Fournier: Habs shopping own Top-6 Forward for D

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I know it's just out there as a rumour but if we could really get Yandle in return for Pleks then Bergevin must pull the trigger. That's the type of D this team needs, and I'd still keep Markov around, lower a little his ice time, but that would be a hell of a top 3 with Markov, Yandle and Subban

Plekanec and Gorges for Yandle, rights to Vrbata a pick or Prospects would be nice too :)

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Why wasn't Subban dressed before Bouwmeester and Vlasic?
The argument could be made about a whole lot of players.

As for the other posts above this one; zero chance, absolutely none, that Beaulieu and a 1st is what we have to add on top of Plekanec to get Yandle.

As for Orpik, he certainly is still a better player than Weaver, and still capable of playing 19-20 minutes per game for a playoffs team.

Not based on his play last year. Orpik was in Murray-Hannan territory.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Not based on his play last year. Orpik was in Murray-Hannan territory.

Orpik is a brutal player, I watch a lot of Penguins games and notice how bad he really his. Pens fans all want him gone, constantly turns the puck over and has a really hard time clearing the zone and making that crisp pass. He could hit here and there but a big pass from me. We have that player in Emelin which he has more offensive talent, might as well keep developing him

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I know it's just out there as a rumour but if we could really get Yandle in return for Pleks then Bergevin must pull the trigger. That's the type of D this team needs, and I'd still keep Markov around, lower a little his ice time, but that would be a hell of a top 3 with Markov, Yandle and Subban

Plekanec and Gorges for Yandle, rights to Vrbata a pick or Prospects would be nice too :)

The part everybody seems to be missing is...

A-it probably wouldn't be 1 for 1...so the rest of the package is VERY relevant

B-it would mean Markov walks, so you're losing Markov + Pleks+ package and opening up a hole in the top 6. So you slide Galchenyuk to #3 C and Eller to #2, you still have to replace Galchenyuk in the top 6.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

B-it would mean Markov walks, so you're losing Markov + Pleks+ package and opening up a hole in the top 6. So you slide Galchenyuk to #3 C and Eller to #2, you still have to replace Galchenyuk in the top 6.

It will be easier to replace Plekanec on the open Market then it will be to replace Markov. Therefore if it's really something Bergevin and team want to do, they shouldn't hesitate but that's just my opinion

And the Habs will keep Markov, if they don't then it makes their decision of keeping him at the deadline even worse IMO no matter how far we went

Last edited:

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011

And you get back....

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I know it's just out there as a rumour but if we could really get Yandle in return for Pleks (...)

It's just some guy's imagination running rampant, totally meaningless. As meaningless as Fournier's imaginary trade talks about impact players getting moved (as if we have a lot of them).

I don't mind Pleks being shopped as there is probably no market for DD. Better than trading Eller, which defeats the purpose, since he's young, cheap and is not vertically-challenged, something we can ill-afford to export given our roster composition.

If trading Pleks mean we get to keep Paccioretty, then it's not so bad. With scoring in the NHL decreasing year over year, you'd be hard-pressed to replace his production.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Yandle has been the Coyoes top scorer for the last 2 seasons and the top D scorer for the last 5. He's 26 and he will earn 5.25M/yr for the next 2 years.

No way they trade him. The only upside is he will hit UFA market and they might be afraid of the possible cost.

Strokes

Feb 17, 2009
Could anyone see the habs deal Plec's for Roman Josi. I assume thats the kind of deal Fournier would be talking about.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
nashville is rebuilding, theyre not gonna trade josi for plekanec

They are not rebuilding. You don't fire your coach from inception and sign a former cup winning coach to rebuild. It wouldn't shock me to see them aggressively upgrade their top 6 this summer. Maybe even overpay a guy like Vanek/Gaborik.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
They are not rebuilding. You don't fire your coach from inception and sign a former cup winning coach to rebuild. It wouldn't shock me to see them aggressively upgrade their top 6 this summer. Maybe even overpay a guy like Vanek/Gaborik.

i wish them the best of luck if theyre not rebuilding because they currently have the worst odds to win the cup next season, according to las vegas

Boston Bruins 8:1
Chicago Blackhawks 8:1
Los Angeles Kings 12:1
Pittsburgh Penguins 12:1
St. Louis Blues 12:1
San Jose Sharks 14:1
Anaheim Ducks 14:1
Minnesota Wild 15:1
Colorado Avalanche 16:1
Montreal Canadiens 18:1
New York Rangers 18:1
Detroit Red Wings 18:1
Tampa Bay Lightning 23:1
Columbus Blue Jackets 33:1
Dallas Stars 33:1
Philadelphia Flyers 33:1
Vancouver Canucks 55:1
Edmonton Oilers 55:1
Ottawa Senators 55:1
Arizona Coyotes 55:1
Washington Capitals 55:1
Winnipeg Jets 55:1
Toronto Maple Leafs 55:1
New York Islanders 65:1
Florida Panthers 65:1
New Jersey Devils 65:1
Carolina Hurricanes 65:1
Calgary Flames 100:1
Nashville Predators 100:1
Buffalo Sabres 100:1

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Close this thread, the deal's been done. Sucks that Bergevin ended up with a 5th round pick instead of immediate help at D though. :sarcasm:

Analyzer*

Close this thread, the deal's been done. Sucks that Bergevin ended up with a 5th round pick instead of immediate help at D though. :sarcasm:

We traded a 5th for Weaver. Immediate d help if we make a similar deal.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
I hate to break it to you guys but center depth is the las thing the yotes need. Ribs, vermette, hanzal as the top 3 centers make pleks kinda useless... Also after yandle, OEL and Michalek, there isn't much D there... Gormley hasn't taken that step yet

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
i wish them the best of luck if theyre not rebuilding because they currently have the worst odds to win the cup next season, according to las vegas

Boston Bruins 8:1
Chicago Blackhawks 8:1
Los Angeles Kings 12:1
Pittsburgh Penguins 12:1
St. Louis Blues 12:1
San Jose Sharks 14:1
Anaheim Ducks 14:1
Minnesota Wild 15:1
Colorado Avalanche 16:1
Montreal Canadiens 18:1
New York Rangers 18:1
Detroit Red Wings 18:1
Tampa Bay Lightning 23:1
Columbus Blue Jackets 33:1
Dallas Stars 33:1
Philadelphia Flyers 33:1
Vancouver Canucks 55:1
Edmonton Oilers 55:1
Ottawa Senators 55:1
Arizona Coyotes 55:1
Washington Capitals 55:1
Winnipeg Jets 55:1
Toronto Maple Leafs 55:1
New York Islanders 65:1
Florida Panthers 65:1
New Jersey Devils 65:1
Carolina Hurricanes 65:1
Calgary Flames 100:1
Nashville Predators 100:1
Buffalo Sabres 100:1

What were the Habs odds of even making the playoffs two years ago?

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I'd love to get Yandle. Not sure he's really worth Plek though.

Plekanec is a player 29 other GMs would take on their teams in a heartbeat. The type of player that every team needs and the type of player you keep once you have him.

Yandle is also a player 29 other teams would take. I'd gladly trade Pleks for Yandle.

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
Man Plekanec is just God on this board. Eller at this point does a better job than Plekanec on the offensive zone and is slowly catching up defensively too. We can let go Plekanec without hurting too much the team if we can get a number 2 that we sorely lack.

Yandle for Plekanec would make the habs just deadly on the backend.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Man Plekanec is just God on this board. Eller at this point does a better job than Plekanec on the offensive zone and is slowly catching up defensively too. We can let go Plekanec without hurting too much the team if we can get a number 2 that we sorely lack.

Some are smatrt enough to understand that while Plekanec is no od, if he were to leave we'd have ONE guy capable of playing a two way game in our top 6, ONE... and it's Eller, who have yet to reach the 40 pts mark in a season.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

If Eller takes on Plekanec's defensive duties, then who takes on Eller's?

Desharnais?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad