Waived: Frank Corrado, Linden Vey, Alex Biega (UPDATE: Corrado claimed by TOR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Definitely not happy about losing Corrado when we could have put Higgins on LTIR. Yes, he hasn't been great lately, but he's 22 and looked great a couple of years ago. And most importantly, we lack good defensive prospects (and defensive depth).

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Meh. I suspect the canucks will be able to reclaim him in less than a months time. If not then good for Corrado for finding his game. One thing seems certain...he didn't have his game in camp.

Leafs put Panik on waivers and our good friend Jordan Schroeder has been placed on waivers.

Corrado...I'll be honest I'm not sure what they could do. Yes I'm defending Benning...I'm shocked as well. Sure they could have fit him on the roster but does putting him in the press box help the player? This seems to me a move of giving the player a chance somewhere else because he just wasn't in the teams plans. And honestly, I'm not sure he should be based on his play the last couple seasons.

Now it'd be nice if we saw that Sbisa, Prust and Dorsett weren't in the teams plans but alas that isn't to be.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Lindenning, the saga continues

Lol@the D depth, Forsling for Clendening for nothing

RealGudbranson

Jun 19, 2008
I hope this thread does not get flooded by "but they could have put Higgins on LTIR". Someone would have to be waived when Higgins returned, unless the Canucks planned to permanently have someone on LTIR. This is the best time to place players on waivers as the market is flooded with depth. Frankie would have even been more likely to be claimed a month from now, when injuries have started to really hit teams.

The real question, and disappointment is managements other options: waiving Bart or sbisa, or shuttling Hutton down to the ahl. Both options appear to be better asset management, if you believe that corridor has higher long term upside than sbisbart.

I'll miss Frankie, and hope he turns his play around in Toronto. I'm not thrilled with management, and whatever precipitates change (for the better) is welcome.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
Not surprised he was claimed, but not a huge loss for Vancouver.

Next year, Tryamkim is going to be knocking on the door. Either 1 more year in AHL and then into the NHL. At the draft, Tryamkim had a timeline to make the team in 2 years. The 6"7 defender is already 21 years old.

And then we have Subban who has a lot more offensive punch than Corrado. A true PP quarter-back.

I don't see a scenario Corrado makes this team next year.

Dissonance

Feb 27, 2002
Cabbage Patch
Visit site
Well, that's too bad. Still, it was the right call to waive him. There was no way we could reward a player for having an atrocious camp, and he was never going to find his game again as a 7th defensemen here.

Unfortunate loss, but the odds of Corrado succeeding as an NHL defensemen are significantly lower than they were two years ago.

As a side note, this makes it twice as painful that we gave away Forsling for nothing. He'd be our second- or third-best defensive prospect right now, after Hutton and maybe Subban.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
This is turning into yet another Benning thread, the discussion has run its course.

Discussion can be taken to the applicable player threads, Utica thread or the managerial thread.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad