Confirmed with Link: Francois Allaire named goalie coach with Avalanche

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Per Renaud Lavoie on twitter

Renaud Lavoie (@RenLavoieRDS) à Tweeté à 1:07 PM on mar., juin 04, 2013 :
François Allaire is the new goalie coach with the Avalanche. Verbal agreement was reach today with Patrick Roy. #RDS
(https://twitter.com/RenLavoieRDS/status/341964347087663105)

------------------------------​

[Mod Edit]

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=424721

Patrick Roy will be bringing back a very familiar face when he returns to Denver next season as head coach of the Colorado Avalanche.

According to Renaud Lavoie of RDS, the team is set to hire Francois Allaire as goaltending coach. Allaire previously worked for three seasons with the Toronto Maple Leafs as their goaltending consultant.

Prior to joining the Maple Leafs, Allaire spent 12 seasons with the Anaheim Ducks and 12 seasons with the Montreal Canadiens as goaltending consultant.

Allaire has worked extensively with goaltenders for over 20 years, helping develop players like Roy and Jean-Sebastien Giguere....

http://www.rds.ca/vidéos/françois-allaire-le-gourou-1.628182

translation from me :

Patrick Lalime, talked briefly about Allaire , Said that Allaire is a teacher of the game , that as a goalie all you had to do is listening to his advices and that worked on the ice . He was more like a "Gourou" than a coach, that he had always spmething new to add something to change things , a new POV that no other coach had . Challenging a goalie, making him realize new things , taking the goalie out of his confort zone in a way that a he will look and be better with that new POV. Allaire his someone that changed Hockey

http://www.rds.ca/vidéos/françois-allaire-dans-l-antichambre-1.628036

Allaire talked about his role as a Coach 1:18-2:11

One of the first thing is that i do when i'm with new goalies , we have to teach them how to work . How we work in practice how we work the morning of a game , how we get ready . It's really really important , because if you dont work in practice and during the season comes playoffs time when everybody are tired you must learn how to work to get over the obstacles, stay strong and focus even if you're tired .

2:45-3:00
About his last season in Toronto , he didnt get along with the coaching staff for the first time in his career , that's why it didnt work with the Leafs .

at the end he said that he wants to be with a team where he will have fun working .

http://www.rds.ca/vidéos/giguère-retrouve-allaire-1.628232

Giguère's comments
I'm very Happy , it's a good thing for me personnaly, it's been 2 years since i worked with François , finishing my career with him is nice .

Why is he a good goalie coach ? : He's a pioneer with the goalies he invented a lot of things always a step b4 everyone else . he's a guy that will make you work extremely hard and if you're ready to work with him , no doubts that you will get better .

Varly is still extremely Young, what aspect of his game could Allaire improve ?: with Francois he will improve his technic a lot , varly has a lot of talent but he need to improve his technic, it will help him when he goes through tough games

Last edited by a moderator:

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Francois!

I hope he has a chat with Varly and "gotten along fine" before they made the final call.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Hope they find out if he's full time or not. Patrick basically said they wanted a full time guy in interviews before, but it was rumored Allaire would only want to be part time if he returned.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Welcome!

May our organization help you achieve a fourth Stanley Cup.

giggy.jpg

1297313089845_ORIGINAL.jpg

allaire.jpg

allaire-francois090611.jpg

hiller_allaire.jpg

francoisallaire2.jpeg

Appleanche

Jan 15, 2013
Asheville, NC
I can't imagine Roy would allow a part time goalie coach, with him being a goalie himself and probably knowing the importance of the position.

Good move, glad to see.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Hopefully full time, but should be a good move. Varly needs the type of refinement that Allaire can bring.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I got a bit worried when Canadiens fired their goalie coach once Avs interest in Allaire got known.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
I am loving Roy, I was skeptical at first but he is slowly making me have hope in this franchise. Sakic and Roy would become gods/legends if they can take us to a Stanley Cup.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Me too. Army out and another Patrick guy in, then I'm ecstatic.

It might happen...we still haven't had an update on that Martin Laperriere guy...if anyone has some additional information, please share it.

Also if someone finds out if Allaire is full-time or part-time, please let us know.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Awesome.

I was also a bit worried about the Habs once they fired their goalie coach. Glad it's done.

Allaire signed a three year contract with us.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Awesome.

I was also a bit worried about the Habs once they fired their goalie coach. Glad it's done.

Allaire signed a three year contract with us.

Please don't take offense to this question....

But do you have a link for the info on the contract?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad