For Montreal fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

sventington

Sep 18, 2013
I don't speak French, yet somehow I passed every French class I ever took. I have no idea why that is possible.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Nah, was a Habs fan simply from growing up in Vermont based on location. Also my grandfather was a french-canadian. Moved to Ohio later on and learned Spanish instead of French

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Mom would of have sent me to an English school if she could. However, with the Loi 101, and her being French Canadian, it was mandatory for me to go to a French school, even though I had spent 6 years of my life in Asia. Throughout grade school & high school I was 1 year older than everyone cause I had to learn french and retake a year :facepalm:

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
I am bilingual and work as a bilingual officer for the feds in Vancity. I am also fluent in Romanian and Japanese.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
I'm born and raised in Montreal, unilingual anglophone, and can't have a conversation in French because I just can't understand most of it.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I'm from Vancouver. Cannot speak french. I switched to spanish in grade 9 in high school. I understand very little of french but know a number of hockey terms thanks to watching so many Habs games on RDS.

Domenic

Jan 13, 2007
Calgary, AB
I want to see if there is enough English Hab fans to have a viable poll to see if the French 1st image of the Habs is an issue with English Hab fans.

I think it's safe to say that it doesn't bother English Hab fans. The only thing that's bothersome is the concept of selecting talent based on characteristics other than those that affect their on-ice play (or coaching/management job).

But I would assume that bothers French Hab fans too.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I'm from Vancouver. Cannot speak french. I switched to spanish in grade 9 in high school. I understand very little of french but know a number of hockey terms thanks to watching so many Habs games on RDS.

Fun fact: I've worked in Vancouver 4-5 times as an immigration judge (boatloads of illegal immigrants coming in).

The Immigration and Refugee Board was (and still might be) in the Vancouver Public Library building, and there were more people speaking French than English on the streets nearby.

Mind you, Radio-Canada Vancouver (the French branch of CBS) was across the street.

Also, I remember reading 15-20 years ago that Vancouver was the city in Canada which had the biggest percentage of non-Francophone parents sending their kids to French schools.

I don't know if that is still true.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Speak three languages and my French is pretty darn good, can't write it for hell though.

I'm trying to learn Portuguese now because I fell in love with Brazil, and also Italian for similar reasons.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
anglophone montrealer who spent his entire youth in french immersion so i'm bilingual, but have since added a third language, the language of love
:heart:

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
yea that would work or I could just continue the discussion in here because the Francophone opinion is of value as well.

It is in regards to the French 1st image of the Habs and if English Hab fans feel less important.

What the **** is that poll, really...

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
Born francophone, been living in a francophone environment all my life. I have no anglophones in my family but still, my father is better in English than French. :laugh:

I've always been good with English since my early teen but my speaking is probably the worst on this board. It really sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad