OT: Food Glorious Food thread.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
They are fantastic. Many different flavor options. Plus a good rewards program, I've gotten a lot of free chicken salad. :D

Restaurant Menu | Casual Dining | Chicken Salad Chick
That looks delicious but they're only in the south unfortunately.

I should make some chicken salad. I have a few pounds of leg meat in the freezer and was going to make some fried rice out of them, maybe I'll make some of it into chicken salad sandwiches.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
That looks delicious but they're only in the south unfortunately.

I should make some chicken salad. I have a few pounds of leg meat in the freezer and was going to make some fried rice out of them, maybe I'll make some of it into chicken salad sandwiches.
They might make it up north, they've been expanding.

Reactions: eightspokedb

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
ButcherBox sent us 2 packages of chicken thighs instead of breasts by accident. I got a credit, but now I have some thighs I won’t really use (I don’t like dark meat, I’m weird, I know)

figure keep them in the freezer and when football season starts and we have people over throw them in the smoker for others to enjoy

Thighs make the best curry/butter chicken. Very easy to make too. Toss them in a pan with butter and copious amounts of curry powder and spices, add onions, chicken broth & tomato paste, more spices, let it thicken, serve over rice.

Reactions: Kate08

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I don’t like dark meat, I’m weird, I know

Well if you're weird then so am I since I prefer white meat too. And every single every time I eat it somebody at the table feels compelled to tell me just how much better tasting or more juicy the dark meat is. :ha:

Reactions: Kate08

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Tonight I tried out garlic herb corn carbonara with fresh Burrata from one of my favorite food bloggers, Half Baked Harvest

Garlic Herb Corn Carbonara with Burrata

6D95E0CE-588E-4A81-B263-2BE653DB4B74.jpeg

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Made a focaccia bread in the instant pot last night. Turned out pretty good actually.

Someone gave me a bag of fresh tomatoes so I think I'm going to try to make a tomato soup from scratch in the IP tonight to pair with the leftover bread.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Made a focaccia bread in the instant pot last night. Turned out pretty good actually.

Someone gave me a bag of fresh tomatoes so I think I'm going to try to make a tomato soup from scratch in the IP tonight to pair with the leftover bread.
I've never tried making homemade bread, but I do have an instant pot. How long did it take to make?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I've never tried making homemade bread, but I do have an instant pot. How long did it take to make?

I should specify it's the Instant Pot Duo Crisp with the air fryer lid, which I used to bake it.

From start to plate, 2 hours, more or less. Mixed the dough together, let it set on the counter for an hour to rise, kneaded and shaped, baked 25 minutes, then flipped it and baked 5 more minutes because the bottom was still a little done. Key is greasing the pot with oil to make sure you can get it out of there after.

I didn't proof it, which would've added another 45 minutes or so in exchange for an airier texture, but it still came out good with a nice crust.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I should specify it's the Instant Pot Duo Crisp with the air fryer lid, which I used to bake it.

From start to plate, 2 hours, more or less. Mixed the dough together, let it set on the counter for an hour to rise, kneaded and shaped, baked 25 minutes, then flipped it and baked 5 more minutes because the bottom was still a little done. Key is greasing the pot with oil to make sure you can get it out of there after.

I didn't proof it, which would've added another 45 minutes or so in exchange for an airier texture, but it still came out good with a nice crust.
Ah. Well good news, I have that one too. :) I'll have to try it sometime.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Absolutely delicious. Steak was tender and juicy.

It doesn't look pretty but for someone who can't cook, this is a huge accomplishment.

Next time I will use more liquid and add some cornstarch to make a teriyaki glaze just to elevate it.

full

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I grilled frozen sweet potatoes in a grill basket tonight. So good and way easier than turning on the oven or air fryer.

the Trader Joe’s sweet potato fries are outrageously good.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Been enjoying that advertised Long Drink thing and man it is absolutely delicious. Finnish people know how to make a good cocktail.

Last edited:

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
This one is for @Fenway .......

Made some incredible Chicago Style Italian Beef Sandwiches last night in the InstaPot. Like most people in Chicago, I take my Italian Beef Seriously (Scatchels, down in Cicero is the best BTW) and I ALWAYS take may sandwiches dipped. Total prep time was 2hrs, but still way quicker than traditional methods and better than anything you will get at Portillo's, or Al's. Great for Sundays when you have people over for football.....

The leftovers are just as good. Just make sure to store the beef and the gravy in separate containers. Then just re-heat the gravy, add the meat and serve. Here's the recipe: Chicago-Style Italian Beef Sandwiches – Instant Pot Recipes

View media item 9684

Reactions: CDJ

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Just made a super simple taco pasta salad for a meeting tomorrow:

Ingredients (Priced at Aldi)

1 16-ounce box Rotini: $1.49
1 24-ounce jar salsa: $1.89
1 14.25-ounce can black beans: 89 cents
1 14.25-ounce can whole kernel corn: 49 cents
1 5-ounce envelope taco seasoning: 98 cents
1 12-ounce bag shredded cheddar: $2.99
Total: $8.73
Instructions

Cook the rotini according to the directions on the package. While the pasta cooks, open the black beans and corn, and drain them. Drain the pasta and rinse it with cold water.
Put the pasta in a large bowl and add the jar of salsa, black beans, corn and 1 tablespoon of the taco seasoning mix. Add cheddar cheese and mix all ingredients together. Cover the pasta salad and place it in the the fridge to chill for two to three hours.

I grated the cheese myself instead of buying shredded. Boy, does that make a difference! The cheese isn't all dry and dusty.

I also used a seasoning called Nash Dust made by a small local business that specializes in hot sauce. Quite tasty!

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
This one is for @Fenway .......

Made some incredible Chicago Style Italian Beef Sandwiches last night in the InstaPot. Like most people in Chicago, I take my Italian Beef Seriously (Scatchels, down in Cicero is the best BTW) and I ALWAYS take may sandwiches dipped. Total prep time was 2hrs, but still way quicker than traditional methods and better than anything you will get at Portillo's, or Al's. Great for Sundays when you have people over for football.....

The leftovers are just as good. Just make sure to store the beef and the gravy in separate containers. Then just re-heat the gravy, add the meat and serve. Here's the recipe: Chicago-Style Italian Beef Sandwiches – Instant Pot Recipes

View media item 9684

What is a Italian beef sandwich?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino