News Article: Forsberg to team Sweden

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Did he play against men or boys?

Forsberg has a lot of talent but has yet been unable to translate that talent to the NHL level. If this tournament reminds him of the talent he possesses and gives him some confidence, great ... but it is not like he's playing against NHL caliber rosters right now. There are lessons that he needs to apply for the great U18 star to develop into one at the NHL level.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Fine that he's there. With a 2% chance of making of the playoffs, just need to do what's best for his development. He also needs to be the man in Milwaukee for a while to adjust to NA game.

Praying that we can draft a true top 3 player, but not holding out hope with Poile's history.

Nah...we will either win the lottery and pick Ekblad or we will pick somewhere in the top 10 and Ekblad will fall to us and Poile will run to the podium to make the pick for another RH D-man...

sighthndlady

Sep 29, 2006
Nah...we will either win the lottery and pick Ekblad or we will pick somewhere in the top 10 and Ekblad will fall to us and Poile will run to the podium to make the pick for another RH D-man...

No, he'll pick another defensively responsible forward with third line potential. 2014 is an even year.

Pentothal

Listen with one ear
Dec 30, 2008
It's not even close
A real captains performance.

He is so good at this level right now it's a sight to behold. Hits, skates hard, wicked shot. He looks really involved as captain of the team and carries himself impressively in nationally televised interviews.

Would be very surprised if he didn't become a productive NHL player in the long run.

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
I'm sorry, but how didn't Forsberg succees in Nashville?

He looks amazing in WJC at least.

barry-trotz.2.jpg

Matte99

May 23, 2010
Stockholm
I wasn't a fan of him last WJC but even I am starting to give in to the hype. He will become a very good NHL forward, loads of speed, nice vision, compete, strength and a good (almost great) shot.

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
I'm sorry, but how didn't Forsberg succees in Nashville?
To start, competition is about 10x more difficult. Defensemen especially are a different beast in the NHL.

The list of WJC scorers that didn't cut in the NHL is miles long.

But we have few offensive hopefuls, so we are putting all our marbles that Forseberg lives up to the name on the back of his jersey.

We are also looking for reasons to hate Trotz, so if 19 year old rookie doesn't come in make an immediate impact on the scoring line, it's probably Trotz's fault.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Wow this kid can' t win with you guys. Currently leading the tournament with 12 points in 4 games. More than a certain J. Drouin, a person many of you clamored for at the draft. He's playing against teenagers so it doesn't hold any water? I suppose if he was sitting there with 1 or 2 points this board would be screaming 'bust' from the top of Bridgestone.

And he also seems to be tearing it up in the AHL as well....but they are 'easy' points he's scoring. I feel sorry for this teenager having some of you rag on him no matter what he does. :shakehead

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
Wow this kid can' t win with you guys. Currently leading the tournament with 12 points in 4 games. More than a certain J. Drouin, a person many of you clamored for at the draft. He's playing against teenagers so it doesn't hold any water? I suppose if he was sitting there with 1 or 2 points this board would be screaming 'bust' from the top of Bridgestone.

And he also seems to be tearing it up in the AHL as well....but they are 'easy' points he's scoring. I feel sorry for this teenager having some of you rag on him no matter what he does. :shakehead

It's terrible isn't it. When he scored here people were criticizing how many of his points were PP points

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site

No one is ragging on him. Just setting expectations appropriately at the NHL level.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
It's terrible isn't it. When he scored here people were criticizing how many of his points were PP points

Very simply, credit is earned and his NHL level play hasn't earned it. When it does, he'll get credit for his performance. What has he actually DONE at the NHL level to deserve praise?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad