Seravalli: Flyers willing to package 7, 22 + to get into the top 5 and draft Michkov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Agree but everything goes on Leonard direction since a week for Montreal. Its legit to Philu to claim that th'ell get him at 7 if a move down is made with Washington. That would be pitch too. Im pretty sure that Hughes would highly consider a move down and have the guy they realy want rather than being satisfy with Reinbacher or Dvorsky.
you drunk

But seriously, we don't have any idea they might like Dvorsky more then all of them for what we know, the team under Hughes is throwing smokescreens out like freaking Koffing, last year they didn't take Slaf out for dinner but took Cooley and Wright and talked about how they value the center ice. Then they drafted the big winger. This year he said, i may trade up, trade down or stay we have no idea

Reactions: pth2

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Agree but everything goes on Leonard direction since a week for Montreal. Its legit to Philu to claim that th'ell get him at 7 if a move down is made with Washington. That would be pitch too. Im pretty sure that Hughes would highly consider a move down and have the guy they realy want rather than being satisfy with Reinbacher or Dvorsky.
Yet to many , Hughes' very positive description of Leonard almost made it too obvious a pick, as in it's just a smokescreen.

You don't drool in public about a player you intend to pick.

It's still an advantage to dealing with Philly: far higher likelihood of drafting the guy you really want.

• Haha
Reactions: Haatley

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
....No

You're making this up. Top 5 picks are basically never traded - so there's no benchmark to really compare to.

NHL teams either take who they want in that range, or don't. Not like the NFL where it is frequent.

Also, the whole reason why Michkov should even be available is because teams don't think he's a guarantee to even come over from Russia. He's super talented, but also super risky. You're not getting huge compensation for 2 spots just because the (possible) intended target is super talented.
This Hab fan would rather swing and miss than not swing at all. Keep your 7th and hopefully the Habs will pick the best player sitting at 5.

so what if Michkov pulls Ivan Fedotov?
And what if he doesn't?

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
This Hab fan would rather swing and miss than not swing at all. Keep your 7th and hopefully the Habs will pick the best player sitting at 5.

You may, but chances are the Habs won't. Most orgs look at reducing risk rather than acquiring it. Flyers are dumb and very desperate, so there's a good shot they'll draft Michkov if he's there at 7.

I don't care if the Habs do take him - but I'm not giving two 1sts and Carter Hart to move up 2 spots. So sure - go for it. Keep #5 and take a shot at Michkov.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
When HUGO got here one said they not only wanted to win , but they wanted to win with exciting hockey.

Sometimes you get great 2 way guys like Crosby, other times you get the offense but nit the 200 foot game , like Gretzky. With HUGO's statement, we go Michkov unless the reason doing otherwise is really good.

LegionOfGloom

Jun 9, 2021
When HUGO got here one said they not only wanted to win , but they wanted to win with exciting hockey.

Sometimes you get great 2 way guys like Crosby, other times you get the offense but nit the 200 foot game , like Gretzky. With HUGO's statement, we go Michkov unless the reason doing otherwise is really good.
So the Canadiens will draft Michkov unless there is a good reason to draft someone else and then they'll draft that person. Bold prediction but I think you might be right.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
So the Canadiens will draft Michkov unless there is a good reason to draft someone else and then they'll draft that person. Bold prediction but I think you might be right.
Lol. If Michkov is this super talent then Habs need to take him. I think this character stuff sound s like BS , he yelled at teammates for mailing it in for instance. His not ever coming over sounds like BS, you bank on him wanting the big money and playing in the worlds best league. Now if you think he just isn't talented enough or don't think you have seen enough of him to have a good feel for his game, then I guess okay, legit not to take him.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
No i think what he's saying that the Habs will draft one of the 5 that will drop in our lap. Really not that hard to understand.

Hope is not a strategy
The Habs GM is the strategist. Fans can only hope.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I hope so! Bring back some entertaining hockey to Philly. Imagine Cutter Gauthier and Ryan Leonard on the same line.
I could actually imagine this on the Habs, too. #7 and Gauthier for #5 could be a win-win.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I’m sure the ask to take michkov instead of leonard is insane. Just take whomever is not picked if you’re the flyers

Reactions: JRichard

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
This is the Jaromir Jagr situation all over again. Any team who passes on Michkov once Bedard is selected is incurring significant risk. And the risk increases drastically as the other elite prospects like Fantilli and Carlsson come off the board. Teams 4-8 who pass on Michkov are playing a game of chicken that result in irreversible damage to their franchise.

The risk in taking Michkov 4-8:
He doesn't arrive for 3 years, or something outlandish happens politically, or injury-related, and he never arrives.

The risk in not taking Michkov 4-8:
You passed on the next Kucherov, Kaprizov, Fedorov, Bure, or maybe even better, because you wanted to play it safe and take a far lesser talent.

Even if you take him at 4 and the worst case scenario happens, at least you know you were aggressive and jumped on the opportunity to scoop up a potential generational talent who would have likely gone 1st overall most years. If you pass out of fear, you deserve to miss out on a franchise altering player.

Reactions: Edgy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad