GDT: <---------- for today game aginst ragers

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The Pit is an overpriced tourist trap, but damn if I don't love it :laugh:

Hahaha compared to the prices that an equivalent place would cost in NJ/NY we thought we were getting a bargain lol. We also went to that chocolate place across the street that starts with a V so I could get something for Ms. Savant. Also got her a bottle of Full Steam Carver. She will be happy

We are trying to go back this summer. Always looking for good spots to go.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Hahaha compared to the prices that an equivalent place would cost in NJ/NY we thought we were getting a bargain lol. We also went to that chocolate place across the street that starts with a V so I could get something for Ms. Savant. Also got her a bottle of Full Steam Carver. She will be happy

We are trying to go back this summer. Always looking for good spots to go.

If you like steak, The Angus Barn on Glenwood Ave. is very good.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
The Pit is an overpriced tourist trap, but damn if I don't love it :laugh:

It's only really overpriced at dinner. Lunch is reasonable - dinner is where they serve you the exact same portion size at lunch but tack on an extra $5-$10.

Savant, glad the Triangle thread helped - was there anything that could have been done better or you could have used more information on? I think it's my project this off-season to give it another update.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
It's only really overpriced at dinner. Lunch is reasonable - dinner is where they serve you the exact same portion size at lunch but tack on an extra $5-$10.

Savant, glad the Triangle thread helped - was there anything that could have been done better or you could have used more information on? I think it's my project this off-season to give it another update.

Exactly. I refuse to go there any time after 1:30 for that reason, but lunch at The Pit is actually damn reasonable. Rare that I get the opportunity to do so since I rarely have any help at Duke despite there being a location literally right down the road next to Fullsteam. But when I do get to go I make sure to go during the day to avoid getting gouged.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

It was really helpful. Awesome overall. The only think I would do is maybe streamline it a bit but that's nitpicking. Like have a section of the most universally recommended stuff? But we wouldn't have had as good as a time without that.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Exactly. I refuse to go there any time after 1:30 for that reason, but lunch at The Pit is actually damn reasonable. Rare that I get the opportunity to do so since I rarely have any help at Duke despite there being a location literally right down the road next to Fullsteam. But when I do get to go I make sure to go during the day to avoid getting gouged.

Bingo. Get the Double Combo at lunch of chopped barbeque and fried chicken. Eat the 'que, leave the chicken for dinner (or evening snack. Or lunch tomorrow. Because cold fried chicken is just as, if not more delicious, than when it's hot).

It was really helpful. Awesome overall. The only think I would do is maybe streamline it a bit but that's nitpicking. Like have a section of the most universally recommended stuff? But we wouldn't have had as good as a time without that.

Good to hear and duly noted.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
We were supposed to sit section 313 at the game but we walked right into section 128 and stayed there all game. The only time the usher came up to us was to tell us to be careful not to spill our beers. It was really great.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
We were supposed to sit section 313 at the game but we walked right into section 128 and stayed there all game. The only time the usher came up to us was to tell us to be careful not to spill our beers. It was really great.

Catch any tailgating? The weather was decent and the locals are usually pretty amicable to visiting fans.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Catch any tailgating? The weather was decent and the locals are usually pretty amicable to visiting fans.

We pregamed pretty well in the hotel and then we took a cab. We walked around Durham and Chapel Hill all afternoon so we went for a power nap and some beverages afterwards. After the game though we went bar hopping around Raleigh. Started at the Carolina ale house made a circle around and got some armadillo grill. Great success.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00