Player Discussion Former Habs & Picks watch: Gone but not forgotten (No Current NHLers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Was it because of eternal Subban vs Weber comparison? Hope people are past the anger stage of grieving. Seems like most have moved to the depression stage. ;)

Feel free to name more players. Like I said, the list is not meant to be exhaustive.

BTW. Markov 1g 2a in 6 KHL games.

Desharnais with 29 penalty minutes in 6 games? Who did he try to goon?
More likely ice is too big for his average skating.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Galchenyuk making Coyotes debut at C against Vegas. Don't know if Pacioretty will be dressed on the other side.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
31454.jpg

He was one of my favs.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Not being broadcasted on TV. Pacioretty with 1a, Galchenyuk -1.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Pacioretty mentioned a couple of interesting things today. He said Saku Koivu was a big influence, as well as Kovalev.

The second thing he mentioned is that he's never had a right handed center in Montreal.

PS he just scored on the PP

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Fucale is the backup, maybe he will get to play today as well. Vegas up 4-1 in the 1st so far.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
With preseason games starting, time to keep an eye on former Habs. May well be more exciting than watching Habs current edition.

A few notable playing elsewhere:

Galchenyuk
Pacioretty
Radulov
Eller
Subban
Sergachev
McDonagh

KHL:
Markov, Desharnais, Emelin & Kostitsyn bros

Good luck to everyone, don't hurt us too much.

[edit]List is not meant to be exhaustive.

Well I liked Eller, but I understood that the Habs moved on from him. Markov was amazing back in his prime but now he was getting pretty old and slow and fragile. McDonagh was lost so long ago by Gainey, but obviously that one hurt at the time. The rest I don't miss, and prefer the players we have now to those we traded away. Why would anyone miss Galchenyuk, Emelin, Desharnais and the Kostitsyn brothers?

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
I don't see how, we already have too many wingers, what good would it have done to add him into the mix?
I don't know maybe give him a proper chance to play on a skilled line. Only time will tell, but I feel Montreal didn't use him in a good way for him to develop properly.

I'm not saying Carr will be a 60 points score but I feel we missed something with this kid.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Used to do this in the Houle days. Best players from the team he inherited and drafted players v the team on the ice. Just to see what the team would look like if Houle hadnt made a single trade.

Needless to say, the no trade team was better, especially on D.

It's like a Habs tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad