Plus I am one of the few Isles fans who thinks Hickey is underrated and should not be traded. Loved Franz on the Isles but feel the ship has sailed...
Yup no interest in bringing in a 35 years old center with that contract. I don’t agree with you on Hickey. He’s a 6/7 defenseman for me. Coaches and players love Hickey though as he gives it his all every game.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
I was thinking Detroit would shop Frans because he is having a good year. Though I expect Gustav Nyqvist would fit the OP team better.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
The Isles can’t trade for him when they have Filppula doing exactly what he does for quite a bit cheaper and with the same number. Let’s revamp this with someone they can use that doesn’t have an eternity left on the contract at an inflated rate.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad