Forbes: Atlanta Thrashers Will Likely Be Sold For $110 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
We've argued this enough. Most relocationists don't believe him, and most Atlantans do. That's it, we're not getting anywhere here.

...because people like to hear what they want to hear. Personally, I think everyone is being played for ratings. Kincade, that guy from Winnipeg (dreger or something like that)...playing the ratings game.

atl thrasher344

Believe in Blueland
Nov 23, 2010
Atlanta, GA
...because people like to hear what they want to hear. Personally, I think everyone is being played for ratings. Kincade, that guy from Winnipeg (dreger or something like that)...playing the ratings game.

I definitely don't disagree with you. I just don't think the same people's credibility needs to be argued every single day.

atl thrasher344

Believe in Blueland
Nov 23, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I'll stop listening to dreger (who's from Toronto) if you guys please stop listening to kincade.

I'm not advocating you to stop listening to anyone. I really don't care if you listen to Dreger or not.

I just think it's not worth the effort (and arguments that will ensue) to try and convince anyone that the person who they wish to believe is not credible. Especially when the points are the same every day.

Last edited:

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I'm not advocating you to stop listening to anyone. I really don't care if you listen to Dreger or not.

I just think it's not worth the effort (and arguments that will ensue) to try and convince anyone that the person who they wish to believe is not credible.

Dead on, man.

I will go on record as being someone who would like Winnipeg to get a team back. I'm not from there, just think it would be a successful market, and I miss them being part of the NHL.

As anyone with half a brain knows, none of us have any control of what happens, and its pointless to argue over who's right and wrong. Ten to one we're all wrong. Just see how it plays itself out, on all sides, and enjoy the torturous, bumpy, emotional ride :)

Ashe

Nov 27, 2007
Saskatoon SK
Not sure how I took "#thebalkan is in Atlanta to close" out of context. Kincade has been tweeting about #thebalkan for MONTHS. The first time he brought up the word close was OVER A MONTH ago. We still don't even know if the guy is a real person!

Until Kincade brings us a direct source/quote from the #thebalkan himself with a name, all of his tweets belong in the same category as the comic book store owner tweets about shutting down streets in Winnipeg. Arguing otherwise would be hypocritical.

And to this:

How do you know that Dustin Bfuglien isn't in Winnipeg right now looking for houses.... WE DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING :sarcasm:

So you've got 300 million dollars, to just toss away in a weekend buying something? Without looking at records, booking, set-up, Staff, Looking at the team, and players, contracts, clauses, etc? Youd just walk in, go "heres 200million, take it or leave it" and go "oh well they didnt take my offer, guess not.

It's called Negotiations. You look at every single aspect of a business, and just don't up and decide one day "I think i'm going to go buy a hockey team today". Neogtiations can take days, weeks, months, years. If i'm not mistaken, The Teachers here have been negotiating for about 2 years now for a new contract. Guess that means they don't exist right?

Kincaide has shown pictures of the Balkan, and i feel no reason why he would lie about it. Hell, one of the reporters have met someone who is interested who isn't even from the Balkan's group to keep the team there, and got to read emails about it.

BrianL*

You look at every single aspect of a business, and just don't up and decide one day "I think i'm going to go buy a hockey team today".

Money
It's a gas
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
New car, caviar, four star daydream
Think I'll buy me a hockey team

With apologies to Pink Floyd

BTW, if the Thrashers come here, Saskatoon has a good shot at getting the Moose. Seems like a pretty attractive proposition for the major city in Saskatchewan that doesn't have a pro team.

Dado

Would be pretty funny if the Balkan turned out to be chipman. The timing lines up quite well, that's for sure.

borno87

Dec 16, 2010
So you've got 300 million dollars, to just toss away in a weekend buying something? Without looking at records, booking, set-up, Staff, Looking at the team, and players, contracts, clauses, etc? Youd just walk in, go "heres 200million, take it or leave it" and go "oh well they didnt take my offer, guess not.

It's called Negotiations. You look at every single aspect of a business, and just don't up and decide one day "I think i'm going to go buy a hockey team today". Neogtiations can take days, weeks, months, years. If i'm not mistaken, The Teachers here have been negotiating for about 2 years now for a new contract. Guess that means they don't exist right?

Comparing a collective bargaining negotiation with this situation is completely erroneous. The ownership group in Winnipeg didn't decide to buy a hockey team today. The Atlanta group did not decide to sell the team today. If you don't think that TNSE and the NHL has not been working on a purchase agreement for the Coyotes, one that could be used as a template for an agreement between Atlanta and TNSE you are fooling yourself. These are multi-million dollar transactions, the NHL, TNSE and ASG have all been preparing for every possible outcome in some way, shape or form. I'm not suggesting they have a paper ready to be signed, but they would not be starting from 0.

You will be surprised what a motivator seller, and a capable motivated buyer are able to accomplish on a short amount of time when pressed against a deadline.

Kincaide has shown pictures of the Balkan, and i feel no reason why he would lie about it.

The picture of a shoe? Are you serious? Please tell me you are :sarcasm: and you take a picture of a shoe as some sort of proof....

Hell, one of the reporters have met someone who is interested who isn't even from the Balkan's group to keep the team there, and got to read emails about it.

Link to that? I would love to read about it

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Yep.

Maybe the reporter has everything right except the bit about it being a "local".

"The Balkin" is supposed to be an old friend of Kincade's, which is the reason that he gave as to why only he was reporting about him.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
"The Balkin" is supposed to be an old friend of Kincade's, which is the reason that he gave as to why only he was reporting about him.

I thought he was all giddy about a week ago about finally meeting the Balkan.

You know, nothing new has happened. No Balkans have appeared. No exclusive negotiating periods announced. I still don't have any of the names I wanted the last time I shut down one of these Atlanta threads.

Let's see if the Glendale events result in any movement on the Atlanta front. Or if someone produces a name of real person.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad