Proposal: Fowler to the Leafs

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Is kappenan going to play defense. Why do you downgrade greatly on d for another forward. We have Thomas kyrou kostin all developing. With bokk performing and developing as well. Dermot is lhd. You are not taking blues team needs into consideration. So no.
Think the problem a lot of people have here is that they just don’t look at the other teams actual needs/wants.

Especially when it comes to RHD. They’re like unicorns now. I’m sure some teams would love to trade one, they’d make a killing on another part of their roster.

Then they’d be in the exact same spot as the team they traded with. Searching the woods for a right handed human that can skate backwards.

Reactions: 666

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
WOW OVERPAYMENT

That package was put together by somebody who has not been watching Kappy or Dermie lol and the 1st to boot :huh::help:

Not that I think we are trading superstars, but Kappy projects to 50-60 point winger (for now) and Travis is getting better everyday. Brown to me is the throw in, but those picks as well? picks are gold to cap teams, as is controlled young players.

Hard pass, and I like Fowler a lot

member 157595

Think the problem a lot of people have here is that they just don’t look at the other teams actual needs/wants.

Especially when it comes to RHD. They’re like unicorns now. I’m sure some teams would love to trade one, they’d make a killing on another part of their roster.

Then they’d be in the exact same spot as the team they traded with. Searching the woods for a right handed human that can skate backwards.

I agree with this. There's no realistic price the Bruins would agree to for Charlie McAvoy, for example; the combination of age, talent level and position rarity is simply too hard to replicate. The moment they moved him they'd need another one.

I'd certainly never expect a guy near that level in exchange for Nylander.

Reactions: easton117

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I agree with this. There's no realistic price the Bruins would agree to for Charlie McAvoy, for example; the combination of age, talent level and position rarity is simply too hard to replicate. The moment they moved him they'd need another one.

I think you never move a McAvoy, the Bruins are smarter than that, I like that kid a lot.

jboknows

Feb 9, 2010
:leafs

Fowler, Cam ($6,500,000)

:ducks2

Brown, Connor ($2,100,000)
Dermott, Travis ($863,333)
Kapanen, Kasperi ($863,333)
2019 1st round pick (TOR)
2019 2nd round pick (TOR)

Why would the Leafs trade 2 good, cost-controlled assets (one who is going to be a staple in our top-4 d and another who has shown he is capable of easily playing in a top-6 role) and multiple draft picks to get a defenceman that they probably can't afford next season? I mean I like Fowler, but this is a terrible trade from the Leafs' perspective.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017

Probably doesn’t help that teams are all looking for the same thing. Either RHD or right wingers.

Throw in the cap and it must be irritating as all hell for gms trying to make their teams better. Especially knowing they have a surplus in another part of their roster.

To all you parents out there. Buy your kid a right handed stick. There’s tons of job opportunities! If he can turn left and right? My god he’s with a fortune!

member 157595

Probably doesn’t help that teams are all looking for the same thing. Either RHD or right wingers.

Throw in the cap and it must be irritating as all hell for gms trying to make their teams better. Especially knowing they have a surplus in another part of their roster.

It's interesting for our two teams because they're almost polar opposites. We're loaded at RW and absolutely godawful at RHD, while Boston lacks depth on the wing but has some really nice defensive building blocks.

Both fanbases would be furious if we helped the other. :laugh:

To all you parents out there. Buy your kid a right handed stick. There’s tons of job opportunities! If he can turn left and right? My god he’s with a fortune!

I swear to god my wife and I need to make one of them RHD's someday so we can get our student loans paid off. DADDY NEEDS A NEW BEACH HOUSE ON NANTUCKET!

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Fowler is at worst a number 2 Dman league wide and would definitely be the Leafs number two. Typically dmen of that level go for pretty high prices, not a collection of smaller assets.

I would think given dmens value that Nylander would be coming back the other way. And that still doesn’t solve the Leafs RD issues.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
It's interesting for our two teams because they're almost polar opposites. We're loaded at RW and absolutely godawful at RHD, while Boston lacks depth on the wing but has some really nice defensive building blocks.

Both fanbases would be furious if we helped the other. :laugh:

I swear to god my wife and I need to make one of them RHD's someday so we can get our student loans paid off. DADDY NEEDS A NEW BEACH HOUSE ON NANTUCKET!
Lol I never understood the whole not trading within your division thing. Like why is it you’re more worried about 4 games a year rather than the other 78. It ridiculous.

Sure you might meet in the playoffs but if the trade made your team better shouldn’t that be the whole point?

Don’t worry about the loans. I’m 40 now and still donating. Pretty sure it’s on the lifetime payment option. I’ve had it longer than anything else in my life now. We’re besties at this point.

I still think you should be able to sell your degree. It’s mine. Why can’t I sell it if I’m not using it

Reactions: OmniCube

Mr Quacksworth

Apr 8, 2018
Anaheim
-Fowler
-Silfverberg
-A moderate add to account for the Nylander/Fowler age difference. (2nd/decent prospect?)

For

-Nylander
-Gardiner

Both key pieces have long contracts and are with replacement level UFAs. Maybe the Leafs get an extra, late conditional pick if the Ducks flip Gardiner.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Yeah not happening, Cam Fowler has a 4 team trade list. Pretty sure Toronto isn't on it. He chose to stay in Anaheim for a reason? He's dating a girl from Southern California and is making his home there.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
lol Never thought I'd see the day non-Leafs fans actually agree that we're overpaying on a trade proposal

That is a steep price for a D we don't need on the left side

Love Cam's game, but just.. no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad