Former Ducks, 2019-20

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
God I hope not. If we don’t get Grant back or someone suitable, I don’t see why Rowney wouldn’t be the 4C.

Probably think they buy out Backes? Bob just wanted the 1st, unless he thought he was the answer for the 4c spot next season... God help us.

ReptilianQuack

Jan 17, 2019
Vancouver
I think we could buy Backes out. But, 1 more year isnt that harsh as we are years away.

Grant could/might command 2-3m on the open Market give how he scores and hustles. I wont debate with anyone if hes worth it. I wont debate that he wasnt the perfect 4th line guy for our team. But I can tell you that Bob probably has a different plan for another (soon to be cheaper) kid for that line.
If we offered him 2M a yr for 2yrs would you want that? Or a kid there?

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I hope Bob gave it a fair go in negotiations (if he did at all), but I’ll be fascinated to see what he gets on the open market. Really hope Grant can cash in.

Grant to Backes is just an enormous downgrade in watchability though.

Grant's made less than $4 million over his entire career, it really made little sense to sign early. I think he's gonna triple his money on his next deal.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Probably think they buy out Backes? Bob just wanted the 1st, unless he thought he was the answer for the 4c spot next season... God help us.
From what I can tell, if Backes is going to be effective at all, it’s not going to be at C. Sounds like Bob wants to keep him around for veteranship. That’s fine as long as he’s basically just an extra forward who comes in once in a while, as opposed to a regular.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Ritchie just obliterated a Panther in a fight. I don't get why he didn't do it more often here.
Bob said he had put the word out that Ritchie needed a change of scenery. Sounds like Nick may have decided he wasn’t too motivated to risk his health fighting for this team anymore. Didn’t I read he hadn’t fought as a Duck in 2 years when he was traded?

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Always getting those extra punches in lol, Ritchie is scary when he's angry.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
don't like when people hit a guy while he's down. ritchie won the fight already. those last 2 shots at the end while he was down was kinda gross.

wonder why he was so pissed

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
f*** Theodore is good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad