GDT: FOOTBALL! Turkey Day Edition - College, Pro, etc!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Ladainian Tomlinson is about as close as I think we have seen since Sanders retired. I don't see any guy on the horizon that has that type of skill though.

LT was gifted, but he couldn’t move like Sanders.

Sanders had the most insane moves I ever saw, and his acceleration from a full stop was mutant like.

He would terrorize the best players in the world... get them twisted up like pretzels on a 60 yard highlight reel TD run... then casually hand the ball to the ref like he just ran for 5 yards.

I can’t imagine ever seeing anything like him again in my lifetime.

yep, that’s the other option...move it to Mon or Tues and then move the Dallas game, but now they’re screwing with other teams’ schedules...it’s really easier just to create a week 18...the Ravens have enough players to play...the same players will be out Mon or Tues...I’m sure Harbaugh is lobbying hard for a week 18 and the NFL will cave in to the Ravens organization

I’ve read some scenarios where the game is moved to week 18 and the Steelers are bumped into the Th game, with the Ravens and Dallas moved back to Sunday.

That would be the ultimate kick in the balls.

Reactions: Andy99

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Browns had to play without Garrett and currently have 5 players, including Garrett, on COVID list yet no talk of moving their game Sunday. What gives?

I feel like the big difference is they think they've got the Cleveland outbreak (and the various other such outbreaks they've had) under control but they don't think that with Baltimore and are expecting to keep getting more positives. Which I must reluctantly admit is a good reason to keep a team off a field. I don't like the idea Baltimore are getting away with this, but I also dislike the idea that the Steelers be expected to play a team full of undiagnosed Covid spreaders.

But that's a guess. Would be great to have some transparency.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I feel like the big difference is they think they've got the Cleveland outbreak (and the various other such outbreaks they've had) under control but they don't think that with Baltimore and are expecting to keep getting more positives. Which I must reluctantly admit is a good reason to keep a team off a field. I don't like the idea Baltimore are getting away with this, but I also dislike the idea that the Steelers be expected to play a team full of undiagnosed Covid spreaders.

But that's a guess. Would be great to have some transparency.

If they decide to play they should make all the Ravens wear masks.

Last edited:

Arkadiusz

Feb 22, 2019
Concord, MA
The game will be moved from Sunday to week 18 with zero repercussions for the Ravens...book it Dano....
Correct me if I'm wrong since I don't participate but wouldn't a week 18 destroy all the fantasy football leagues? I know it sounds crazy but it is an estimated 7 billion dollar industry for the NFl so I'm thinking they will go all out to preserve all those leagues, i.e play on tues...

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Correct me if I'm wrong since I don't participate but wouldn't a week 18 destroy all the fantasy football leagues? I know it sounds crazy but it is an estimated 7 billion dollar industry for the NFl so I'm thinking they will go all out to preserve all those leagues, i.e play on tues...

Won’t destroy them. Just muck them up a bit.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Playoffs are usually over in fantasy before the end of the year because teams rest star players. So yes, a week 18 game will hurt leagues because you don’t get this week’s players back to help your season.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
As someone who works in sports I can tell you that if you really believe this then you have no idea what goes on behind the scenes of any sport.

Are you implying I don't know Rooneys and Tomlin are mad behind the scenes? Of course they are but if you act like everything is roses and peaches in the public it's hollow to me.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
Are you implying I don't know Rooneys and Tomlin are mad behind the scenes? Of course they are but if you act like everything is roses and peaches in the public it's hollow to me.

So you’re being purposefully ignorant and obtuse for no reason if you acknowledge that the Rooney’s and Tomlin are angry and making it known to the league privately but put on a face publicly that says otherwise?

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
As I said pages ago, make the Ravens forfeit. Bisciotti, the Ravens owner, is worth $4.6 billion. Force him to cover the Steelers lost salary, the lost TV revenue, lost game day staff revenue and strip the Ravens of draft picks. Only way to prevent this going forward.

deathtouchtrample

May 5, 2014
doubt it. The league is run by cowards

the league's run by the owners so you'd need most of them to want to actually do something about it, which they probably won't cause they won't want the same happening to them when their teams get an outbreak. (which tbf the owners only have so much control over)

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh
the league's run by the owners so you'd need most of them to want to actually do something about it, which they probably won't cause they won't want the same happening to them when their teams get an outbreak. (which tbf the owners only have so much control over)
There’s a difference between a random outbreak and Ravens staff purposely ignoring the protocols, though.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Well, looks like the Ravens have successfully f***ed the Steelers...

This game will be played on a “week 18”, with a fully healthy Ravens roster, screwing the Steelers out of 2 byes and another mini bye this season.

I’m pissed at whiny Harbaugh and the Ravens, but the reality is that the NFL absolutely will not allow a game to be played without Lamar Jackson in it. The Steelers were preparing to play without Ben last week and everybody gave zero f***s. But f***ing LJ would miss the game so we have to postpone and do whatever we have to to make sure he plays.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
Well, looks like the Ravens have successfully f***ed the Steelers...

This game will be played on a “week 18”, with a fully healthy Ravens roster, screwing the Steelers out of 2 byes and another mini bye this season.

I’m pissed at whiny Harbaugh and the Ravens, but the reality is that the NFL absolutely will not allow a game to be played without Lamar Jackson in it. The Steelers were preparing to play without Ben last week and everybody gave zero f***s. But f***ing LJ would miss the game so we have to postpone and do whatever we have to to make sure he plays.

Uh, nothing like this has been announced.

Reactions: cookthebooks

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Steelers have had the easiest schedule in the NFL this year:

NFL Strength of Schedule Rankings

And if you scroll down they have an exactly middle of the road schedule remaining, 16th hardest. Eliminate the Ravens and it becomes more cake.

I am guessing if there is a week 18 game though that the Steelers would be, absent some major collapse, resting everyone anyways.

The real issue is when the playoffs start and what this pretty untested team does.

Reactions: Andy99

BrokenStick

Feb 8, 2004
Ellwood City, PA
The reality of the situation is that the NFL has to wait because the Ravens keep getting more positives every day.

They don't want to have the game with players that haven't tested positive yet but have it.

So the league is waiting to see if Baltimore can go 2 days without any further positives to see if they can have the game on Sunday or Monday.

If more positives come today and/or tomorrow, then they'll have to try to find more creative solutions.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Steelers have had the easiest schedule in the NFL this year:

NFL Strength of Schedule Rankings

And if you scroll down they have an exactly middle of the road schedule remaining, 16th hardest. Eliminate the Ravens and it becomes more cake.

I am guessing if there is a week 18 game though that the Steelers would be, absent some major collapse, resting everyone anyways.

The real issue is when the playoffs start and what this pretty untested team does.

Who in the AFC isn't a cakewalk aside from the Chiefs?

No matter who you beat in the AFC, you can find a way to call them a bad team.

They beat the Ravens but all of the sudden they're bad, the Titans too, the 7-3 Browns? cakewalk.

you beat the Bills? thats a cakewalk too. josh allen sucks. Beat the 7-3 Colts? congrats you beat washed up Phillip Rivers.

No matter who the steelers beat, you can always spin it to being an easy win or a bad team they beat.

Reactions: Rossi Rat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad