Former Canucks Thread (Dan Hamhuis retires)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Frankie is a god damn warrior. How do you even have a life if you're travelling like Frankie is.

jVW0a9Q.png

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Not sure if this has been discussed but I'm surprised that Rodrigo Abols is a Panther. Then again, the Panthers do like Canucks players.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Not sure if this has been discussed but I'm surprised that Rodrigo Abols is a Panther. Then again, the Panthers do like Canucks players.
Rodrigo is ok.

He's no Frankie Corrado though.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
why did micheal del zotto get traded in the first place. he was a decent number 3 guy. at least better than gudbranson and pouliet..

Last edited:

lawrence

May 19, 2012
R.I.P Anahiem Ducks 2020 season. Gudbranson and Del Zotta playing top 3 minutes for the Ducks, I kid you guys not, and of course their team gives up 49 shots.

only gamers will know what i mean, but it's "GG" anahiem Ducks.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
On my phone so can’t quote but there are actually posters who think Gudbranson was a good guy? He was an arrogant fake tough guy who threw his teammates under the bus. One of the least likeable players to play for the Canucks since Messier.

Total clown who will be out of the NHL within a year.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Sadly, we'll probably never get to see the Gudbranson - Sbisa pairing patrolling the Ducks blueline. Maybe Bob Murray wouldn't have traded for Guddy had the Jets not claimed Sbisa on waivers, but then....maybe he would have :)

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Sadly, we'll probably never get to see the Gudbranson - Sbisa pairing patrolling the Ducks blueline. Maybe Bob Murray wouldn't have traded for Guddy had the Jets not claimed Sbisa on waivers, but then....maybe he would have :)

Ya I think Bob Murray was trying to instantly retool the Ducks' blueline. Sbisa, Del Zotto, Gudbranson are all under 30.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
On my phone so can’t quote but there are actually posters who think Gudbranson was a good guy? He was an arrogant fake tough guy who threw his teammates under the bus. One of the least likeable players to play for the Canucks since Messier.

Total clown who will be out of the NHL within a year.

Wish I could find the quote.

But apparently he ASKED his team mates if they wanted him to fight for them.

That is so f***in ass backwards. You dont make your team mates ASK you to fight...
ESPECIALLY when you are a 4 mil pylon dragging the team down.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Ducks fans trying to act like we have an agenda against Gudbranson still. It's genuinely funny to me.

He sucks.

Reactions: vanuck

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Wish I could find the quote.

But apparently he ASKED his team mates if they wanted him to fight for them.

That is so ****in ass backwards. You dont make your team mates ASK you to fight...
ESPECIALLY when you are a 4 mil pylon dragging the team down.

That sounds like a team culture holdover from the Sedin's time here. It's also fits with the trend towards less fighting in the game.

There are enough reasons to dislike RealGud that we don't need to hate on him for not being a goon.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
That sounds like a team culture holdover from the Sedin's time here. It's also fits with the trend towards less fighting in the game.

There are enough reasons to dislike RealGud that we don't need to hate on him for not being a goon.

Him being bad on the ice and an awful team mate to boot are the two reasons we should dislike him.

Reactions: vanuck

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Him being bad on the ice and an awful team mate to boot are the two reasons we should dislike him.

Yes, but asking the team if they want him staging fights doesn't make him a bad teammate.

Throwing other players under the bus in media scrums, taking selfish penalties, etc. are the reasons he was a bad teammate. Not wanting to be the team's primary enforcer when that has never been his style is not. This isn't like if Dorsett or Prust had asked that same question.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Yes, but asking the team if they want him staging fights doesn't make him a bad teammate.

Throwing other players under the bus in media scrums, taking selfish penalties, etc. are the reasons he was a bad teammate. Not wanting to be the team's primary enforcer when that has never been his style is not. This isn't like if Dorsett or Prust had asked that same question.

He should react when shit goes down on the ice.

Not demean the targeted team mate by asking if Big Erik should protect you or if you can take care of your self.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
He should react when **** goes down on the ice.

Not demean the targeted team mate by asking if Big Erik should protect you or if you can take care of your self.

Do you think he was literally asking them on the ice after the hit or something? Also, not many players on the Canucks answer that particular call, why dump on a single player for that?

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Do you think he was literally asking them on the ice after the hit or something? Also, not many players on the Canucks answer that particular call, why dump on a single player for that?

Yes. That was the story.

I thin Horvat said it in an interview. If something happened Gudbranson would ask Horvat if he wanted him to do something.

Why dump on a single player for that..? Come on.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
R.I.P Anahiem Ducks 2020 season. Gudbranson and Del Zotta playing top 3 minutes for the Ducks, I kid you guys not, and of course their team gives up 49 shots.

only gamers will know what i mean, but it's "GG" anahiem Ducks.
Yep...And if Sbisa hadn't been nabbed on waivers, it would have been Gudbranson, Del Zotto and Sbisa patrolling the Ducks blueline....Now that's a scary Halloween slasher movie if ever there was one.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Yep...And if Sbisa hadn't been nabbed on waivers, it would have been Gudbranson, Del Zotto and Sbisa patrolling the Ducks blueline....Now that's a scary Halloween slasher movie if ever there was one.

Imagine being the team that looked at the Canucks' blueline the last few years and going "ah, yes. That's the defense we need."

I mean...man.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Del Zotto was a hard worker and a good guy in the community. But oh boy, was he NOT a decent number 3. I’d hesitate to call him a decent number 7.
While not being very good, he was better than 2 players Travis used ahead of him last year. I think he was better than Gudbranson and Pouliot easily, so he would've/should've been the 5 or 6 last year.

And if he'd been used with Biega instead of giving Pouliot and Gudbranson those minutes, they very well may have scraped enough points to get that final wild card in a down west last year.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
While not being very good, he was better than 2 players Travis used ahead of him last year. I think he was better than Gudbranson and Pouliot easily, so he would've/should've been the 5 or 6 last year.

And if he'd been used with Biega instead of giving Pouliot and Gudbranson those minutes, they very well may have scraped enough points to get that final wild card in a down west last year.

I'd agree with everything you said here - fair statement.

Reactions: 420Canuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad