GDT: Forgetting the First Half of This Season: Devils @ Senators, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Are we the worst team in the league right now? Anyone else in a huge losing streak?

I don't care if Daws makes zero saves, if you don't score more than 1 goal you deserve to lose. Goaltending is one of the issues, buthe way the team has been playing we lose with Vasi on goal.

It's bittersweet, we're gonna get a good player in the draft, but while doing it we are f***ing up our young players' confidence and development. Not to mention I have no interest to watch the games even though I'm paying for them.

I don't blame Fitz, I think he's done all the right things the team just isn't playing well. The impatient side in me wants trades and the staff gone asap, but the right play is probably to do nothing and clear table off season.

There are maybe max 8 players I'd be willing to hold on to, the rest can walk for all I care.

Hughes, Bratt
Hamilton, Hischier

Mercer, Siegenthaler, Graves

Smith..

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
We’re on par with the Seattle Kraken for crying out loud, the team everyone was laughing at for their mediocre draft who passed on legit studs like Price and Tarasenko for Fleury and Dunn.

What’s our excuse? This is turning out to be a straight up joke but "let’s trust the process” they say! Let’s grab another top #5 pick, that’ll fix things… right???

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
I think we need a new goalie scouting department.
Brodeur may be a playing legend in NJ but he's not cutting it in the scouting department along with Clemenson.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
We’re on par with the Seattle Kraken for crying out loud, the team everyone was laughing at for their mediocre draft who passed on legit studs like Price and Tarasenko for Fleury and Dunn.

What’s our excuse? This is turning out to be a straight up joke but "let’s trust the process” they say! Let’s grab another top #5 pick, that’ll fix things… right???

our “excuse” is that we’re forced to play our 6th string goalie, and that’s not going to change no matter how many times posters cry about our team

Reactions: Devs3cups

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Obviously the goalie is why they only scored a single measly goal and also why they continually give away the puck at their own blue line like they don’t want it.

Obviously.

Reactions: JK3

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Obviously the goalie is why they only scored a single measly goal and also why they continually give away the puck at their own blue line like they don’t want it.

Obviously.
I think adding a top 5 offensive dman in the NHL and our point per game 1C might help the offense. They haven’t even played together this year when one of them wasn’t hurt. How are people still snarkily suggesting that goaltending isn’t killing us? You have absolutely no leg to stand on.

Saying “team stinks” is your entire reason for posting in every thread. We know. You can go, you offer no solutions.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Yeah I mean only scoring one goal isn't going to win you many games, but an NHL goalie would've gotten us to overtime, maybe even a shutout. Ottawa was not super threatening. Can't even blame Daws, either. He's in his first year in the AHL and shouldn't have been up at all, except for the injuries.

I get the need to point to other struggles, of which there are many, but this game is pretty much the definition of goaltending sinking us.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Yeah I mean only scoring one goal isn't going to win you many games, but an NHL goalie would've gotten us to overtime, maybe even a shutout. Ottawa was not super threatening. Can't even blame Daws, either. He's in his first year in the AHL and shouldn't have been up at all, except for the injuries.

I get the need to point to other struggles, of which there are many, but this game is pretty much the definition of goaltending sinking us.
Ding ding. Listen, when it got to 3-1 OTT, they had 10 shots. 10! 3 goals on 10 shots! Can you imagine how backbreaking it is for the skaters? It’s the same story with goaltending game after game this season. Whether we score 2 or 3 or 4, it often doesn’t matter cause the goalies usually give up more than 3 goals constantly.

Reactions: None Shall Pass

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I do think we’ll see some significant changes this off-season. I expect a significant goalie to be brought in and wouldn’t even be surprised if Blackwood is dealt for that significant goalie. We’d obviously be adding, it wouldn’t just be for Blackwood. He’s an expiring contract after next year (with one more year of RFA) and there’s already been a quote from someone (was it Marty Brodeur? I don’t even know who it was?) implying that Tom still wasn’t sold on Blackwood, but the person giving this quote was. I missed that quote when it first came out, but someone posted it on the main board a few weeks ago. I’ll try to find it.

We’re gonna lock up Bratt and I feel like Zacha has already fallen out of favor here. We don’t use him on special teams like we were and it already appears that he’s sheltered against soft matchups on the ice. That tells me his time is running out here. Maybe he does get a 1-2 year deal, but I can’t see anything more than that. We’ve identified the core and he’s not part of it.

I do wonder about Severson too. Maybe he’s on his way out this deadline? We did trade Coleman with a whole year left at the prior deadline. But I’m gonna say we’re probably keeping him for now. Subban is definitely going and I’m not sure if anyone wants Vesey. Does someone want him for a 5th round pick? I’m not sure.

get blackwood as far away from here as possible. maybe he turns into a good goalie but that won't happen here so lets just stop wasting everyones time.

Reactions: bigd

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
The biggest issue for me is the time lines. In 3-4 years, watch out because this team will be fire. Cool, but in 3-4 years some of us will be dead. Hate to say it but that’s not chump change when it comes to life. Add those years to years past and it been like 10 crappy years.

The cherry on top, other teams are kicking our butts in the rebuild process. Detroit, LA, Ottawa. Other teams retooled Faster (Rangers, Columbus) So no, I don’t trust the process.

problem has been scouting and development. missing on zacha and mikey two picks high in the draft hurt this franchise. i'm not going to even go into the nico side of that debate but our first round picks have noway in any shape or form have lived up to the draft positions when that happens the team will suffer.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Are we the worst team in the league right now? Anyone else in a huge losing streak?

I don't care if Daws makes zero saves, if you don't score more than 1 goal you deserve to lose. Goaltending is one of the issues, buthe way the team has been playing we lose with Vasi on goal.

It's bittersweet, we're gonna get a good player in the draft, but while doing it we are f***ing up our young players' confidence and development. Not to mention I have no interest to watch the games even though I'm paying for them.

I don't blame Fitz, I think he's done all the right things the team just isn't playing well. The impatient side in me wants trades and the staff gone asap, but the right play is probably to do nothing and clear table off season.

There are maybe max 8 players I'd be willing to hold on to, the rest can walk for all I care.

Hughes, Bratt
Hamilton, Hischier

Smith..

I don't think you can completely not blame fitz... granted he brought in hamilton.. he addressed the goalie situation which didn't pan out. however he has assembled a team of forwards that cant get to the middle of the ice.. cant score dirty goals .. cant win board battles.. etc. great GM's build a team that has the proper pieces for success.. Fitz has done some good things.. im not saying they should fire him.. but he needs to address the style of play etc.. etc. with bringing in certain types of players.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
get blackwood as far away from here as possible. maybe he turns into a good goalie but that won't happen here so lets just stop wasting everyones time.

I agree problem is as we are finding out goalies don't grow on trees , especially in New Jersey ..

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007

Hughes, Bratt
Hamilton, Hischier

Smith..

i could care less what they get for smith.....he is a Jag through and through.. he is ok but if he can be traded for a goalie or a winger im all in.. i think he is just average... and reminds me of a slightly better will butcher.

Reactions: StevensRocks

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
well blackwood isn't the answer so that doesn't matter getting rid of him. then overpay and get a goalie simple as that

Just curious what makes you say Blackwood isn't the answer?

He has been absolutely tremendous for us when healthy.

Not his fault the organization encouraged him to play through a serious injury because we had no other goaltending options once Bernier went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad