Fournier: Habs shopping own Top-6 Forward for D

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Per Ron Fournier on 98,5FM just now, the Habs are shopping one of their impact forwards for a good defensemen. He didn't say who, but he said the guy had reached the end of the road with Montreal.

I say Plekanec. But the way he talked about, the guy was a goal scorer. Maybe Pacioretty?

He said it would be done before the draft.

He also said that many teams were inquiring about Ryan White, that the Habs were through with Leblanc and that Gionta wouldn't be the captain next year.

Last edited:

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...Unfortunately Plekanec probably makes the most sense...sad to see him go, but if he can land a Top 4 defensively sound RD (to replace Emelin or Gorges, one of those two should be traded as well, preferably fro RW help), I'm good with it...

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Eller, same as last trade deadline.

Eller is also re-negotiating a contract and he was clearly an impact forward in the playoffs.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Bourque? Can't see him fetching us much.
Patches? Just scored 40 goals and has a really good contract. Doubt it lol.
Davey? More of a play maker than a goal scorer.
Pleks? Not really a goal scorer anymore, but IMO it's who I'd move.
Eller? Not a goal scorer.
Gallagher? Too young/hard working to consider moving.
Galchenyuk? Obviously not.
Briere? He wouldn't fetch much.
Gio? UFA wouldn't fetch much, plus talks of re signing
Vanek? UFA so yeah no

I... really have no idea who it could be. Pleks or Patches are my guesses, most likely Plekanec

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Well I can pretend that Fournier is on to something-
It won't be a 39 goal scorer.
Pleks has a no trade clause I believe.

I think the Habs need to acquire a top 6 player to replace Vanek, not trade one away....

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
If Gionta is here next year and Plekanec isn't, I will have lost a lot of faith in this team - no matter what the return in either case.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
DD or Pleks are the only forwards I'd trade that would have much if any value.

No way it's Pacioretty. We'd be royally screwed without him. And like someone said that contract is too good.

And no way it's the Gallies. Gallagher is almost untouchable as Galchenyuk imo. Same with Eller. We'd have to be really confident that DLR can do what Eller can and the D coming back would have to be really stellar.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
MB is a good trader, i wouldn't worry about getting fleeced a la Gauthier or anything
im confident that whatever he ends up doing will be beneficial to the team

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
DD or Pleks are the only forwards I'd trade that would have much if any value.

No way it's Pacioretty. We'd be royally screwed without him. And like someone said that contract is too good.

And no way it's the Gallies. Gallagher is almost untouchable as Galchenyuk imo. Same with Eller. We'd have to be really confident that DLR can do what Eller can and the D coming back would have to be really stellar.

Pleks can do what Eller was doing in the regular season, no need to rush another center. They can just move Galch to center on an offensive minded line.

I predict a Eller for Volchenkov-ish trade, which would be hilariously sad

It wouldn't make any sense. If they're going after a D with a good forward it won't be for a contract dump. Unless you consider Bourque an impact forward, eh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad