News Article: Forsberg to team Sweden

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

cleangene63

Jan 25, 2006
Beautiful Bellevue
Some sarcasm in the title, but check out these highlights from the last Admirals game where Forsberg had two goals, and genuinely looks like he is having a lot of fun. 2 goals in the game and almost a third with a beautiful steal in behind the net. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xO4adv137E&feature=share&list=UUTGNpU_w14gA9nBEtRRoePg

Holy cow, that's so unique to watch a team convert scoring chances on breakaways, and not be chasing the puck on the other end when their on a power play. Are you sure these players are in the Preds system?? Some "4th line grinder time" will cure FF of that when he gets here, by golly.!!

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Best player on the ice by far. Looked like he was on another level compared to everyone else

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
Fine that he's there. With a 2% chance of making of the playoffs, just need to do what's best for his development. He also needs to be the man in Milwaukee for a while to adjust to NA game.

Praying that we can draft a true top 3 player, but not holding out hope with Poile's history.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Last edited:

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Hopefully playing against 18 year old kids helps with his confidence but Forsberg's performances at the NHL level are disappointing so far. His only NHL goal is on a 5on3 PP. He isn't getting anything done at even strength. Defensively he has few responsibilities yet is directly related to far too many goals against. He probably needs time with the Ads to adjust to playing against men on North American sized ice based on his play so far with the big club.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
But…was he detailed?? Did he go to the hard areas?! :laugh:

He was very dominant, did corner battles and won almost everyone, hits and even a few counterhits which was pretty awesome to see.

Hopefully playing against 18 year old kids helps with his confidence but Forsberg's performances at the NHL level are disappointing so far. His only NHL goal is on a 5on3 PP. He isn't getting anything done at even strength. Defensively he has few responsibilities yet is directly related to far too many goals against. He probably needs time with the Ads to adjust to playing against men on North American sized ice based on his play so far with the big club.

I dont think many expected him to play in the NHL at all this year, he's rought but extremely talented. Nashville should do him a favor and not rush him, playing him in the AHL all season long would have been the way to go. I dont understand why anyone would actually play a 19 old year rookie in the NHL coming from big ice.. most cant handle that. And it's not really like he's the reason Nashville sucks this year either.. 8-3-1 with him in the lineup and 8-15-3 without him.

But I would deal Erat back to you guys for Forsberg if you think he's the missing piece . np! ;)

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
I'll take FF and all of his growing pains and lack of "details" when he gets back over watching Legwand pick up his game checks with a ski mask on.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
He was very dominant, did corner battles and won almost everyone, hits and even a few counterhits which was pretty awesome to see.

I dont think many expected him to play in the NHL at all this year, he's rought but extremely talented. Nashville should do him a favor and not rush him, playing him in the AHL all season long would have been the way to go. I dont understand why anyone would actually play a 19 old year rookie in the NHL coming from big ice.. most cant handle that. And it's not really like he's the reason Nashville sucks this year either.. 8-3-1 with him in the lineup and 8-15-3 without him.

But I would deal Erat back to you guys for Forsberg if you think he's the missing piece . np! ;)

It isn't like Forsberg was the reason the Preds one those eight games he played in either especially the specifics of his play. The kid has a ton of talent but needs to learn how to apply it against NHL caliber opposition. Beating up on 18 year old kids in IIHF tournaments isn't the same thing.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
I'm hoping after the tournament he spends the rest of the season in Milwaukee for development. Let him learn there so he's ready to contribute next season or the one after. This season focus of drafting another talented forward that will be ready to help the team in a year or two when Forsberg is ready to come up.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I'm hoping after the tournament he spends the rest of the season in Milwaukee for development. Let him learn there so he's ready to contribute next season or the one after. This season focus of drafting another talented forward that will be ready to help the team in a year or two when Forsberg is ready to come up.

Me too! The Admirals can easily make the playoffs. They are the #5 seed at the moment.

utkpred

Mar 12, 2012
Just watched all the highlights for Sweden, Forsberg looks so damn impressive on the ice. His handling ability matches most on our current squad. He is currently tied for the tournament lead in points with 7 - 1 G and 6 A.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad