Forgotten Habs

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
He was sill better than a 1st round pick. Remember Habs of that era could not pick worth a darn when it came to 1st rounders.

From 1984
Corson and Svoboda

Andrew Cassels

Speaking of this year we drafted Cassels,LeClair,Desjardin, and Schneider and traded them all away for scraps and head cases.

Turner Stevenson

Saku Koivu was a great one.

Then all the way to 2000 for
Ron Hainsey and the wrong Hossa.

Now if we could repeat the earlier years 1st rounders like
1971 Guy Lafleur
1972 Steve Schutt
1973 Bob Gainey
We'd be golden:handclap:

Cassels had a long nhl career. Hainsey is still playing. Corson and Svoboda are hardly bad picks. In fact, Corson was awesome and had a long career and i'd kill to get a player like him now. Svoboda won a cup with us. These are hardly bad picks.

Stevenson and Hossa I'll give you, but not the others.

MJN79

Nov 21, 2008
Jan Bulis, Chad Kilger, Bashkirov
Patrick Poulin, Miroslav Guren.

Looking at rosters from 99-2000, we had bad teams.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Centennial season went down the drain when he got hurt. His line with the Kostitsyns was really solid.

The season basically ended their. I'll never forget that game for the injury and the ugly jerseys. Those barber shop ones are cursed.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Matthieu Descoteaux, he was a 19th overall pick by the oilers.

Those late '90's early '00's teams had some truly terrible lineups. Christian Laflamme, Patrick Traverse, Jim Campbell, Patrick Poulin, Craig Darby, Karl Dykhuis, Eric Landry, Juha Lind, Xavier Delisle, Andre Bashkirov, Johan Witehall, Darryl Shannon, Eric Bertrand, Enrico Ciccone, Matt Higgins, Francis Belanger, Jesse Belanger, Scott Lachance, Jim Cummins, Barry Richter, Miloslav Guren, Dave Morissette, Trent McCleary, Sylvain Blouin, Alain Nasreddine, Frederic Chabot, Shaun Van Allen, Reid Simpson, Olivier Michaud, Benoit Gratton, Stephane Fiset, Gordie Dwyer

Yeah, it was rough. Although, I thought lachance was at least serviceable, and although dykhuis had his ups and downs... overall, I thought he wasn't bad.

Maliki2

Mar 31, 2005
Saint Albans, VT
Over the years there have been many players who have suited up for the Habs, some memorable and others forgettable. What players do you always forget were once Habs?

Bryan Smolinski and Trevor Linden are two guys who I always seem to forget were once a Hab.

Will never forget Linden. My wife had a crush on him and I still have his jersey. We even went to Hard Rock cafe where the waitress told his the kind of drink he orders when he goes there! That was quite awhile ago! :laugh:

Maliki2

Mar 31, 2005
Saint Albans, VT
Gonna add some more...

Andreas Dackell
Xavier Delisle (whom I met and got a picture with while skating with some of the players on the club!)

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Will never forget Linden. My wife had a crush on him and I still have his jersey. We even went to Hard Rock cafe where the waitress told his the kind of drink he orders when he goes there! That was quite awhile ago! :laugh:

He never quite looked right outside of a canucks uniform. It was just a weird sight.

When he was healthy, I recall perhaps the biggest line that the habs have formed in the last 15 years. Zubrus-Linden-Stevenson.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
kazif.jpg

Never forget.

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
Sergei Berezin, Pierre Dagenais, Andy Moog, Scott Thornton, Terry Ryan, Chris Higgins, Sheldon Souray, Jean-François Jomphe

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
The Who (from 1998 onward):

Shaun Van Allen
Sergei Berezin
Arron Asham
Reid Simpson
Patrick Poulin
Sergei Berezin
Martin Rucinsky
Donald Audette
Sergei Zholtok