Waived: Frank Corrado, Linden Vey, Alex Biega (UPDATE: Corrado claimed by TOR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orca Whalers

May 24, 2013
Cracknell over Vey...

In no way am I defending Vey but there's no way Cracknell should be on the opening night roster. Have not been impressed with him but I guess that goal he got somehow got him a spot on the roster. I know Vey isn't physical but he is simply a better player than Cracknell. This reeks of a Benning decision instead of a Willie move because no way he gives up on Vey.

arsmaster*

Biega looked better than a bunch of other guys, but I can see why Sbisa, Weber, and Bartkowski made it.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
Kudos to JB, not afraid to make a tough decision and IMO this is quite clearly the right decision.

This team gave both guys, especially Vey, every opportunity to seize roles on this roster and both couldn't hack it currently.

I think both will clear and Utica will be better for it, and I can see both guys getting NHL games this year if that's the case.

I can't say I am too surprised Benning waived his golden boy Vey. When he traded Bonino (within 1 year) and Clendening (within 6 months)....Bonino being a better, more established asset than Vey, it shows me he will do what's best for the team.

That said, if Vey clears, Utica has themselves an AHL all-star who's going to be a big help.

This is great for Shinkaruk and Gaunce's development since they will be in the top 6.

arsmaster*

Cracknell over Vey...

In no way am I defending Vey but there's no way Cracknell should be on the opening night roster. Have not been impressed with him but I guess that goal he got somehow got him a spot on the roster. I know Vey isn't physical but he is simply a better player than Cracknell. This reeks of a Benning decision instead of a Willie move because no way he gives up on Vey.

Cracknell is exactly what you want out of a 4th line player. Vey isn't good enough for the top 6 and sucks in the bottom 6.

AHL first line here he comes.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Maybe we won't have to hear people complain about Vey as much so that will be nice.

Doubt anyone is claimed, there will be better players put on waivers today.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
I guess we'll have a fourth line of Prust-Cracknell-Dorsett ? That's a whole lot of meat and potatoes. I'ma call it the corned beef hash line.

BECAUSE A HASH IS WHAT THEY'LL MAKE OF ANY SCORING CHANCE

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
A reason to watch the first 9 games.

As sad as it sounds, it's the truth. This team is boring and uninteresting with our current vets (outside of the 1st line and 1st d-pairing). I will be a lot more interested in watching games with some youth in the lineup.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Cracknell over Vey...

Cracknell has been better than Vey and is a better fit as the 4th line center. I agree he's not very good and shouldn't be the longterm answer.. but he's the best fit as of today.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Good for them. Still some funny evaluations of players but this shows they aren't as completely disconnected from reality as is sometimes portrayed around here. They qualified Subban, didn't draft Carlo @ 23, and seem to have had the good sense to recognize and reward the strong play of the kids even though they clearly didn't want to make this call on Vey.

Nice to see the sky in Benning's world is sometimes the same colour as in ours. Not always but sometimes at least.

Danrik

It is what it is.
Oct 17, 2006
Super Surrey, BC
Losing Corrado will suck if it happens but I'm OK with the decision. He hasn't earned it. More than that I'm so happy to see this organization finally follow through on the promise of injecting youth into the lineup after hearing the false promises the last two seasons.

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
Jim Benning has finally made a move that has, for the time being, shut me up. This is the first move (no draft) he's made that has made me think we're REALLY moving in the right direction.

I'm guessing Virtanen, McCann and Hutton all make the team now?

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Line-up for opening night?

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen
Burrows-McCann-Hansen
Prust-Sutter-Dorsett

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
Cracknell has been better than Vey and is a better fit as the 4th line center. I agree he's not very good and shouldn't be the longterm answer.. but he's the best fit as of today.

And Cracknell fits the prototypical 4th line role better than Vey, or even McCann at this point.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
And Cracknell fits the prototypical 4th line role better than Vey, or even McCann at this point.

Yeah, who are we kidding. Should have seen this coming. Prust-Cracknell-Dorsett is like Jim Benning's dream line. Character and grit!

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
I guess we'll have a fourth line of Prust-Cracknell-Dorsett ? That's a whole lot of meat and potatoes. I'ma call it the corned beef hash line.

BECAUSE A HASH IS WHAT THEY'LL MAKE OF ANY SCORING CHANCE

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen

Burrows-McCann-Hansen

Higgins-Sutter-Dorsett

would be a helluva fun lineup to watch if the kids manage to stay up past nine games, and when Higgins comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany