Proposal: Fowler to the Leafs

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Interesting. Personally i dont see Toronto trading its young guys that are cheap. Maybe move their 1st for a rental but thats about it.
I think Dubas values the 1st rounder too much.
Also, most big, 1st rounder involved, trades don't pay off. It's the minor oneslike Kempny to Washington last year that are the best ones.

The trade proposal doesn't work for a number of reasons but perhaps the biggest one is Travis Dermott is going to be an important piece moving forward. He's top 4 for sure and I think has top pair potential.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
I think Dubas values the 1st rounder too much.
Also, most big, 1st rounder involved, trades don't pay off. It's the minor oneslike Kempny to Washington last year that are the best ones.

The trade proposal doesn't work for a number of reasons but perhaps the biggest one is Travis Dermott is going to be an important piece moving forward. He's top 4 for sure and I think has top pair potential.
Yea, Dubas also comes off as a patient guy lol so id be surprised to see any real significant roster changes this season unless things turn around drastically.

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
Overpayment. Dermott and Kapanen are both legit and Fowler is having a pretty bad start to his brand new $6.5 million 8 year deal.

Reactions: BM14

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Overpayment. Dermott and Kapanen are both legit and Fowler is having a pretty bad start to his brand new $6.5 million 8 year deal.
Seriously guys just wait for liljgren to develop and stop these trades props. Every day it's the same thing. Leaf fans want a top pairing Dman but are unwilling to pay for. Here is how every thread goes.

1) make a bad trade prop that involves a teams best rhd for multiple lesser pieces.

2) when's said teams fan base say no thank you or ask for better quality. The leaf fans bash the player and the team.

This happens repeatedly.

Reactions: Cogburn

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
Seriously guys just wait for liljgren to develop and stop these trades props. Every day it's the same thing. Leaf fans want a top pairing Dman but are unwilling to pay for. Here is how every thread goes.

1) make a bad trade prop that involves a teams best rhd for multiple lesser pieces.

2) when's said teams fan base say no thank you or ask for better quality. The leaf fans bash the player and the team.

This happens repeatedly.

If this was about Montour you would have a point but Fowler isn’t right handed nor is he a top pairing defenseman. This is a bad trade and that’s all there is to it.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto

This happens repeatedly.
Isn’t that usually how trades go though. Quantity for quality. When trading a big name teams look to cut payroll and want prospects and picks. It’s pretty rare that you get 1 for 1. Just out of curiosity what do you think St. Louis could get for either Pietrangelo or Parayoko outside of Toronto. It’s a pretty good package. Kapanen and Dermott or both pretty good young players.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY

This happens repeatedly.

True, but it's not just Leafs fans that do this, most fan bases are thinking with their hearts and not their minds.

There being a lot of Leafs fans on this site makes it look like a higher percentage of them are delusional than they actually are.

Most Leafs fans I talk to are quite astute.

Except at Key Bank Center - lol

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Rory

Jun 14, 2017

This happens repeatedly.
This is about as close to it as you can get. For some odd reason leaf fans feel the NHL owes them. As if other teams should give up their top players for whatever leaf fans want to get rid of. This is a bad deal for the ducks. James Van Riemsdyk ring a bell. I think philly bought into the over inflation of leaf players. If you want a top 4D it will cost you more than you want to pay.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
This is about as close to it as you can get. For some odd reason leaf fans feel the NHL owes them. As if other teams should give up their top players for whatever leaf fans want to get rid of. This is a bad deal for the ducks. James Van Riemsdyk ring a bell. I think philly bought into the over inflation of leaf players. If you want a top 4D it will cost you more than you want to pay.
Cry me a river. OMG Toronto won a trade. I mean shit after giving away young talented players cause of incompetent management it’s nice to win a trade once in a while. Good thing for you hockey fans don’t control what happens in a trade.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
And crazier trades have happened. Not sure why that’s so hard for people to believe.
Why can't you guys just stop. Yes super bad trades have happened. Like Larson for hall. So by your logic parayko should get you Mathews right. I'm sorry but I don't follow your logic and neither do good gms

Disclaimer- this is not an attempt to say parayko equals in value to Mathews. I am using Mathews and parayko as an example of a trade previously executed in the opposite way described by the poster. Once again I am not proposing that. So leaf fans please don't have a heart attack and blow up this thread deflecting from my main point. Thanks

Reactions: go4hockey

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Cry me a river. OMG Toronto won a trade. I mean **** after giving away young talented players cause of incompetent management it’s nice to win a trade once in a while. Good thing for you hockey fans don’t control what happens in a trade.

I think the point he is making is that teams don't line up to sell top pairing dmen to the leafs just cause. It's more likely they hang onto thier studs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad