Frédérik Gauthier

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Possibly.

Nonis/Poulin said today that Holland and Frattin can fill 4th line roles, so we are still without a 3C.

Komarov - Gauthier - Clarkson
Ashton - Holland - Frattin

They plan on playing the 4th line 12-13 minutes (Nonis stressed this today) so it's not burying the young kids

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I'd say most likely plays in the AHL this year, maybe a call up or two.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
First thing i said to myself when i saw this thread, "poor kid"

I don't think he will, mainly because there isn't room and there is no need. He will be better off getting a ton of minutes in the AHL (can he play in the AHL next year?) rather then playing on the 4th line.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
He's only 19. Has to play junior, or with the Leafs.

He'll play a huge role in Rimouski as a leader, and have the opportunity to develop his offense this year. This year with the Oceanic is what he needs.

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga
Possibly.

Nonis/Poulin said today that Holland and Frattin can fill 4th line roles, so we are still without a 3C.

Komarov - Gauthier - Clarkson
Ashton - Holland - Frattin

They plan on playing the 4th line 12-13 minutes (Nonis stressed this today) so it's not burying the young kids

Holland is going to be our 3rd line centre... We're in the market for a 4th line centre

Auston Matthews

Maple Leafs.
Dec 6, 2010
Mississauga
Here are the lines I have penciled if we went in with the forward group we have TODAY.

Kessel-Bozak-JVR
Nylander-Kadri-Lupul
Clarkson-Gauthier-Frattin
Komarov-Holland-Orr/Mclaren/Broll/Devane

I think Gauthier will play this season, and so will William

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
ahh. Well he didn't dominate in the OHL so I really don't see him beating out Holland for 3rd line center. Kid won't be in the NHL for another 2yrs.

He didn't play in the OHL so it would have been difficult for him to have dominated the league.

jmart21

MISC!!!
Nov 16, 2009
All Over The Place
He's only 19. Has to play junior, or with the Leafs.

He'll play a huge role in Rimouski as a leader, and have the opportunity to develop his offense this year. This year with the Oceanic is what he needs.

Agreed.

I don't see how playing small minutes with a Leaf team that is seemingly in shambles both on and off the ice is in any way a better place for this kid to develop than leading his Q league team in a big season.

Keep him in the Q. It'll only help.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Holland is going to be our 3rd line centre... We're in the market for a 4th line centre

Gauthier could be good for us, in a 4th line C role. His size and defensive skills certainly make him an intriguing option.

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson
Komarov - Holland - Frattin
Ashton - Gauthier - Devane/Broll

This is not a bad looking group of forwards at all, IMO. Personally, I'd like to see Lupul replaced by a big, two-way player, but that's just me.

The 3rd and 4th lines look good.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Gauthier is in a tough spot. He plays the kind of game really fit for a grizzled veteran with years of experience to excel at, and he's landing in a market looking for instant gratification. In reality, a player of Gauthier's description probably doesn't pay off until he's got a decade under his belt and is battle hardened. The chances of him stepping in at 20 and doing a job people will be happy with might be a little slim.

jmart21

MISC!!!
Nov 16, 2009
All Over The Place
Not from what what Poulin and Nonis said today. They seem to have Holland penciled in as our 4C

Makes sense they would say this.
You can't hand him a 3C job. He's gotta "earn" any substantial roster spot.

Start him off at 4C and he'll more than likely quickly move up the roster. I'd imagine this is what management is hoping for.

This would also lineup with what ChuckWoods was throwing around that they want Fiddler but see him as more of a 4C and not wanting to give him 3C money.

I think they envision Holland as the 3C this year, but want someone (like Fiddler) that can start the year as 3C, slide back to 4C as a "permanent" spot when Holland finds his groove; and move back to 3C if Holland is having an off night.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Are those accent aigue or accent grave in his name?

I figure he would be best off with another year of junior. Really work on his 2 way game. Come ready to challenge for a spot next season.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Are those accent aigue or accent grave in his name?

I figure he would be best off with another year of junior. Really work on his 2 way game. Come ready to challenge for a spot next season.

Accent aigu.

We'll see about Gauthier though. Not impossible to be honest but he'll have to play some of his best hockey. I can't see the Leafs expecting him to make it just yet.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
Gauthier could be good for us, in a 4th line C role. His size and defensive skills certainly make him an intriguing option.

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson
Komarov - Holland - Frattin
Ashton - Gauthier - Devane/Broll

This is not a bad looking group of forwards at all, IMO. Personally, I'd like to see Lupul replaced by a big, two-way player, but that's just me.

The 3rd and 4th lines look good.

no playoffs again this year:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad