Flyers World Championship thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The fact that everyone here is pissed about the shootout is a great example as to why I think so highly of Flyer fans.

It's not even that. I thought it was dumb even when USA won at this past WJC's. I won't take anything away from the teams as both of them have a chance heading into it. It's just a bad way to decide an important game.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
It's not even that. I thought it was dumb even when USA won at this past WJC's. I won't take anything away from the teams as both of them have a chance heading into it. It's just a bad way to decide an important game.
The shootout is complete garbage and using it to decide a game of any importance is a joke. You are 100% right.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The shootout is complete garbage and using it to decide a game of any importance is a joke. You are 100% right.

I don't mind them in the regular season for the NHL. I just think they should be looking for ways to minimize it more. Perhaps a 3 point system &/or a little longer OT period.

But you're probably not going to get all parties on board with those changes unfortunately. The league/owners/executives love the fake parity while the players don't want to play anymore than they have to.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
A great tournament by Konecny. A big middle finger to Hakstol. Cooper showed confidence in him over and over.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Shootout is just the latest in a long history of experiments with how the World Champion is selected. At least the top 2 teams face off against each other...for years it was winner of the round-robin, with various and strange tie-breakers.

3 on 3 is very likely to be the next method introduced, it's exciting, skillful, and settles it without unlimited overtime.

Congratulations Sweden!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
We had 5 players on the team and not one saw the ice in the shootout :laugh:

IIHF is going back to 4v4 in overtime of the gold medal games next season.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
After watching these games, Skinner strikes me as a player that would give us divided opinions on this board.

It easy to see why he scores goal at even strength, he's supremely gifted, but I feel the same way about him as I do about Eichel and MacKinnon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad