Food at the Bell Center

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Man the food is bad at the Bell Center. I see why Molson talked about it, but he did nothing in regards to it. Sorry not sure why everyone drools over out hot dogs they are shit. I make better hot dogs at home. The Pizza is disgusting. Nachos are the cheap nachos with cheap cheeze and Salsa and thats it. Didn't try the poutine or smoke meat, but I am guessing the poutine has one cheese curd in it (or probably mozarella) and a dribble of sauce.

I was in Desjardins section and got free food and ya, its bad. The fact that they charge insane prices for this food makes it worse. I had better hot dogs at Decarie hot dog for .50 cents and they charge what 4 or 5 bucks a dog? And no onions or other garnishes just condiments come on.

The Pizza was clearly cooked hours before the game and heated up. Tasted exactly like day old Pizza that I throw into the toaster oven the next day. I can get a .99 cent pizza that is way better and again they charge insane prices.

I understand the pricing thats sports, but at least make the food quality. And if the food is mass produced due to the demand because it Desjardins section while these tickets cost 300+ dollars and all you give me is stale pizza and stale hot dogs and can't even completly cover my Nachos in cheese, ya screw off.

The seasts, the game all great. The food though sucks. Molson you got a long way to go to fulfil your promise of better food at the bell. Instead of creating these new more expensive fad foods how about up the quality of your pizza from Guality to quality, and the same with your hot dogs. I actually can vaguly remember going to the Forum and the hot dogs were much better back then.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
As someone that lives far away from Montreal, the last place I would go to to experience the city's cuisine is at the hockey rink. I agree the food wasn't great but the expectations must be tempered. We have sat in different sections, but when we sat in the Desjardins section, it was a fill your face experience as opposed to savoring each bite. Getting food in the other sections was on an emergency (absorb beer or shut kids up) basis.

Reactions: cashinstinct

Fenwick McCorsi

Not impress.
Mar 3, 2013
Montreal, QC
I was at the season ticket holders meeting at the start of the season and someone asked if Desjardins would get better food as the free food was trash. Molson said they'd look into it but nothing has been done. The food court downstairs however, has some much better options for similar pricing. Outside of said food court though it's really garbage.

Pick something up there before going up (will have to pay) or just eat at any of the great restaurants / pubs within walking distance before or after.

Reactions: cashinstinct

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I was at the season ticket holders meeting at the start of the season and someone asked if Desjardins would get better food as the free food was trash. Molson said they'd look into it but nothing has been done. The food court downstairs however, has some much better options for similar pricing. Outside of said food court though it's really garbage.

Pick something up there before going up (will have to pay) or just eat at any of the great restaurants / pubs within walking distance before or after.

I mean clearly you should eat beforhand, its like going to the movies you know they are going to gouge you. But even still the food is just bad. I don't know when the hot dogs got this bad because when I sit in the normal sections I usually don't eat. The food was stale and thats not a good look.

And consider that Desjardain tickets have a face value of 300+ they should at least not serve stale dogs and pizza. Yes its all you can eat but you are paying for it with the price of those tickets.

Ya if I actually had to pay for the food I would not bother eating at the Bell.

I just find it ironic that he said he would improve the food this year while we expected the team to suck. Meanwhile the food is still trash but the team actually got better. So instead of better food and a worse team we got a better team and worse food, but I will take it. Molson should promise better food every year seems to motivate the boys on the ice LOL.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Man the food is bad at the Bell Center. I see why Molson talked about it, but he did nothing in regards to it. Sorry not sure why everyone drools over out hot dogs they are ****. I make better hot dogs at home. The Pizza is disgusting. Nachos are the cheap nachos with cheap cheeze and Salsa and thats it. Didn't try the poutine or smoke meat, but I am guessing the poutine has one cheese curd in it (or probably mozarella) and a dribble of sauce.

I was in Desjardins section and got free food and ya, its bad. The fact that they charge insane prices for this food makes it worse. I had better hot dogs at Decarie hot dog for .50 cents and they charge what 4 or 5 bucks a dog? And no onions or other garnishes just condiments come on.

The Pizza was clearly cooked hours before the game and heated up. Tasted exactly like day old Pizza that I throw into the toaster oven the next day. I can get a .99 cent pizza that is way better and again they charge insane prices.

I understand the pricing thats sports, but at least make the food quality. And if the food is mass produced due to the demand because it Desjardins section while these tickets cost 300+ dollars and all you give me is stale pizza and stale hot dogs and can't even completly cover my Nachos in cheese, ya screw off.

The seasts, the game all great. The food though sucks. Molson you got a long way to go to fulfil your promise of better food at the bell. Instead of creating these new more expensive fad foods how about up the quality of your pizza from Guality to quality, and the same with your hot dogs. I actually can vaguly remember going to the Forum and the hot dogs were much better back then.

Canadiens unveil new food and drink offerings at the Bell Centre: M2 Marché and Mythik

Definitely seems like, as usual with this sort of approach, diversity was more important than quality.

If you're eating pasta (or bento boxes dafuq) at a hockey game you need to go f*** yourself.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
We used to laugh at Molson wanting to make the food better instead of the team and now that the team is better we want the food to be better

No, I think we're laughing at Molson for saying he was improving the food and doing nothing. We're all pretty happy with how the team is playing. Nobody asked for f***ing poké, the man just doesn't want to pay 6$ for a hotdog that he can't get f***ing onions on.

edit: although the comparison to decarie is a bit unfair, decarie hot dog is legendary.

Barriwhite

Don’t be shocked by the tone of my voice
Nov 8, 2005
Montreal
I mean clearly you should eat beforhand, its like going to the movies you know they are going to gouge you.

[...]

And consider that Desjardain tickets have a face value of 300+ they should at least not serve stale dogs and pizza. Yes its all you can eat but you are paying for it with the price of those tickets.

[...]

I was in the "super loge" a few weeks back - just one big box the size of two normal ones, really - and low and behold: we were treated with the same stale hot dogs, smoked meat sandwiches and pizza.

They just don't care.

Barriwhite

Don’t be shocked by the tone of my voice
Nov 8, 2005
Montreal
No, I think we're laughing at Molson for saying he was improving the food and doing nothing. We're all pretty happy with how the team is playing. Nobody asked for ****ing poké, the man just doesn't want to pay 6$ for a hotdog that he can't get ****ing onions on.

edit: although the comparison to decarie is a bit unfair, decarie hot dog is legendary.

Molson should in-license Decarie Hot Dog. Or any other reputable hot dog joint. Just serve a proper hot dog.

Flyers fans can enjoy a Shake Shack burger while in the stands at the Wells Fargo center. Why can't we have nice things too?

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Yes the food at the bell centre is horrible, no two way about it. They lag way behind other buildings in that department. I've been to a lot of other nhl arenas and they are by far the worse imo. I never eat at the bell centre and personally I don't understand people going to a hockey game or movie theatre looking to eat dinner but that's another discussion. The point is they could definitely do better and should do better. The original poster is right, I don't think it's about offering more options, I think people would just appreciate making the basics better (hot dog, nachos, pizza). All 3 of those are bad and you really gotta be lazy or cheap to mess up a hot dog. Interestingly enough, of all the sports establishment I've been to I have to admit some american ballparks really have incredible food. The choices at some of those baseball parks were insane, I would say quite similar to good quality food truck type options which is really quite the opposite from the bell centre.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I mean clearly you should eat beforhand, its like going to the movies you know they are going to gouge you. But even still the food is just bad. I don't know when the hot dogs got this bad because when I sit in the normal sections I usually don't eat. The food was stale and thats not a good look.

Ya if I actually had to pay for the food I would not bother eating at the Bell.

I just find it ironic that he said he would improve the food this year while we expected the team to suck. Meanwhile the food is still trash but the team actually got better. So instead of better food and a worse team we got a better team and worse food, but I will take it. Molson should promise better food every year seems to motivate the boys on the ice LOL.

It's pretty bad. Been terrible for years. There's probably better tasting junk food at your local arena.
If you really think about it, they should be paying you to eat this garbage.

Reactions: scrubadam

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Would love to see Molson eat some hot dogs and pizza there and tell us how awesome they are with a straight face.

FWIW, food isn’t too great in Rogers Centre and Air Canada Centre either.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Higher profit margins with cheap food? It's not that they can't do better, they just won't.
No incentive to do better. Go to a game. People all around you will be eating something or another.

The last two times I went to a game I just went for tacos at Escondite about two minutes from the arena. Much better food.

Reactions: ThaDevilGirl

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Mostly I'm surprised how long it takes to get the damn food.

Its like everytime a period endsethe restaurants are surprised "where did these thousands of people come from"

I'm not here for quality food, I drank the night before, slept in, barely made it to the game on time, I just want my food without missing any hockey.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
An argument could be made about dropping the prices of food and drinks, as done by some US sports franchise over the last years.

2021 season

Great news fans..we dropped concession food prices from extortion prices down to a much affordable price....for you... the fans..

We also would like to announce we increased ticket prices by 25%

Thank you, enjoy lower food prices..

Reactions: HBDay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad