GDT: Forgetting the First Half of This Season: Devils @ Senators, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
i hated shara for most of year... but he is skating much better... at this point im not giving up on anyone unknown yet.... i feel zacha is a known product at this point.. which is a NHL player that has his moments but no issue in trading him at this point if he can bring back a legit third line north south winger like bastian mold ... someone physical etc ..
I'm not giving up either, but to go along with this current line of thought. We do have a lot of young fwds. Could we trade 2-3-4 pieces in order to bring back a single more significant piece? That has to be on the table.

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
Wood and Sharangovich. Add Holtz as well and you’re already at 9 forwards next season. McLeod will stick as the fourth line center, so you’re at 10.

They would hypothetically have room to add a top 9 winger and a fourth line winger, and that’s assuming they would let go of all of Zacha, Tatar, Johnsson, Kuokkanen and Boqvist.
Good idea

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
Sharangovich hasn't looked great even alongside our two best players and he's completely invisible without them.

1 goal in his last 10 playing with Jack and Jesper?

The question was who "deserves" to be here. And he does not.

Reactions: NJDevs26

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
We've allowed 2 goals or less in 9 games out of 46... That seems EXTREMELY low.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We have more team control time of Yegor as opposed to Zacha, which is why he is more likely to still be here as opposed to Zacha if you try to toss one of them

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Wood and Sharangovich. Add Holtz as well and you’re already at 9 forwards next season. McLeod will stick as the fourth line center, so you’re at 10.

They would hypothetically have room to add a top 9 winger and a fourth line winger, and that’s assuming they would let go of all of Zacha, Tatar, Johnsson, Kuokkanen and Boqvist.

Wood will be missing the entire season this year. He can’t be guaranteed a spot next year. You don’t know what you are going to have. He has to earn a spot.

Mcleod needs to be shown the door as well. Fortunately he makes just about the threshold where you can waive him and send him down and he leave with no cap hit (or minimal). I think Tatar and Johnsson are here next year. Zacha, Kuokk, Boqvist should be out. Sharangovich told he needs to earn a spot in camp.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Weren't we like 7-3-2 at some point this season?

So we're something like 8-23-3 in our last 34? Honestly sounds about right.
That was said during the broadcast. We have 8 wins in 34 games.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I blame Lou
I know this was sarcasm, but I still back Lou being ousted. It needed to happen.

What I’m confused on is if Shero should have been ousted or not, or if Tom Fitzgerald is simply continuing what Shero started.

I’m not sure if I agree with the decision to fire Shero or not at this point. But I feel confident in saying if things went the same way with two more playoff misses if we hadn’t fired him in 2022, he’d be axed at the end of this year. Because that would be one playoff berth in 7 years and all the guys he acquired in his first few years would have all been gone at least year ago. And that is true, all the guys he did acquire in the early years were gone last year with the departure of Palmieri and and his last offseason move in Subban is out in a few weeks.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
We have more team control time of Yegor as opposed to Zacha, which is why he is more likely to still be here as opposed to Zacha if you try to toss one of them

we are garbage with them so just get rid of them. Plenty of other cheap options out there that can produce just as little as they do.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I know this was sarcasm, but I still back Lou being ousted. It needed to happen.

What I’m confused on is if Shero should have been ousted or not, or if Tom Fitzgerald is simply continuing what Shero started.

I’m not sure if I agree with the decision to fire Shero or not at this point. But I feel confident in saying if things went the same way with two more playoff misses if we hadn’t fired him in 2022, he’d be axed at the end of this year. Because that would be one playoff berth in 7 years and all the guys he acquired in his first few years would have all been gone at least year ago. And that is true, all the guys he did acquire in the early years were gone last year with the departure of Palmieri and and his last offseason move in Subban is out in a few weeks.

I know the team needed to rebuild a talent pool but Shero wanted to have his cake and eat it too. In retrospect his idea of team building seems one dimensional. No GM is perfect but he was too stubborn where he shouldn’t have been.

Reactions: Bleedred

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
I think the book is out on Sharo. For at least his shooting tendencies.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Yes but we're not getting him, I'd set my eyes on Nemec, Jiricek and Slafkovsky if I were you, pretty high odds we get one of the 3 imo.

well I can honestly say I see us finishing 3rd and I mean zona is only 9 behind us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad