For Montreal fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyt911

I am wondering what % of Hab fans speak French.

This poll is a primer for a 2nd poll for the English speaking Hab fans. I want to see if there is enough English Hab fans to make it worth while.

HabsHockey*

Think most Montreal fans from this province know enough French to speak it.

Intangiblezz

Oct 21, 2012
English is my first language, Italian my second and french is my third.

I think most Habs fans if not all from Quebec speak french.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I've been living in Montreal since 1999, but I don't speak French. I can understand basic French simply from hearing it over and over. I speak 4 other languages fluently, English being my third, but I just never had time/dedication to enroll in French classes.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Where's the option "I went to an Ontario French Immersion School growing up but don't practice it enough to be fluent anymore"??

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I've been living in Montreal since 1999, but I don't speak French. I can understand basic French simply from hearing it over and over. I speak 4 other languages fluently, English being my third, but I just never had time/dedication to enroll in French classes.

I cannot understand how someone doesn't speak the local language after 15 years. I guess it depends where you live in Montreal.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I cannot understand how someone doesn't speak the local language after 15 years. I guess it depends where you live in Montreal.

You're right. That and my job. I work in IT for a British company and French is never spoken at our offices.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
I am wondering what % of Hab fans speak French.

This poll is a primer for a 2nd poll for the English speaking Hab fans. I want to see if there is enough English Hab fans to make it worth while.

Okay to make it worth while to you, I think that every non-francophone speakers on this board should still answer yes.

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada

You speak Russian and the language of Georgians right?

bobbyt911

To make what worth while ?

I want to see if there is enough English Hab fans to have a viable poll to see if the French 1st image of the Habs is an issue with English Hab fans.

Judging by your 2nd line I'm not sure if you're asking French first or if we speak French in general.

ahh yes good point I guess if one sees them self as a French 1st person.

I live in an area of Ontario that is almost 50/50 French/English and we all live completely integrated lives aside from Leaf-Hab jabs lol. However it isn't at all where all my French friends are Hab fans and all my English ones are Leaf fans. French Leaf fans are rare but I do have English Hab fan friends. I know it is astounding that I actually have friends but thats a poll for an other day:laugh:

bobbyt911

Okay to make it worth while to you, I think that every non-francophone speakers on this board should still answer yes.

yea that would work or I could just continue the discussion in here because the Francophone opinion is of value as well.

It is in regards to the French 1st image of the Habs and if English Hab fans feel less important.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
I want to see if there is enough English Hab fans to have a viable poll to see if the French 1st image of the Habs is an issue with English Hab fans.

ahh yes good point I guess if one sees them self as a French 1st person.

I live in an area of Ontario that is almost 50/50 French/English and we all live completely integrated lives aside from Leaf-Hab jabs lol. However it isn't at all where all my French friends are Hab fans and all my English ones are Leaf fans. French Leaf fans are rare but I do have English Hab fan friends. I know it is astounding that I actually have friends but thats a poll for an other day:laugh:

Why is there an issue with french canadians being habs fan regarding english speakers? What does a french 1st image of the habs mean?

Why do you have friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad