OT: Former Pred Talk

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think trigg has it right in that the highest amount in one lump was $14M, but I think you're right in that there was a year period (e.g.July to July) early on where he ended up getting paid something like $24M due to the structure of the contract/bonuses/payments. I remember a lot of other team fans making proposals for him because they thought the Preds couldn't afford to pay out that kind of money.in that short a timeframe.
Yeah I looked it up but I feel like capfriendly isn't showing the full story. I remember there being a large discussion about if they could even afford to do it and I know that number was north of 20 million, just don't know how I could prove it. Pretty sure I was strictly on the Preds boards back then.

Ok found it in an old CBS article ( having issues linking it on my phone) but it was actually 27 million in total. The initial signing bonus, his salary and then the next signing bonus all within a years time.

Last edited:

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Yeah I looked it up but I feel like capfriendly isn't showing the full story. I remember there being a large discussion about if they could even afford to do it and I know that number was north of 20 million, just don't know how I could prove it. Pretty sure I was strictly on the Preds boards back then.

Ok found it in an old CBS article ( having issues linking it on my phone) but it was actually 27 million in total. The initial signing bonus, his salary and then the next signing bonus all within a years time.
Yeah, it would have been something like the contract signing and first $13M bonus was paid in August, $1M salary over the course of the season, then second $13M bouns paid July 1st. Meaning $27M in 11 months but still only $14M per season.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
RyJo is actually behind his point pace from last season. I know his usage has changed some but dang that is abysmal.

Meanwhile, granlund is on a 62 point pace. Only 9 of his 29 points on the powerplay too. He is having a good season. Some team is probably gonna pay assets to get him and be underwhelmed....

Jeannot is still broken

Duchene on a 75 point pace....

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Anyone with Duchene remorse just needs to ask themselves if they would trade ROR for Duchene because if Duchene stays there probably isn't an ROR signing
If it is a duchene v ror thing for certain, ror all day every day b/c 1C sissons 2C McCarron is nightmare fuel. If we couldof had both, than both.

Still knowing we got 5.5 mil next season and 6.5 mil the following season of dead cap for him to go out there and put up 70 point seasons is painful

Reactions: PredsV82

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
If it is a duchene v ror thing for certain, ror all day every day b/c 1C sissons 2C McCarron is nightmare fuel. If we couldof had both, than both.

Still knowing we got 5.5 mil next season and 6.5 mil the following season of dead cap for him to go out there and put up 70 point seasons is painful

I don't think we'd have both, from what I remember they had some beef when they played for the Avs.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
No Save Dave Rittich poke checks to undefended Anthony Richard who fires it into the top corner. Former Pred double whammy.

Really thought Fiala gave that game away in OT. Good on Clarke to come out of the box and win it with his first NHL goal.

Last edited:

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Not trying to add to the debate but I'm watching the Stars/Oilers game till ours starts and Duchene is at 1g 2a after 2 periods. He's over a ppg now

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Poor Devin Cooley. His chances of staying in the NHL are fading fast. He blew a 4-0 lead to Chicago and lost in OT..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad