Speculation: Forwards in 2019 Free Agency

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Nashville does not have the cash as Josi will need a bigger deal. They also have two top 6 centers. Turris and RJ.
Neither of them are proper 1Cs but either way there are other teams with a bigger need for Duchene than us.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I would like to sign Tanev. Other than that, I’d offer Brassard a 1 year deal, try to play him with Kane a lot and trade him at the deadline for a good prospect.

Offer Panarin 9M AAV, take it or leave it.

after that Stone extension yesterday, that pricetag for Panarin is a pipe dream now

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
after that Stone extension yesterday, that pricetag for Panarin is a pipe dream now

Agreed. I’d like Panarin but not for the 11-12M he could likely get on the open market. It’ll be interesting to see where he ends up. The Hawks will do the right thing for their future IMO.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Agreed. I’d like Panarin but not for the 11-12M he could likely get on the open market. It’ll be interesting to see where he ends up. The Hawks will do the right thing for their future IMO.

If it's 11-12m he won't end up here. If it's under 10m, there's a good chance it's here, IMO.

I'd prefer to not sign him, honestly. I'd definitely rather sign Duchene over Bread, if possible. Versatility of a winger and a C. And is better defensively.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
If it's 11-12m he won't end up here. If it's under 10m, there's a good chance it's here, IMO.

I'd prefer to not sign him, honestly. I'd definitely rather sign Duchene over Bread, if possible. Versatility of a winger and a C. And is better defensively.

One would think Jarmo will pay a very high price to make sure he keeps one of the two. This trade deadline took a lot of the fun out of free agency.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
$9mn × 8 = $72mn. He'll be 35 when the contract is done. This is the one dude I'll give a NMC because we already traded him once (minus his last year). Kane & Panarin would make a good pairing for the next 8 years. They could end their careers together.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
$9mn × 8 = $72mn. He'll be 35 when the contract is done. This is the one dude I'll give a NMC because we already traded him once (minus his last year). Kane & Panarin would make a good pairing for the next 8 years. They could end their careers together.

We’d just have to be the high bidder for his UFA rights to sign him for 8 years but it’s worth a shot.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
7 years max i believe. 8 years only if hes your own free agent.
Even better. $10mn x 7 = $70mn. The last year of Panarin's contract is at age 34. I'd give him a full NMC for the discount.

Panarin also can say he made $500K per more than Stone. That's always good for the ego.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
high bidder (in trade). I don’t know what they’d want for his rights though.

Who is being discussed here? Panarin?

Why would the Hawks trade for him? He's going to be a UFA... Why would the Hawks give up assets for whatever "UFA rights" are? And WTF are "UFA rights" ??

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
If we could get Hagalin for anything under 3M on a 2 year deal I would do it.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Who is being discussed here? Panarin?

Why would the Hawks trade for him? He's going to be a UFA... Why would the Hawks give up assets for whatever "UFA rights" are? And WTF are "UFA rights" ??
You can trade players like the week before Free agency starts and negotiate with them then. I know the hawks have traded away some players to do that with other teams. I think it was Kopecky or someone else. Other teams I've seen do it. But its rare.

I dont think Panarin would want to do that because he seems to want to really do the true ufa market view after being traded after signing last time especially.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You can trade players like the week before Free agency starts and negotiate with them then. I know the hawks have traded away some players to do that with other teams. I think it was Kopecky or someone else. Other teams I've seen do it. But its rare.

I dont think Panarin would want to do that because he seems to want to really do the true ufa market view after being traded after signing last time especially.

Yeah, it would make no sense to trade assets just for a week of negotiating with Panarin. It seems like something silly and useless to me. Why would any team ever do it? For the extra year? Makes no sense to me, even for that.

JLarucci23

May 22, 2015
Chicago, IL
I think Panarin is a pipe dream at this point. Id be okay with Stan signing Dzingel and/or Eberle and have a scoring third line with those two and Saad?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: