Proposal: Fowler to the Leafs

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Why can't you guys just stop. Yes super bad trades have happened. Like Larson for hall. So by your logic parayko should get you Mathews right. I'm sorry but I don't follow your logic and neither do good gms

Disclaimer- this is not an attempt to say parayko equals in value to Mathews. I am using Mathews and parayko as an example of a trade previously executed in the opposite way described by the poster. Once again I am not proposing that. So leaf fans please don't have a heart attack and blow up this thread deflecting from my main point. Thanks
I’m a leafs a fan. And I’m not upset that you said parayko for Matthews. I know, shocker right? You know why that is cause it’s a fan forum. And well cause I’m an adult. People spend more time dumping on fans then actually just talking about the trade or just not entering the proposal.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I’m a leafs a fan. And I’m not upset that you said parayko for Matthews. I know, shocker right? You know why that is cause it’s a fan forum. And well cause I’m an adult. People spend more time dumping on fans then actually just talking about the trade or just not entering the proposal.

Fair enough. I made my point and I respect youtmr opinion. Hopefully you guys find a good rhd. Just know that it is going to cost something more than what's being offered to get the top pairing caliber you want.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
I think the point he is making is that teams don't line up to sell top pairing dmen to the leafs just cause. It's more likely they hang onto thier studs.
Well there have been rumblings that St. Louis is looking to make changes. People can complain all they want but the original proposal is a pretty good trade. Potential top 6 forward, top 4 defenceman, serviceable bottom 6 players plus a 1st and a 2nd.

I asked you before. Outside of Toronto what do you think would be a good deal for St. Louis? So maybe there’s some comparables.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Fair enough. I made my point and I respect youtmr opinion. Hopefully you guys find a good rhd. Just know that it is going to cost something more than what's being offered to get the top pairing caliber you want.

That packaged offered would pull one out of Minnesota. Brodin would be ideal. Shoots left but prefers his off side. Would compliment Reilly.

The 1st + 2nd + Kapanen likely gets it done

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
But that’s your opinion on if they can get better then that or want better then that. Maybe St. Louis Really likes Dermott and Kapanen. It all depends on what teams are looking for. But who am I to argue. I would offer up Nylander, lillijren and a 1st for a re-signed Pietrangelo.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Well there have been rumblings that St. Louis is looking to make changes. People can complain all they want but the original proposal is a pretty good trade. Potential top 6 forward, top 4 defenceman, serviceable bottom 6 players plus a 1st and a 2nd.

I asked you before. Outside of Toronto what do you think would be a good deal for St. Louis? So maybe there’s some comparables.
Drais is the only 1 for 1 I would do with parayko. Petro is a different story. Being elite regardless of time on contract brings in a better haul. But in both situations blues need defenceman. Trading either one isn't the issue

Alsdo the speculation was started by Friedman. Their is no need to trade off your best players and rebuild. The blues are capable of beating the best teams in the league. I think the coaching, Allen's play and lack of a consistent 60 min game are the main issues. Allen has been far better, Berube is shoring up the defense. If they can become consistent then they will start wining more

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
2/3 of the players aren't even available and the 3rd, connor brown, isn't available this year. Maybe next year.

Also lol at the offer.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
But that’s your opinion on if they can get better then that or want better then that. Maybe St. Louis Really likes Dermott and Kapanen. It all depends on what teams are looking for. But who am I to argue. I would offer up Nylander, lillijren and a 1st for a re-signed Pietrangelo.
Is kappenan going to play defense. Why do you downgrade greatly on d for another forward. We have Thomas kyrou kostin all developing. With bokk performing and developing as well. Dermot is lhd. You are not taking blues team needs into consideration. So no.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Is kappenan going to play defense. Why do you downgrade greatly on d for another forward. We have Thomas kyrou kostin all developing. With bokk performing and developing as well. Dermot is lhd. You are not taking blues team needs into consideration. So no.
I’m not doing anything. I didn’t propose the trade. But I understand your point. If they aren’t interested because he is a LHD that’s understandable. They may be very high on Dermott though. After all the trades we have seen in past years not a lot of them seem like they make sense.

NHL WAR

Sep 29, 2018
Given the age of Toronto's core, their cap situation going forward and the fact he is really good, Dermott alone is as valuable to the Leafs as Fowler. Throwing in a solid bottom 6 winger, a young top 6 speedster and a 1st+2nd is ridiculous.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis

Dreger just came out and said that their is no connection between Tor and STL in regards to petro or parayko.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Oh goodie, an overpayment for a position that the Leafs are arguably the deepest at.

Does anyone else have any top-6 centers or starting goalies you're looking to rob somebody blind with while we're at it?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

member 157595

Oh goodie, an overpayment for a position that the Leafs are arguably the deepest at.

Does anyone else have any top-6 centers or starting goalies you're looking to rob somebody blind with while we're at it?

I was thinking that we should trade Liljegren for Karl Alzner, because toughness.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad