Rumor: Former assistant coach Kitchen alleged to have kicked a player on the bench Jan. 20th against Wild

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Not surprising. I wanted to choke a few of these guys sometimes. If I was behind these guys on the bench I'd probably follow through.

This kinda illustrates that Q's coaching team hasn't probably faced a situation like this before where the players aren't internally motivated to work their hardest. Therefore, guys like Kitchen resort to applying direct pressure which in a leadership position rarely works, especially in the long-term. You just have to find guys who are motivated and quit hiring players who are just looking forward to country club atmosphere and happy-go-lucky attitude on the ice.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I'll wait for more information on this, but the timing seems strange for this to be initiated by the team. Did the player go past them and escalate this straight to the NHLPA or/and league?

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
WTF?
I mean I'm happy to see him gone, but "physical altercation with a player"? Then again it's the Panthers so why am I even surprised :facepalm:

Especially since it’s Mike Kitchen. He got into an altercation with Horton when he was with us before. But I don’t think that one was considered “physical”.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Could this be why he opted out during the play in games as well?
Most likely.

Good riddance to this f***ing bum. Mike Kitchen is nothing but a hack and has never had any idea how to run anything on an NHL team. Always great to hire a defensive coach that was a career -139 and was never a PLUS in his ENTIRE shit tier career.

Hiring him was a disaster waiting to happen, and here we are.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out Kitchen, you stupid worthless f***.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I'm not really sad about this at all. Need a new look on the back-end on and off the ice.

This could be why there was some speculation about us being linked to Todd Reirden after Washington let him go.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Imagine being the guy that has to coach Matheson. You would snap too.

In before footage surfaces of Kitchen engaging on a tickling match with Yandle on the bench.

Put them together and i would do only left and rights on the Bench, everytime they miss a Hit.

Sorry been Florida Panthers Defensiv Coach with this current Pairs aint easy. It´s also more interisting who comes in, what kind of Game does he bring along. As bad as listen, two of the best defensiv Coaches still working for other Teams. as far i like McFarland back as special Team Coach, we need first a working defensiv System.

But lets be fair, wouldnt it be someone important to the Team, that thing never hit the Light twice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad