Speculation: Forwards in 2019 Free Agency

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Hawks need to target 3rd line types, that are defensively responsible, and hard to play against. They have the offensive weapons at forward. They DESPERATELY need guys to shore up the team defense.

They are really a top 4 defenseman and 2-3 solid two-way forwards away from making major progress.

Which players fit the prototype? I’d think Ferland does, but several other posters think he’s a bad idea.

Also, would you keep Saad on the third line, or bump him up to play with Toews/Kane?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Which players fit the prototype? I’d think Ferland does, but several other posters think he’s a bad idea.

Also, would you keep Saad on the third line, or bump him up to play with Toews/Kane?
I am not saying Ferland is a bad idea, just players like him that cash in around these years typically start to slow down..he is a bigger guy, the game for these types of guys start to catch up to them and I would hate to be on the hook for him for 5 years which I am sure he will get. 2-3 year I would fine with it as he would help this team out, but I think there are some cheaper adds that can do just as much if not more for us like Tanev.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad