Fournier: Habs shopping own Top-6 Forward for D

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Where have we gotten with Plekanec and markov in our core?

Much farther than we would have without them (or at least the 1st line/1st pairing player it would have taken to at least directly replace them - which obviously never existed "in-house"), in any year up to and including this past season.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Eller cannot replace Plekanec, at least he hasn't show it. Every time he's been tried versus tougher opponents, he looked bad. So no, I don't think Eller can takeover Plek's tough minutes.

I seriously think we need Plekanec to get injured or traded for some people here to understand just how valuable he is.

As for Markov, no, he's not a #4. He's a #2. Just don't expect him to carry his partner anymore. Emelin has no business playing with him.
When we put Markov and Subban together, they owned the ice. So we split them up (yay! four more years!). These two should play together, and Markov should not be used on the PK.

While we disagree on some things, we're in complete agreement here.

MsChanandlerBong

The Chan-Chan Man
Jul 29, 2011
Ottawa
Where have we gotten with Plekanec and markov in our core? No where so I dont think a change would be that dramatic.

I don't think it's fair to say anything but the cup means no where...because all 29 teams would've gone no where as well. Fact is, our team has over-performed in the past 2 regular seasons, not to mention the fact that we made it within 2 wins of the Stanley Cup finals beating the first placed team (Boston) on the way. Obviously we need a true 1C to win the cup, and we don't have that, but to think that suddenly giving Eller the 2C spot would allow us to "go somewhere" doesn't really make sense.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Not a lot of people were predicting him to be traded
This soon.

Fournier's prediction was hardly enlightening. Not many people were even thinking about Leblanc at this point. The fifth rounder replaces what the Habs gave up for Mike Weaver, who contributed more in these playoffs than Leblanc did in his years with the Habs.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Fournier's prediction was hardly enlightening. Not many people were even thinking about Leblanc at this point. The fifth rounder replaces what the Habs gave up for Mike Weaver, who contributed more in these playoffs than Leblanc did in his years with the Habs.

We don't have a fantastic chance of getting that 5th rounder.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Leblanc should be the go-to example of this team catering to the French media in an obstructive way.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
If Leblanc can't even get 15 games in Anaheim, do we really care to have him or not? I prefer to give his salary and spot to an actual AHL vet.

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
the habs would do just fine without Plekanec if we get a nice piece for him. Plus now its a good time to try Gakchenyuk at center. Plekanec being our best center is the reason we are not a legit contender yet, Plekanec is very average offensively tunnel vision and average shot and hands. The only season he was great was because of Kovalev.

Him Gionta and Markov needs to got so we can get rid of the gainey era once and for all. I would stomach having Markov back but Gionta and Plekanec has been an offensive blackhole duo that played 18 freakin minutes a game.
I don't want to sound like I have an agenda against him but he holds decent value and we badly need a stable number 2 dman.

Markov has looked like a hot mess when he was overworked this season we need to use him as a number 4 5 dman for him to stay effective.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Personally I think we'll get that 5th round pick. 15 games isn't a lot, considering the guy has already played 50 in the NHL.

*Also Bruce Boudreau is the coach in Anaheim last I checked.

GTA

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto
This has been debunked so many times at this point that it's tiring explaining it.

You're smarter than that.

Show me proof that Leblanc was the highest ranked player not taken on their draft board when it was the Hab's turn to draft.

Saying other people had Leblanc in the first round does not 'debunk' the accusation.

Suggesting it is not likely is a different story however.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
the habs would do just fine without Plekanec if we get a nice piece for him. Plus now its a good time to try Gakchenyuk at center. Plekanec being our best center is the reason we are not a legit contender yet, Plekanec is very average offensively tunnel vision and average shot and hands. The only season he was great was because of Kovalev.

Him Gionta and Markov needs to got so we can get rid of the gainey era once and for all. I would stomach having Markov back but Gionta and Plekanec has been an offensive blackhole duo that played 18 freakin minutes a game.
I don't want to sound like I have an agenda against him but he holds decent value and we badly need a stable number 2 dman.

Markov has looked like a hot mess when he was overworked this season we need to use him as a number 4 5 dman for him to stay effective.

Pleks produced more than DD while playing against the other team top center. Problem is DD not Pleks. DD is playing hard but the playoffs rulebook just kill his game.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Show me proof that Leblanc was the highest ranked player not taken on their draft board when it was the Hab's turn to draft.

Saying other people had Leblanc in the first round does not 'debunk' the accusation.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=655438

A little detective work involved, but the Habs in all likelihood had Leblanc in their top ten.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
When Bergevin starts telling Fournier what his plans are, then I will stop watching hockey, not before that, so I'm going to enjoy watching hockey until my dying days, of that I'm absolutely positive. Except maybe telling Ron he plans on the Habs winning the SC!:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Habitant#1

Feb 15, 2006
Brisbane

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=655438

A little detective work involved, but the Habs in all likelihood had Leblanc in their top ten.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4gp7uo&s=3#.U5350V7NblI

9. Louis Leblanc
10. Ryan Ellis
11. Zack Kassian
12. Scott Glennie
13. Jordan Schroeder
14. John Moore
15. Dmitry Kulikov
16. Jacob Josefsson
17. Chris Kreider
18. Nazem Kadri

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Where did I said Eller is better than plekanec? I said Eller is capable of replacing him. Markov at this point is not a number 2 anymore he cannot handle the minutes anymore, he was completly gassed in the playoffs. We need a efficient minute eater which Markov isnt anymore.If markov comes back his minutes needs to be cut drastically.

As for the production you dont talk about opportunities do you? Plekanec having 39 points playing 20 minutes plus pp time every game while Eller was stuck with Lazy Bourque playing 14 15 minutes with no pp time. At equal opportunity you bet your ass Eller would outproduce Plekanec next year.

We need more a number 2 dman than Plekanec right now.

Where have we gotten with Plekanec and markov in our core? No where so I dont think a change would be that dramatic.

you know equal opportunity means playing with the likes of Moen, Prust, Gionta, Briere, Bournival more often than not right ?

no further than with Subban, Patches, Price as our best players... should we trade them too ?

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS

as has been mentioned before, 29 teams don't win the cup each year. It doesn't mean if you haven't won the cup you've done nothing. This is like saying the Leafs have been Equally successful as the Sharks because neither has won a cup.

2 trips to the eastern conference finals, as well as a 1st place finish in the east and some other high finishes. Not saying tweaks can't be made, but to suggest our core has brought us nowhere is not the smartest statement you could make.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4gp7uo&s=3#.U5350V7NblI

9. Louis Leblanc
10. Ryan Ellis
11. Zack Kassian
12. Scott Glennie
13. Jordan Schroeder
14. John Moore
15. Dmitry Kulikov
16. Jacob Josefsson
17. Chris Kreider
18. Nazem Kadri

Oh wow.. Random poster goes "show me proof", not expecting proof to come and boom... proof. :laugh:

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
He does have contacts in the league. Former ref, he got to know a lot of people. He broke a few news, including the Kovalev deal.

Why do I think we'll end up trading with Pittsburgh? Rutherford will be looking at making changes. They may be into a scoring winger or third C for defensive duties.
Retired in 87 those contacts are either dead or retired. I always put a big grain of salt in reports from "insiders"! Especially when it the Habs they are talking about.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00