News Article: Forsberg to team Sweden

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Lots to be excited about for us. Saros was crazy impressive. Reminded my (style only, not talent) of Jaroslav Halak. Never had to make the crazy acrobatic save becuase he never was out of position. Firm and calm. Exact opposite of Pekka, really.

Saros has the skill but the knock on him is something that cannot be coached ... size. He needs that solid positioning for success while Rinne, Lindback, Maz all have (had) that reach and width in the butterfly that a smaller guy just doesn't have. A lot of talent but it will be interesting to see how he develops and if his stature causes issues in higher level competition.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Guys take the level down. If we all agreed this would be a pretty dam dull place.

Everybody has a different point of view, different knowledge of hockey and watches a different players. Everyone has a different whipping boy from one season to the next, or one game to the next.

Kumbaya and quit taking things so personal. Mind your manners!!!

sighthndlady

Sep 29, 2006
Forsberg was on a tear in Milwaukee before headlining in Sweden. I hope he continues that success with the Admirals through the 2nd half of the season. With that additional experience under his belt, he should be ready for Nashville come fall.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Perhaps Trotz wanted to give him the Erat treatment to spur him on to becoming an NHL player?

(Remember: ME was sent down to Milwaukee a couple of times, even after being the middle vowel on the Vowel Line.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad