Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
My guess:

Canada: Simmonds, Couturier, Schenn.
USA: Gostisbehere.
Russia: Provorov, Lyubimov.
Czech Republic: Voracek, Gudas, Neuvirth.
Finland: Filppula.
Sweden: Lindblom.
France: Bellemare.

Maybe's:

Giroux, Mason.

Long-shot:

Vorobyov.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
With the Olympics still being a possibility, you may see bigger names than usual this year.

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
Team Canada

J BENN J TAVARES T SEGUIN
B.MARCHAND Ryan O’Reilly M.DUCHENE
J CARTER C.GIROUX W.SIMMONDS
J SKINNER M SCHEIFELE B HORVAT

+ 3 spots after first SC like McDavid,Marner,Stone or Hoffman

J MUZZIN D DOUGHTY
R ELLIS P.K SUBBAN >>> after first round
D HAMILTON D SEVERSON

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
Very optimistic forwards line

J BENN C.McDavid T SEGUIN
B.MARCHAND J TAVARES M SCHEIFELE
J CARTER C.GIROUX W.SIMMONDS
J SKINNER Ryan O’Reilly M.MARNER
M.DUCHENE
B HORVAT

Hapiii

Jun 30, 2013
I hope Giroux isnt going. Let him just Recover from the hip surgery and bounce back next year.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I hope Giroux doesn't go.

He went, what, 2 or 3 times since the last Olympics? Once with Crosby on the team, so he was willing to play down the lineup, and he was still a late add-on to the World Cup team and then benched during it. I know he did no favors for himself that one time he declined to go to the orientation camp before the last Olympics.

If he wants to go, then fine, I think it's good for players if you want to wipe out part of the stench of a bad season, and play for a few weeks for a coach with a clue. See a couple towns you wouldn't otherwise get to see. Kind of been there done that too with Todd McLellan, and Ed Snider raved about how great everyone who went looked in the tournament.

I'm not one of those guys who is anti-international, and thinks the only thing that should matter if the Flyers because "that's who pays him," but I hope he passes. He's about to turn 30, he's won the tournament in the past. And unless he is burning down the league in the first half of the season, he's not making the Olympic team, especially if Babcock is the coach again because he has his people in line already, and that's assuming they go next year. Not worth it anymore. Take the extra time to get ready for next season.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
is there anyone injured?

This should be the determining factor. There are guys that are playing hurt and coming off of injuries from last season that would be best served to lay back, do therapy and get healed-Ghost, G, Coots quickly come to mind. Jake may have an issue as well; there's something that isn't working in his game right now. Provorov probably will go but he's played more games in the last year than ever. Some time off would serve him well.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Apparently US men are planning on boycotting due to the women's team situation. Tough to really tell though as most of these guys don't show up in normal years anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad