Forgotten Habs

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Otherwise, the second coming of Matthieu Schneider.
And Sean Hill. Probably because whenever I hear "Sean Hill", I think of two other persons before I think of him.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Also Alex Auld

Good one

Robert Lang was really good. Gainey tried so hard to get the club a big centre that offseason. Lang ended up being better than Sundin was for the Nucks.

Fluke Achilles injury. Slowed him down too much he had to go to the Coyotes to find work or I think he could have returned for a good 2nd season

How about Jim Dowd, had some great playoff games. Or Darren Langdon, Gordie Dwyer, and randy McKay. Also Michel therriens boy Bill Lindsay

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
This thread made me think of former Hab draft picks that are still playing but are outside the organization.

'95- Stephane Robidas (leafs), Miloslav Guren (Italy)

'97- Ilkka Mikkola (SM-liiga), Petr Kubos (Czech)

'98- Ribeiro (Preds), Beauchemin (Avs), Ryder (NJ)

'00- Hainsey (Canes), Hossa (SHL), Balej (Czech), Joni Puurula (Italy), Ryan Glenn (SM-liiga)

'01- Perezhogin (KHL), Martti Jarventie (SM-liiga), Eric Himelfarb (Sweden)

'02- Higgins (Nucks), Tomas Linhart (Czech), Andre Deveaux (Sweden), Jonathan Ferland (Austria), Konstantin Korneyev (KHL)

'03- Kostitsyn (KHL), Lapierre (Pens), Ryan O'Byrne (Swiss), Locke (DEL), Mark Flood (KHL), Oskari Korpikari (KHL), Halak (NYI)

'04- Chipchura (Yotes), Wyman (DEL), Grabo (NYI), Streit (flyers)

'05- Mathieu Aubin (ECHL), D'Agostini (Swiss), Kostitsyn (KHL), Philippe Paquet (Denmark)

'06- David Fischer (DEL), Ben Maxwell (SM-liiga), Mathieu Carle (KHL), Ryan White (flyers), Pavel Valentenko (KHL)

'07- McDonagh (NYR), Weber (Nucks), Joe Stejskal (AHL/ECHL), Nichlas Torp (Sweden), Andrew Conboy (ECHL)

'08- Danny Kristo (Stl), Quailer (ECHL), Jason Missiaen (AHL/ECHL), Trunev (KHL)

'09- Leblanc (NYI), Petteri Simila (SM-liiga)

'10- John Westin (Sweden)

'11- Olivier Archambault (AHL/ECHL), Daniel Pribyl (Czech)

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Radek Bonk
Matt D'Agostini
Robert Dirk
Bryan Fogarty
Cristobal Huet
Jonas Hoglund
Peter Popovic
Joe Juneau
Gary Leeman
Andy Moog
Pierre Sevigny
And so much more.

Have to mention some of our former 1st round draft picks;

Other than Koivu, we had 15 consecutive years of very bad 1st round draft pick which is still affecting this team today along with some stupid trades.

1988-Eric Charron
1989-Lindsay Vallis
1990-Turner Stevenson
1991-Brent Bilodeau
1992-David Wilkie
1993-Saku Koivu
1994-Brad Brown
1995-Terry Ryan
1996-Matt Higgins
1997-Jason Ward
1998-Eric Chouinard
1999-no 1st round pick
2000-Ron Hainsey, Marcel Hossa
2001-Alexander Perezhogin, Mike Komisarek

Chipchura, Leblanc, David Fischer.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
This thread made me think of former Hab draft picks that are still playing but are outside the organization.

'95- Stephane Robidas (leafs), Miloslav Guren (Italy)

'97- Ilkka Mikkola (SM-liiga), Petr Kubos (Czech)

'98- Ribeiro (Preds), Beauchemin (Avs), Ryder (NJ)

'00- Hainsey (Canes), Hossa (SHL), Balej (Czech), Joni Puurula (Italy), Ryan Glenn (SM-liiga)

'01- Perezhogin (KHL), Martti Jarventie (SM-liiga), Eric Himelfarb (Sweden)

'02- Higgins (Nucks), Tomas Linhart (Czech), Andre Deveaux (Sweden), Jonathan Ferland (Austria), Konstantin Korneyev (KHL)

'03- Kostitsyn (KHL), Lapierre (Pens), Ryan O'Byrne (Swiss), Locke (DEL), Mark Flood (KHL), Oskari Korpikari (KHL), Halak (NYI)

'04- Chipchura (Yotes), Wyman (DEL), Grabo (NYI), Streit (flyers)

'05- Mathieu Aubin (ECHL), D'Agostini (Swiss), Kostitsyn (KHL), Philippe Paquet (Denmark)

'06- David Fischer (DEL), Ben Maxwell (SM-liiga), Mathieu Carle (KHL), Ryan White (flyers), Pavel Valentenko (KHL)

'07- McDonagh (NYR), Weber (Nucks), Joe Stejskal (AHL/ECHL), Nichlas Torp (Sweden), Andrew Conboy (ECHL)

'08- Danny Kristo (Stl), Quailer (ECHL), Jason Missiaen (AHL/ECHL), Trunev (KHL)

'09- Leblanc (NYI), Petteri Simila (SM-liiga)

'10- John Westin (Sweden)

'11- Olivier Archambault (AHL/ECHL), Daniel Pribyl (Czech)

I thought the same ****ing thing :handclap:

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
David Wilkie, Karl Dykhuis, Barry Richter, Sylvain Blouin, Gordie Dwyer, Darren Langdon, Joe Juneau, Andreas Dackell, Nicklas Sundstrom, Randy McKay, Arron Asham...

... oh, and the Polish Prince, Mariusz Czerkawski...

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Good one

Robert Lang was really good. Gainey tried so hard to get the club a big centre that offseason. Lang ended up being better than Sundin was for the Nucks.

Fluke Achilles injury. Slowed him down too much he had to go to the Coyotes to find work or I think he could have returned for a good 2nd season

How about Jim Dowd, had some great playoff games. Or Darren Langdon, Gordie Dwyer, and randy McKay. Also Michel therriens boy Bill Lindsay

totally forgot about Dowd. I don't know if you could include Metropolit and D.Moore.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I just remember that linden was injured alot during his tenure in Montreal.

One of the reasons why the early 2000s were so paniful as a fan was because our top 2 centres in linden and koivu were injured alot.

Dirk is anothet player who actually got seriously hurt in his first game after acquiring him.

I'll add Alex descoteaux (sp?) To the list. I just remember that he was a big dman and he did score during his brief time here.

Marti jarventie (sp?) I remember for his swordsman goal celebration.

Also Xavier delisle... Because how can you forget a name like Xavier.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'll add Alex descoteaux (sp?) To the list. I just remember that he was a big dman and he did score during his brief time here.

Marti jarventie (sp?) I remember for his swordsman goal celebration.

Also Xavier delisle... Because how can you forget a name like Xavier.

Matthieu Descoteaux, he was a 19th overall pick by the oilers.

Those late '90's early '00's teams had some truly terrible lineups. Christian Laflamme, Patrick Traverse, Jim Campbell, Patrick Poulin, Craig Darby, Karl Dykhuis, Eric Landry, Juha Lind, Xavier Delisle, Andre Bashkirov, Johan Witehall, Darryl Shannon, Eric Bertrand, Enrico Ciccone, Matt Higgins, Francis Belanger, Jesse Belanger, Scott Lachance, Jim Cummins, Barry Richter, Miloslav Guren, Dave Morissette, Trent McCleary, Sylvain Blouin, Alain Nasreddine, Frederic Chabot, Shaun Van Allen, Reid Simpson, Olivier Michaud, Benoit Gratton, Stephane Fiset, Gordie Dwyer

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Alex Tanguay : -((((((((((((((((((( So sad, we should totally have re-signed him.

Charismatic guy who where a terrific cerebral hockey player also a very good person. I had the luck to meet him and he is easily the nicest hockey player i had to meet. (With DD :P)

He sat out of playoff games with minor injuries to preserve himself for free agency. The absolute worst type of player. No need for gutless players like that on our team. No surprise he hasn't played a single playoff game since then.

Dagenais Bar Down*

I woulnd't say Habs stopped being bad at 1st round picks in 2000 lol

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Centennial season went down the drain when he got hurt. His line with the Kostitsyns was really solid.

i thought we were legit cup contenders with him. we were solid....he was our most consistent center until he got injured.

what was the line up then?

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
i thought we were legit cup contenders with him. we were solid....he was our most consistent center until he got injured.

what was the line up then?

Pittsburgh won the cup that year.
Detroit, Chicago, Vancouver, New Jersey, San Jose, Washington and Pittsburgh were all better teams. I doubt that even with Lang and Markov we would have made it to the finals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad