Rumor: Former assistant coach Kitchen alleged to have kicked a player on the bench Jan. 20th against Wild

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Yeah, first rounder is absurd, especially given Tallon was fired...

Arizona lost a first and second for a much worse violation....

I also don't think they will penalize the team sans Tallon/Kitchen for something that did not impact gameplay.

Reading through the guy's tweets, it looks like he opins with a bias and does not seem to have any credible information/background

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Yeah, first rounder is absurd, especially given Tallon was fired...

Arizona lost a first and second for a much worse violation....

I also don't think they will penalize the team sans Tallon/Kitchen for something that did not impact gameplay.

Reading through the guy's tweets, it looks like he opins with a bias and does not seem to have any credible information/background

Tallon wasn't fired.

Tallon knew that he'd be in deep shit if this got leaked to the league offices while he's still at the helm and thus basically we're speculating whether it's a first round pick or a slap on the wrist as a penalty for Tallon to sweep this under the rug. I think that the repercussions will hurt more than the latter. The ownership and rest of the mgmt probably will try to pin this on Tallon and that the organization itself shouldn't be penalized but the certain individuals involved. It's a bold strategy, Cotton... let's see if it pays off for them.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I managed to dig deep and found the fottage, it was Kitchen vs Matheson after his 15th mistake of the game

Yp-E9q.gif

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Tallon wasn't fired.

Tallon knew that he'd be in deep shit if this got leaked to the league offices while he's still at the helm and thus basically we're speculating whether it's a first round pick or a slap on the wrist as a penalty for Tallon to sweep this under the rug. I think that the repercussions will hurt more than the latter. The ownership and rest of the mgmt probably will try to pin this on Tallon and that the organization itself shouldn't be penalized but the certain individuals involved. It's a bold strategy, Cotton... let's see if it pays off for them.
Yeah, without a source, you can't make any conclusion: I see nothing that implies that this is a major issue to be honest

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Yeah, without a source, you can't make any conclusion: I see nothing that implies that this is a major issue to be honest

Well, I don't it matters how the common spectators sees but rather how the suits in the league offices sees it. It they deem that this is workplace violence and/or harassment then we got Bill Peters for that already but if the club itself has tried to muddy the waters then league might need to make an example out of the Panthers.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Well, I don't it matters how the common spectators sees but rather how the suits in the league offices sees it. It they deem that this is workplace violence and/or harassment then we got Bill Peters for that already but if the club itself has tried to muddy the waters then league might need to make an example out of the Panthers.
I agree if the executive office in the NHL cares; I don't see any signals.

Bill Peters was a different type of problematic due to league PR...and did not lead to major penalties from the league.

The only times I can think of draft pick penalties are due to corporate behavior that leads to undue advantages to the team...

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
It's an issue to the league when by the looks of it, DT and coach Q didn't report it forward (bare in mind this was only a couple months after Bill Peters was accused of physically assaulting a player on the bench) and it's a question mark whether they did anything internally (as in talked to the player and Kitchen) as well.

And those saying "well the player deserved to get kicked if he spilled water on Kitchen", if you spilled water at your workplace to a coworker's suit and he kicked/punched you, that's an expensive lawsuit and definitively not okay. Two wrongs don't make a right.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
It's an issue to the league when by the looks of it, DT and coach Q didn't report it forward (bare in mind this was only a couple months after Bill Peters was accused of physically assaulting a player on the bench) and it's a question mark whether they did anything internally (as in talked to the player and Kitchen) as well.

And those saying "well the player deserved to get kicked if he spilled water on Kitchen", if you spilled water at your workplace to a coworker's suit and he kicked/punched you, that's an expensive lawsuit and definitively not okay. Two wrongs don't make a right.

My point is that we don't know about this: I agree if we hear about league investigation, it will be a problem. We do not know if (a) the league was involved, (b) what happened with Kitchen, or (c) what Tallon and Q did. We do not know much of what is going on, especially given that the player in question does not want his name publicized.

I agree it is wrong and bad; my question is whether it is a major issue to the league

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
No mention of the discipline, and this is your first thought?
There's "zero tolerance" for these types of actions and behavior. The league's efforts are probably gearing towards ensuring this never happens again in this organization. What would you consider "severe discipline"?

Last edited:

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
If Q was told about the accusation and didn't report it, I think he should be fined and that's the end of it. If he told Tallon and Tallon didn't report it, maybe the organization gets fined. Being docked a pick seems extreme... Arizona was basically cheating the league system on an organizational level. Different circumstance.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Since I know none of what happened, I’ll take a 39,000ft view and just contrast this:

Player sprays water on Kitchen who retaliates with a kick on the pads. Player feels a bump. Like a girls’ slap shot. Verdict: mental anguish/lawsuit/severe punishment.

Player goes back on ice. Takes a slap shot to the teeth. Skates off, gets dental work, and a new helmet with a face shield. Verdict: no ill will/plays next game.

I must be missing something...

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Since I know none of what happened, I’ll take a 39,000ft view and just contrast this:

Player sprays water on Kitchen who retaliates with a kick on the pads. Player feels a bump. Like a girls’ slap shot. Verdict: mental anguish/lawsuit/severe punishment.

Player goes back on ice. Takes a slap shot to the teeth. Skates off, gets dental work, and a new helmet with a face shield. Verdict: no ill will/plays next game.

I must be missing something...

That he was our Defensiv Side Coach, we sucked this Season so much with no Team development in this department. So if the result of the investigation what ever it will be is nothing, take it as an excuse to get rid of some real bad defensiv Coach.
If there was something then f*** it, its not the first Coach to get fired for violation. Sorry that violation Issue is one of the most poping up lately, same as racism.
Alone in the last 5 Month, atleast 5 Coaches or Assistant Coach get fired of that Argument and most of them was some old Dinosaur from the 70/80´s hockey generation or older.
Florida is not the only Team where a Coach get fired about that Argument. Anything else, we will see.

But i dont miss him, or shade a tear of Him his system doesnt work and he did none adjustment at all. And that cant it be as veteran Coach.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Nice to see that they handled it just the way they should, including the quick decision that it would be resolved after the season. Even if it is the least you would expect of an organization, you kind of expect many organizations to not clear that bar anyway.
Yep. I think this is a learning lesson for most of us: what we observe is not necessarily what happens with respect to the team. We had no idea about Kitchen or reporting to the league; it makes sense to handle it internally especially if the player wants privacy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad