Confirmed with Link: Francois Allaire named goalie coach with Avalanche

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Yes I saw it, it does sound like he want to put a "Team's Allaire "

Plus with 4 goalies prospect Avs needs it.

Did you hear anything new since that interview about a month ago ?
I know i haven't, but i was away for a few days , last week , without any internet access .

SlyAvs

smokin Joe
Mar 21, 2011
Did you hear anything new since that interview about a month ago ?
I know i haven't, but i was away for a few days , last week , without any internet access .

No I haven't heard anything since then except his fellow Filiatrault joining the LE Monsters, I meant 5 goalies prospect adding Spencer Martin.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Top-30 starting goaltenders by Yahoo.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl--rankings--the-top-30-starting-goalies-in-the-nhl-154114642.html

26. Semyon Varlamov, Colorado
The Avs struggled and ended up in the West basement, dragging down Varlamov with them. Or was he part of the problem? Like several goalies on the bottom half of this list, the talent is there but it’s all about consistency.

Personally I think It makes huge difference who you play for. Look at the goaltenders top of the NHL, all those teams have great team-defense as well. I think Varlamov has top-10 potential NHL. We just need someone to play ****ing defense and he would be there. Varlamov has to be one of the most athletic goaltenders in league. I believe Allaire will get the best out of him and he will become top-10 in this league, no doubt in my mind, as long as we can upgrade our defense, because good defense certainly makes goaltenders numbers look better..

Yes, I have huge expectations for Varly and I also believe in him. We haven't seen best of him yet.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Top-30 starting goaltenders by Yahoo.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl--rankings--the-top-30-starting-goalies-in-the-nhl-154114642.html

Personally I think It makes huge difference who you play for. Look at the goaltenders top of the NHL, all those teams have great team-defense as well. I think Varlamov has top-10 potential NHL. We just need someone to play ****ing defense and he would be there. Varlamov has to be one of the most athletic goaltenders in league. I believe Allaire will get the best out of him and he will become top-10 in this league, no doubt in my mind, as long as we can upgrade our defense, because good defense certainly makes goaltenders numbers look better..

Yes, I have huge expectations for Varly and I also believe in him. We haven't seen best of him yet.

It's a joke of an article just for filler. It's purely standings based, that's why those guys are at the top, and guys like Holtby, Reimer, Pavelec, Dubnyk, and Nabokov are ahead of Varly. There's no thought put into it, just words.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
It's a joke of an article just for filler. It's purely standings based, that's why those guys are at the top, and guys like Holtby, Reimer, Pavelec, Dubnyk, and Nabokov are ahead of Varly. There's no thought put into it, just words.

Jamie Mclennan had Bobrovsky as worse goalie in the west last season...Varlamov was 29 haha. I hope Varly looks at these things and gets otivated. I sure as hell would.

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
I know its only 3 games... this guy is hard to beat right now and very confident, tops league in gaa, sp,and wins. How much credit can be given to allaire or is this just a team pulling together overall and playing a good system under a new coach? Sorry for bumping this thread, didnt notice yhe other vary thread.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Thank you Francois Allaire

Indeed.

Great hiring from the beginning. Helped turn Varly into one of the best goalies in the league and his style hasn't changed much either. Only thing I was worried about was him not working full time but it seems like he's around more than enough.

I wonder when Toronto media and fans will apologize to him. :sarcasm:

UnkleKraker

May 31, 2007
Washington State
if Allaire is so good why does Berra suck so much?

How much in game affect do you think it would have if Allaire were to ask Berra to hold his glove higher or change his angles slightly? Varly had all offseason but Berra happened during the season. I imagine practicing and scrimmaging helps tune changes for game day but until you are in the fire?

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
Berra looked better even with a litter more Allaire time from the first game to the one against San Jose. I am not talking about the goals he let in. I mean his movement and positioning showed flashes of being very good. Hopefully, with more tutelage, he can find some consistency and confidence to play well when we rest Varly. He is certainly a project and I think Allaire will do wonders with him over the off-season.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
if Allaire is so good why does Berra suck so much?

When The Avs played against Habs , last time , Roy was on RDS and he talked about Allaire . First time Allaire Saw Valy in action, in Switzerland, he gave Roy a Phone call after a long first day of practice with Varly . He told Roy that Varly was more or less above average , the potential is there , but there's ALOT of work to do with him.

No one will argue that Valy is part of the elite this year , thanks to Alllaire . Berra will be ok , give them some time to work on his flaws and i'm sure he will be a solid backup for us , next season and for years to come .

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
When he was with the Leafs, our goaltending was no where near the league average. Part of it may be due to him trying to employ his style onto the goalie instead of coaching for the goalie's strengths. Another part would have to be his insistence on not communicating with the PK staff when devising the penalty killing scheme.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Or it might be that Rotten Ronnie and Burkie interfered with his work thinking they know more that Francois, which is what he said.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Hard to believe Allaire began coaching as the Montreal Canadians first ever goalie coach at age 25!

It's hard to believe that the Toronto Maple Leafs have so many people in management and coaching that think they're better goalie coaches than him. Huge shocker that they still can't get their **** together as a franchise and missed the playoffs again.

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
Allaire what a scrub. He could not even get the goalies who play behind the greatest set of players ever assembled aka the Leafs to succeed. :sarcasm:

With that out of the way time to actually talk about something useful. Allaire has done a ton for Varly's positioning and rebounds. That is the major difference between this year and last year. Varly has always had the explosive quickness to be a top goaltender but lacked the composure to do so. It is also amazing to think that just now he is starting blossom and at an young age for a goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad