Former Canucks Thread (Dan Hamhuis retires)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Nice to see Kassian put the beat down on Tkatchuk

Agreed, but hot damn is Tkachuk one hell of a player. Those were clean hits fair and square. I’ll admit that I would have chosen Pierre Luc Dubois over MT back on 2016 draft day, but yeah.....MT is the goods. Quite honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he was chosen 2nd overall in a redraft (even ahead of Laine).

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Agreed, but hot damn is Tkachuk one hell of a player. Those were clean hits fair and square. I’ll admit that I would have chosen Pierre Luc Dubois over MT back on 2016 draft day, but yeah.....MT is the goods. Quite honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he was chosen 2nd overall in a redraft (even ahead of Laine).

I don't see how that's even a debate. Laine might get drafted outside the top 10.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Yeah Tkachuk was really effected by it. Oh nevermind, he was out there the next shift for the PP and screened the goalie for the game winning goal.

I’m sorry. Shouldn’t the correct spelling here be ‘affected’ and not ‘effected?’ I just want to clarify this with anyone seeing this post before all of us agree to move forward here.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I’m sorry. Shouldn’t the correct spelling here be ‘affected’ and not ‘effected?’ I just want to clarify this with anyone seeing this post before all of us agree to move forward here.

Who cares?
If you’re going to play grammar nazi, you might want to make sure your posts are air tight. I’ve bolded and underlined a word you missed in order for your sentence to make sense.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Who cares?
If you’re going to play grammar nazi, you might want to make sure your posts are air tight. I’ve bolded and underlined a word you missed in order for your sentence to make sense.

LOL. I mean I was just kidding around (and I actually edited my post before you hit the submit button), but whatever.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
Why do Eastern Europeans tend to be so overtly racist towards colored folk? Wasn’t a banana tossed at Wayne Simmonds a few years back?

Austria isnt eastern Europe.

Also austria has a strong right wing in politics for years with most of European countries trending similar with parties on the far right wing gaining more and more power. As for the actual reason, I don't know, many politicians would love to know as well. Maybe similar reasons why Trump still has such a big support in the US

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Austria isnt eastern Europe.

Also austria has a strong right wing in politics for years with most of European countries trending similar with parties on the far right wing gaining more and more power. As for the actual reason, I don't know, many politicians would love to know as well. Maybe similar reasons why Trump still has such a big support in the US

oh ok I see. Thanks for the info. I had Austria pegged as Eastern Europe for some reason. I haven’t visited there, but many parents have and said that Vienna is so beautiful. It’s a shame that they treated Jordan Subban like that.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
McCann skating with the first unit PP for the Penguins, scores a PPG.

Out of Benning's many actions as GM, I feel that trading McCann will consistently haunt his record for years. McCann may crack 50 points this year as a 23/24 year old. That's ideal for a rebuild. And if he's consistent year to year...?

Hate the trade and lament what McCann is doing right now.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Out of Benning's many actions as GM, I feel that trading McCann will consistently haunt his record for years. McCann may crack 50 points this year as a 23/24 year old. That's ideal for a rebuild. And if he's consistent year to year...?

Hate the trade and lament what McCann is doing right now.

The trade summarizes literally everything wrong with the Jim Benning administration. And to think, we threw in a 33rd OV and 71OV along with McCann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce